• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Wow, mimicking and talking like a "retarded" person. Way to treat those in society with mental problems. I stopped using the term "retarded" years ago because is was a slap in the face to all those mentally challenged persons who try to get by in life. You are REALLY on your soap box about the building deputy's attitude when you wife was WAY out of line. I don't care WHAT stress she was under. Stress does not make people into something that they were not already. It just pushes them to show their butts earlier than normal. Your wife deserved NO respect based on her outrageous behavior. I would have stopped her too. She needed a conversation about respecting ALL people...one that I gather she lacked BEFORE this incident.

Is that your job...teaching people respect? Or making them respect you?

respect_authoritah.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Name calling on another member's wife is nothing less than instigating an illicit response in order to stir the pot. Comparing open carrying to that of walking around with body parts hanging out of clothing is another of the instigating comments you have made. If it is intended differently I don't see how unless it was purely meant as disrespect alone.

You say tomato, I say toematoe. I'm merely exercising my first ammendment rights and sharing my opinions. I understand that if you don't agree with them you are more than welcome to disagree and share your opinion with me.

Just because someone has a differing opinion than that of your own does not make them an instigator. Although, under the PA that may no longer be the case. HAven't checked into that lately.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wow, mimicking and talking like a "retarded" person. Way to treat those in society with mental problems. I stopped using the term "retarded" years ago because is was a slap in the face to all those mentally challenged persons who try to get by in life. You are REALLY on your soap box about the building deputy's attitude when you wife was WAY out of line. I don't care WHAT stress she was under. Stress does not make people into something that they were not already. It just pushes them to show their butts earlier than normal. Your wife deserved NO respect based on her outrageous behavior. I would have stopped her too. She needed a conversation about respecting ALL people...one that I gather she lacked BEFORE this incident. Quite frankly, I would have been too embarrassed to post this story.

Finally.... someone with intelligence! Oh wait.... I'm probably an "instigator" for agreeing with you.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    OK, I used the wrong word, thank you for clarifying...lets use rude and inappropriate! Yep, rude and inappropriate fits better. :yesway:
    OK then.

Wow, mimicking and talking like a "retarded" person. Way to treat those in society with mental problems. I stopped using the term "retarded" years ago because is was a slap in the face to all those mentally challenged persons who try to get by in life. You are REALLY on your soap box about the building deputy's attitude when you wife was WAY out of line. I don't care WHAT stress she was under. Stress does not make people into something that they were not already. It just pushes them to show their butts earlier than normal. Your wife deserved NO respect based on her outrageous behavior. I would have stopped her too. She needed a conversation about respecting ALL people...one that I gather she lacked BEFORE this incident. Quite frankly, I would have been too embarrassed to post this story.
    We were told in the ILEA Public Communication classes, in 1974, that the term "Retard" was as bad as the "N" word and to avoid using it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I don't have a "code of conduct" shnookums. I have Morals and was taught Right and Wrong though. My PArents taught me to respect others and be polite when possible. Give respect to those that show the same to you, and if they treat you like ****, give them nothing. Something that much of society seems to be missing.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I don't have a "code of conduct" shnookums. I have Morals and was taught Right and Wrong though. My PArents taught me to respect others and be polite when possible. Give respect to those that show the same to you, and if they treat you like ****, give them nothing. Something that much of society seems to be missing.

Go back and re-learn what they taught you, because you certainly haven't shown that in this thread, my dear INGO friend.;)

Where did I or my wife disrespect you?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Go back and re-learn what they taught you, because you certainly haven't shown that in this thread, my dear INGO friend.;)

Where did I or my wife disrespect you?

By being rude to another person then becoming incensed when they have the audacity to become pissed off.

And you are not my friend. My friends treat people a little more respectfully. As for my "lack of respect" in here, A.) it's the interwebs and 2.) I'm merely showing what you and her showed the LEO. I go by the golden rule that others want to be treated the same as they treat you and others around them, so I am.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Sorry, my wife was not in that class and I make no excuses for her using it.
    It may be offensive, but certainly not illegal.
    The "N" word's not illegal either.
    However civil people don't use it for the same reason that they don't use the word "Retard".
    It shows a complete lack of consideration for other people's feelings.
    I guess being inconsiderate is the norm today. :dunno:

Pity!
    This used to be such a nice country. :patriot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The "N" word's not illegal either.
    However civil people don't use it for the same reason that they don't use the word "Retard".
    It shows a complete lack of consideration for other people's feelings.
    I guess being inconsiderate is the norm today. :dunno:

Pity!
    This used to be such a nice country. :patriot:

I use retard all the time to describe people who make or present themselves that way. I dont have any desire to attack a REAL handicapped person who has no choice in the matter. So if other people dont like my use of a word they can kiss my ass, I dont care what they think. this is how i feel. no one has to accept it. not directing that to you directly mike

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    By being rude to another person then becoming incensed when they have the audacity to become pissed off.

And you are not my friend. My friends treat people a little more respectfully. As for my "lack of respect" in here, A.) it's the interwebs and 2.) I'm merely showing what you and her showed the LEO. I go by the golden rule that others want to be treated the same as they treat you and others around them, so I am.

Nice of you to make an attempt to be my friend.;)

I showed the LEO no disrespect...I merely informed him of her rights. If that is disrespectful, then I must be one rude dude.

I forgot the interweb gives you a power shield to be the way you are.

That's a funny alteration to the golden rule you choose to follow...:):

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I use retard all the time to describe people who make or present themselves that way. I dont have any desire to attack a REAL handicapped person who has no choice in the matter. So if other people dont like my use of a word they can kiss my ass, I dont care what they think. this is how i feel. no one has to accept it. not directing that to you directly mike
    That's OK
    You KNOW I wouldn't KYA if it would save my life. :D

Top Bottom