• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Wrong, he walked back to the door and made a smirk comment to her...he certainly rose above it. :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure I'm familiar with a "smirk" comment.
    A "smirk" is a facial expression.
    "A smile expressing smugness or scorn instead of pleasure"

In all my years as an LEO I don't recall receiving any instructions, or training, that stated that an Officer couldn't "smirk".
    Maybe I missed that. :dunno:
    Maybe the guys who are still on active duty can clear that up for me.
    Maybe there's a new Rule of Conduct that I'm unaware of.
    Smirking in Uniform?
    Smirking regardless of the Publics feelings?
    Smirking unbecoming an Officer?
    :popcorn:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    And we got our answer. No, let's not address the real PROBLEM, let's find a way to turn this into another LEO bashing moment. The PROBLEM was your was actuing like a rude, spoiled little *****. NOTHING ELSE. No one was arrested, detained, confronted, whatever. She made her snarky comment then slunk out of their like a snake to get away while her big bad husband "protected" her.

But you're right. It's all the LEO's fault because he was dealing with a PITA who called him names.

As a previous business owner, regardless of how my customers treated me, I always restrained myself and rose above it...I couldn't ask that of my wife, simply due to who and how she is. At the beginning of our business, I felt she was driving some of our customer base away, so no more customer interactions from her.

Just as a LEO is a public servant, they work for us...we pay their salaries. Their interactions with citizens should be the same as a business should be with it's customers. Rise above it and not return the same childish attitude.:twocents:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

In all my years as an LEO I don't recall receiving any instructions, or training, that stated that an Officer couldn't "smirk".
    Smirking in Uniform?

I bet you are Smirking now. ;)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Bobzilla I agree with you up to the point you start the name calling.

Were you the deputy, you seem to take this a little personal.

Thankfully no, because I wouldn't have had any of the restraint this guy showed. ;)

I just find it telling of our society that we do these types of things, and find it completely acceptible. It's OK to demean another human being and then get offended when they retort back, or worse when they WANT to retort back but can't/don't.

Then to go online and complain, whine and cry about these "terrible terrible leo's and their offensive use of their powers" when YOU were the one being offensive? It's ridiculous. It's ludicrous. It's just plain wrong.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Smirking in Uniform?

OK, I used the wrong word, thank you for clarifying...lets use rude and inappropriate! Yep, rude and inappropriate fits better. :yesway:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Thankfully no, because I wouldn't have had any of the restraint this guy showed. ;)

I just find it telling of our society that we do these types of things, and find it completely acceptible. It's OK to demean another human being and then get offended when they retort back, or worse when they WANT to retort back but can't/don't.

Then to go online and complain, whine and cry about these "terrible terrible leo's and their offensive use of their powers" when YOU were the one being offensive? It's ridiculous. It's ludicrous. It's just plain wrong.

You can call it what you will...I simply am stating the accounts as I remember them...but if that's complaining, whining and crying...then so be it.:dunno:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    As a previous business owner, regardless of how my customers treated me, I always restrained myself and rose above it...I couldn't ask that of my wife, simply due to who and how she is. At the beginning of our business, I felt she was driving some of our customer base away, so no more customer interactions from her.

Just as a LEO is a public servant, they work for us...we pay their salaries. Their interactions with citizens should be the same as a business should be with it's customers. Rise above it and not return the same childish attitude.:twocents:

I deal wit hthe public every day, 50+ hours a week. I have for 15+ years. I have gotten to deal with exactly the same situations as this, and sometimes I can keep my cool, other times I do not. Usually it's somethign specific that is an emotional trigger (for me it's my wife.) When that person crosses that line, I usually cannot hold back.

What says that LEO doesn't have a mentally handicapped child at home and he found that particular phrase extremely offensive? How would you feel if that had been you?

But yet you still claim that the LEO is not allowed to have any emotional responses ever.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I deal wit hthe public every day, 50+ hours a week. I have for 15+ years. I have gotten to deal with exactly the same situations as this, and sometimes I can keep my cool, other times I do not. Usually it's somethign specific that is an emotional trigger (for me it's my wife.) When that person crosses that line, I usually cannot hold back.
    So if I called your wife what you called mine...:dunno:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Indeed I did...:yesway:
    I explained to her how close she was to getting arrested, even though she did nothing illegal!

Well then with all due respect, you explained the wrong thing to her. She was in about the same probability of getting arrested as she was getting hit by a metor........as in near zero. Maybe an ass chewing but not arrested.

Now would he have been right to even give the ass chewing..........probably not. I find I don't give as many these days and either ignore it or say something similer to what they said.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Bob I am just going to go ahead call you out. You are being rude, name calling, and frankly kind of trolling. You repeatedly bash people for being disrespectful and rude which is one in the very same you are doing now and have done so in the past; events which if I retell I have been threatened with the banhammer because of the language you chose to instigate. Drop it already.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Bob I am just going to go ahead call you out. You are being rude, name calling, and frankly kind of trolling. You repeatedly bash people for being disrespectful and rude which is one in the very same you are doing now and have done so in the past; events which if I retell I have been threatened with the banhammer because of the language you chose to instigate. Drop it already.

I've not instigated anything on this forum. I have been ragged on though..... you know not following the whole "All cops are gestapo *******s" mentality. But whatev's. No skin off my nose.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Well then with all due respect, you explained the wrong thing to her. She was in about the same probability of getting arrested as she was getting hit by a metor........as in near zero. Maybe an ass chewing but not arrested.

Now would he have been right to even give the ass chewing..........probably not. I find I don't give as many these days and either ignore it or say something similer to what they said.

I can agree with this....except her probability...she would not have kept any cool...would have spiraled out of control for sure.

:yesway:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wow, mimicking and talking like a "retarded" person. Way to treat those in society with mental problems. I stopped using the term "retarded" years ago because is was a slap in the face to all those mentally challenged persons who try to get by in life. You are REALLY on your soap box about the building deputy's attitude when you wife was WAY out of line. I don't care WHAT stress she was under. Stress does not make people into something that they were not already. It just pushes them to show their butts earlier than normal. Your wife deserved NO respect based on her outrageous behavior. I would have stopped her too. She needed a conversation about respecting ALL people...one that I gather she lacked BEFORE this incident. Quite frankly, I would have been too embarrassed to post this story.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I've not instigated anything on this forum. I have been ragged on though..... you know not following the whole "All cops are gestapo *******s" mentality. But whatev's. No skin off my nose.

Name calling on another member's wife is nothing less than instigating an illicit response in order to stir the pot. Comparing open carrying to that of walking around with body parts hanging out of clothing is another of the instigating comments you have made. If it is intended differently I don't see how unless it was purely meant as disrespect alone.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If she was acting like yours did, according to your story, then I would have expected someone to say it. and would have told her my self as well.

Top Bottom