South Side Indy
    awesome_thread.jpg

:)::laugh::lol2::lmfao:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    As a previous business owner, regardless of how my customers treated me, I always restrained myself and rose above it...I couldn't ask that of my wife, simply due to who and how she is. At the beginning of our business, I felt she was driving some of our customer base away, so no more customer interactions from her.

She sounds like a real peach. Congratulations.

Funny how the same people keep having "encounters," while most people live for years without negative police interactions.

I suppose it's noble work, going about the land, protecting the rights of the people to be obnoxious pains. Small wonder our society is so screwed up.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    She sounds like a real peach. Congratulations.

Funny how the same people keep having "encounters," while most people live for years without negative police interactions.

I suppose it's noble work, going about the land, protecting the rights of the people to be obnoxious pains. Small wonder our society is so screwed up.

It is a thing of standing up for what is and what is not legal.
    If you do not assert your rights, they get trampled.

I will not be a sheeple, allowing someone's attitude as reason to violate my rights.:twocents:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    By being rude to another person then becoming incensed when they have the audacity to become pissed off.

And you are not my friend. My friends treat people a little more respectfully. As for my "lack of respect" in here, A.) it's the interwebs and 2.) I'm merely showing what you and her showed the LEO. I go by the golden rule that others want to be treated the same as they treat you and others around them, so I am.

"I'm merely showing what you and her showed the LEO."

"I go by the golden rule"

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things, doesn't belong... :n00b:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    It is a thing of standing up for what is and what is not legal.
    If you do not assert your rights, they get trampled.

I reckon I'm just lucky, then. I've been carrying a firearm for over 20 years, sometimes open, but mostly concealed, and have never had any rights trampled, and never had any negative "encounters" with anyone, LE or otherwise. Of course, my wife and I don't make it a habit to mock people as "retards" in public, and I don't have to be ashamed of how she acts to the point that I have to keep her away from people.

One of these days, you and your mouthy woman are going to play your little game with the wrong person. I hardly think that you are being brave, standing up to those who know they will suffer negative employment consequences for giving you what you really deserve. For all your whining about how we are "losing our rights," if you had acted this way towards a cop back in the 40's or 50's, (or ANY man, badge or no badge) he'd have knocked your teeth down your throat, and society would have just shrugged. You should be thankful you live in this day and age, braveheart.

There was only one "retard" in this scenario, and it sure as heck wasn't the deputy.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think cops should maintain stoic professionalism at all times, and if they can't, they are in the wrong profession. That includes the times they encounter nasty, skanky, rotten-mouthed, trailer park, mean-spirited, lowbrow sewage spewing forth from people cowardly hiding behind the cop's sense of decorum while pretending to be brave.

Hypothetically, of course.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I think cops should maintain stoic professionalism at all times, and if they can't, they are in the wrong profession. That includes the times they encounter nasty, skanky, rotten-mouthed, trailer park, mean-spirited, lowbrow sewage spewing forth from people cowardly hiding behind the cop's sense of decorum while pretending to be brave.

Of course!

:lmfao:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

That put a smile on my face...reading it.:)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I reckon I'm just lucky, then. I've been carrying a firearm for over 20 years, sometimes open, but mostly concealed, and have never had any rights trampled, and never had any negative "encounters" with anyone, LE or otherwise. Of course, my wife and I don't make it a habit to mock people as "retards" in public, and I don't have to be ashamed of how she acts to the point that I have to keep her away from people.

One of these days, you and your mouthy woman are going to play your little game with the wrong person. I hardly think that you are being brave, standing up to those who know they will suffer negative employment consequences for giving you what you really deserve. For all your whining about how we are "losing our rights," if you had acted this way towards a cop back in the 40's or 50's, (or ANY man, badge or no badge) he'd have knocked your teeth down your throat, and society would have just shrugged. You should be thankful you live in this day and age, braveheart.

There was only one "retard" in this scenario, and it sure as heck wasn't the deputy.

I am not ashamed of her, nor have I stated so.
    Sorry, this isn't the 40's & 50's...more and more of the JBT tactics are getting called out. I know you wish you could still beat us down and force respect, but as you realize, it's 2011. :patriot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Is that your job...teaching people respect? Or making them respect you?
    I can't MAKE anyone do ANYTHING. People choose. However, if I thought it would help, I would talk to the person. Maybe they did not realize their remarks were in poor taste or derogatory. If an adult acts like a child, I might have to treat them like one. Then again, some people won't hear ANY advice, no matter how solid it may be, and is not worth my effort. What do you think I do most of the time...defuse situations. 90% of my time on runs I am a defuser and pretty damn good one at that. I have discovered in my many years on the street that there is a lack of common courtesy and manners in the population. Quite sad really.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I can't MAKE anyone do ANYTHING. People choose. However, if I thought it would help, I would talk to the person. Maybe they did not realize their remarks were in poor taste or derogatory. If an adult acts like a child, I might have to treat them like one. Then again, some people won't hear ANY advice, no matter how solid it may be, and is not worth my effort. What do you think I do most of the time...defuse situations. 90% of my time on runs I am a defuser and pretty damn good one at that. I have discovered in my many years on the street that there is a lack of common courtesy and manners in the population. Quite sad really.

I don't doubt your skills and I see nothing wrong with what you have stated...
    But when the party has already left and clearly has no intention of coming back...is it wise of an officer to chase after them, simply because they got pissed off? I really don't see that defusing the situation, only escalating it. :twocents:

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon

+1

Question for you ATF because you know your wife better than I do. If she was standing in line at a gas station on the east side would she run her yap like that to a thug in line?

If not, How come?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    +1

Question for you ATF because you know your wife better than I do. If she was standing in line at a gas station on the east side would she run her yap like that to a thug in line?

If not, How come?

No...she knows better than to go to that area, and always pays with a bank card at the pump.:D
    On a serious note...the stress she was under at the time had a lot to do with it...not her normal demeanor, and had it not been the complete run around we got during the whole experience certainly would have resulted in a different outcome, for sure. Again, I don't excuse her actions, but will defend her right to do so in the heat of the moment.

Top Bottom