• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Where are all the cop bashers now that kept this thread alive oh so frivolously? Oh that's right ran like rats from a sinking ship. Still waiting to see the conclusion on this though.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    When your confronted by the police these days, the guys are looking for any reason to bust you over the head or throw you down. Don't give them any. Answer questions simply and clearly. "Yes", "no" etc. And DON'TMOVE. FREEZE. Let THEM tell you when to move. I'm not saying this like we should "cow" down to rude officers, but if you want to avoid some of the "hot shots" out there from pushing you around, keep it simple in your speech and don't move until they tell you.

COP: "...Do you have a license for that? <references your open carried side arm>"
    YOU: "Yes." <keeping still>
    COP: "OK, let me see it."
    <slowly and calmly get your permit out>

Even if there are awkward silences or the cop gets irradiated, only move when they ask you. Let them tell you to move and do something. This makes them feel in control and should keep you from pushed around.

If they were standing on a public sidewalk, I dont think the cop can legally make him cover his pistol.

Let me rephrase that: The cop cant legally do it, but he probably will anyway. Got a problem with that? End up beaten bloody on the concrete in handcuffs.

F*$! COPS

Get used to it, it wont change until Im banned from this site.

No doubt on the OP, but he only has 11 post. Give him time :D

Are you a cop? Want bashed? ;)

No if I want to be the victim of useless rhetoric I will go find the spider hole armed eastsider has secluded himself in after the banning. Would hate for INDOT to find out about his POS truck.:D:rolleyes:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I had a nice little encounter with a deputy sheriff at the checkpoint at the CCB this weekend.
    We were trying to obtain a bit of information about an arrest and the deputy sheriff gave us bland, non descriptive answers and couldn't direct us to anyone that could assist.
    My wife then became irate and mimicked him in a "retarded" fashion saying something to the effect.."duhhh, I'm too stupid to know anything, I'm just a dumb government employee."
    She then proceeded to the exit door, I remained standing there with the deputy sheriff. He became quite angry with her words and started toward her, shouting "ma'am". I jumped in front of him, blocking him from walking further toward her and explained to him that he couldn't proceed after her because everything she said was protected by the first amendment and she has the right to free speech to say anything she wants. He stopped, turned around and walked back to his station. I then proceeded out the door, then he turned and started to come out the door after us. He stopped at the door, opening it and shouted some smirk comment at my wife...how professional.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I had a nice little encounter with a deputy sheriff at the checkpoint at the CCB this weekend.
    We were trying to obtain a bit of information about an arrest and the deputy sheriff gave us bland, non descriptive answers and couldn't direct us to anyone that could assist.
    My wife then became irate and mimicked him in a "retarded" fashion saying something to the effect.."duhhh, I'm too stupid to know anything, I'm just a dumb government employee."
    She then proceeded to the exit door, I remained standing there with the deputy sheriff. He became quite angry with her words and started toward her, shouting "ma'am". I jumped in front of him, blocking him from walking further toward her and explained to him that he couldn't proceed after her because everything she said was protected by the first amendment and she has the right to free speech to say anything she wants. He stopped, turned around and walked back to his station. I then proceeded out the door, then he turned and started to come out the door after us. He stopped at the door, opening it and shouted some smirk comment at my wife...how professional.

Seems a bit antagonistic on your behalf, although I believe the badge is not the issue in the scenario but the person standing behind it. You have this with the administration department of any business or anything else now a days. Most pencil pushers do the bare minimum to get by and collect their paycheck because people don't show any common decency for one another anymore.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

:xmad::xmad:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

He was only stooping to the professional level of behavior displayed by your wife. I bet you were really proud of her how she showed that retard deputy how retarded he was.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    He was only stooping to the professional level of behavior displayed by your wife. I bet you were really proud of her how she showed that retard deputy how retarded he was.

I don't excuse my wife's behavior, other than being under much stress...but that certainly doesn't excuse his as being acceptable as a public servant, on duty!
    I honestly believe he would have made attempts to detain her, had I not stepped up.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I got to agree with this. Treat others how you'd like to be treated. Treat them like **** and expect it in return. It would be like me coming into whatever your job is and treating you like a dick when you're doing your job then getting pissed when you return that attitude back to me. Oh wait... I'm sure you NEVER EVER EVER return a person's attitude back to them do you?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Freedom of speech goes both ways. If you want to insult people to their faces, you should expect to be insulted in return. It's just when the person uses the authority of his office to obtain satisfaction that we begin to have a problem.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Freedom of speech goes both ways. If you want to insult people to their faces, you should expect to be insulted in return. It's just when the person uses the authority of his office to obtain satisfaction that we begin to have a problem.

Yep, he seemed determined to go get her. He was in a bit of confusion and unsure what to do once I had my words with him. Luckily for both of us, he turned around.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So, in YOUR OPINION he was going to do something wrong. But he didn't. So how is he a "bad cop"? Because you THOUGHT he was going to do somethign he didn't? Damn, now a person can't even have thoughts anymore if you are an LEO. So what CAN they do if you'd like to share?

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Yep, he gave no concern for our pursuit of information and gave no care to assist.

He probably sensed the chip on your wife's shoulders, and acted appropriately. But yeah, I'm sure your side of the story is the complete and unbiased truth. It's not like you complain about cops on the internet all the time, or anything.

People don't like to be mocked and provoked, no matter what their profession is. I find it instructive that you get off on these little "encounters," like your armed invasion of City Market. :):

Methinks someone needs to get a life.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So, in YOUR OPINION he was going to do something wrong. But he didn't. So how is he a "bad cop"? Because you THOUGHT he was going to do somethign he didn't? Damn, now a person can't even have thoughts anymore if you are an LEO. So what CAN they do if you'd like to share?

I didn't say he was a bad cop, I said he wasn't professional...

If you were there and saw how he was angered and began to pursue her...not too much to speculate other than knowing he would have detained her, then got her for some crap of resisting and so on...

Ask yourself...why would he begin to pursue her, after she had already left the building? To ask for an apology??? :rolleyes:
    Had I not informed him of her constitutional rights, would he have persisted? We don't know, but I do know that what I said made him stop.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I didn't say he was a bad cop, I said he wasn't professional...

If you were there and saw how he was angered and began to pursue her...not too much to speculate other than knowing he would have detained her, then got her for some crap of resisting and so on...

Ask yourself...why would he begin to pursue her, after she had already left the building? To ask for an apology??? :rolleyes:
    Had I not informed him of her constitutional rights, would he have persisted? We don't know, but I do know that what I said made him stop.

No, you THINK what you said made him stop. Your wife sounds like she was on the rag.... I'd have probably shared words with her too. You don't call ANYONE a retard. That's rude, offensive and just not polite. For someone that is always up the police's ass about being rude and offensive, you sure do seem to think it's ok for you to be that way.

I guess he's at fault for your wife calling him a retard.

Duh. He's an LEO. They're ALWAYS at fault 100% of the time and NEVER in the right. Just read any of his posts.

Top Bottom