• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    No...she knows better than to go to that area, and always pays with a bank card at the pump.:D
    On a serious note...the stress she was under at the time had a lot to do with it...not her normal demeanor, and had it not been the complete run around we got during the whole experience certainly would have resulted in a different outcome, for sure. Again, I don't excuse her actions, but will defend her right to do so in the heat of the moment.

So if you were standing in line with her at the grocery store and the person behind her starting calling her colorfull words you would tell her "Its ok honey, its his right to do so"?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So if you were standing in line with her at the grocery store and the person behind her starting calling her colorfull words you would tell her "Its ok honey, its his right to do so"?

If you mean would I get confrontational with them... absolutely not...I try to defuse problems, not escalate them. That is why I was a bit shocked to see the Deputy attempt to pursue her. Why escalate something as childish as name calling?
    Had she started in with that behavior as well in line at the grocery, I'd drug her out of the store to keep things cool.
    I do recall at the time, telling her to leave...just go. She did after she said her piece.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    ATF, did you ever get your original question, the reason for being at the CCB, answered? I might be able to assist you. Having done my time as a building deputy, I can tell you that the turnover is awful, and the dissemination of information to the deputies is sketchy, at best. It is very possible that he did not have an answer for you and did not know where to get it.

I do not know who the deputy was, nor the details of the interaction, but I would be happy to assist you with finding the information that he could not.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    ATF, did you ever get your original question, the reason for being at the CCB, answered? I might be able to assist you. Having done my time as a building deputy, I can tell you that the turnover is awful, and the dissemination of information to the deputies is sketchy, at best. It is very possible that he did not have an answer for you and did not know where to get it.

I do not know who the deputy was, nor the details of the interaction, but I would be happy to assist you with finding the information that he could not.

Thank you very much...yes, we got our answers and all taken care of.:yesway:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Apparently not by your (mis )understanding of the Golden Rule

I stated my version of the Golden Rule. There's many versions if you're going to go abstract. "He who has the Gold Rules" etc.....

My belief is that if people are going to treat you an others like ****, they deserve no respect. I think we know where ATF and his wife fit. They'd rather mock others and cause confrontations (in the name of "difusing") than to treat others with a modicum of respect.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I stated my version of the Golden Rule. There's many versions if you're going to go abstract. "He who has the Gold Rules" etc.....

My belief is that if people are going to treat you an others like ****, they deserve no respect. I think we know where ATF and his wife fit. They'd rather mock others and cause confrontations (in the name of "difusing") than to treat others with a modicum of respect.

That excuses you for calling his wife a *****?:dunno: Would you have the same attitude if the incident they were referring to that they could not get information on was a robbery that was with her at gunpoint or a myriad of other situations that could have her feathers ruffled and then have a person is supposed to serve the public not helping any at all. We should all aspire to be as perfect as you.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I have discovered in my many years on the street that there is a lack of common courtesy and manners in the population.

Brother...one doesn't have to be a cop to notice this.

The problem with your line of work is that you get called to go see it, and when you get there you have to act like Mother Teresa. If you don't, you're an a-hole.

I wouldn't last a week.

This I know.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That excuses you for calling his wife a *****?:dunno: Would you have the same attitude if the incident they were referring to that they could not get information on was a robbery that was with her at gunpoint or a myriad of other situations that could have her feathers ruffled and then have a person is supposed to serve the public not helping any at all. We should all aspire to be as perfect as you.

No. I didn't say she was a *****. I said she was ACTING like a *****. there's a difference. I don't know her to be able to make the call if she is a *****. She may be mother Theresa for all I know, but her actions that have been mentioned here were nothing short of being a *****. Period. I don't care what the circumstances, you don't mock others like that. Being frustrated is one thing. Being a dick/*****/*******/douchebag/whatever to another person trying to do their job is another.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I work in a job that deals with the public all day ever day. If I ever displayed any negative attitude to someone no matter the circumstance I would have gone on a permanent unpaid vacation. I do not work a job as noble as defending the public and their peace of mind. If I am able to restrain myself while be called a ****ing moron, an idiot, or a helpless son of ***** just because I can't help someone with their challenges, then I would think someone working a desk as a keeper of the peace should be able to hold the same constraint or find a new job.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had not followed this thread recently and just finished catching up. Have they invented a mind eraser yet so I can unread what I just read? All I can say about the last dozen or so pages is that I'M embarassed just reading it. Some people just don't know how to act in public.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I work in a job that deals with the public all day ever day. If I ever displayed any negative attitude to someone no matter the circumstance I would have gone on a permanent unpaid vacation. I do not work a job as noble as defending the public and their peace of mind. If I am able to restrain myself while be called a ****ing moron, an idiot, or a helpless son of ***** just because I can't help someone with their challenges, then I would think someone working a desk as a keeper of the peace should be able to hold the same constraint or find a new job.

Then you are a saint. We all have our breaking points. EVERY. LAST. ONE. Of. US. Each person's breaking point is at a different spot. I'm a fiery haired Ginger, I've fought my ENTIRE life to hold mine in. Doesn't work well. Modern medicine's are helping though...;)

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Then you are a saint. We all have our breaking points. EVERY. LAST. ONE. Of. US. Each person's breaking point is at a different spot. I'm a fiery haired Ginger, I've fought my ENTIRE life to hold mine in. Doesn't work well. Modern medicine's are helping though...;)

Mine tends to be as soon as I hit the on off button on the phone... I think the wall in front of my desk would blush if it had ears. I have tempered my temper(that sounds odd) in the short time it has flourished and very few things get my dander up anymore. Lack of respect to women, lack of respect to my family, and general dunderheadedness are about the only thing that raise my blood pressure but I usually just blow it off when I get home... Kind of nice being able to shoot off your front deck after a bad day.

Top Bottom