• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Back to the original post. Although it is your right to "open-carry," I see no reason for it except to "brag" about it. I prefer to carry conceiled. No one knows I have it on me, it is there if and when I need it, no remarks or concern for those who don't see it. It just causes less trouble when conceiled I believe. Just my 2-cents.

I OC for deterrence, comfort and to educate, don't really care if others don't like it, just curious dude do you also not speak to avoid remarks or concern about your words?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Back to the original post. Although it is your right to "open-carry," I see no reason for it except to "brag" about it. I prefer to carry conceiled. No one knows I have it on me, it is there if and when I need it, no remarks or concern for those who don't see it. It just causes less trouble when conceiled I believe. Just my 2-cents.

When it comes down to reaction time...It has been proved time and time again that OC reaction time is faster than CC... On top of that, the fastest method to reach your target is carrying in condition 0.
    What's more important to you? Worrying about what others think of your carry style, or being able to defend yourself?

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    What kind of moron officer would think that a guy open carrying a handgun in such a public place would not have a license or be up to no good? And "you need to cover that up"? I'll tell ya what officer, you give me the Indiana code that gives you the authority to re-write and invent new laws on a whim and I'll cover it up. Until you do that, I will carry however I please.

I have lots of respect for out officers but I detest nothing more that people in positions of authority abusing that authority or proving to us all that they're so empty headed that they have no business having that job.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    What kind of moron officer would think that a guy open carrying a handgun in such a public place would not have a license or be up to no good? And "you need to cover that up"? I'll tell ya what officer, you give me the Indiana code that gives you the authority to re-write and invent new laws on a whim and I'll cover it up. Until you do that, I will carry however I please.

I have lots of respect for out officers but I detest nothing more that people in positions of authority abusing that authority or proving to us all that they're so empty headed that they have no business having that job.

Oh you are SO new here, lol :D

This is not an isolated event, we have had members cuffed, detained, guns unloaded, guns pointed at them, oh, the list goes on!

BTW, welcome to :ingo:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh you are SO new here, lol :D

This is not an isolated event, we have had members cuffed, detained, guns unloaded, guns pointed at them, oh, the list goes on!

BTW, welcome to :ingo:

and members here that have been spit on, also had gun pointed at them, told that their families would be killed, barfed in the back of their cars, broken thumbs from being kicked.... etc.... :D

just sayin' :dunno:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    and members here that have been spit on, also had gun pointed at them, told that their families would be killed, barfed in the back of their cars, broken thumbs from being kicked.... etc.... :D

Oh man I've been having a doosy with a guy who says police shouldn't be taught martial arts or anything of the like because they will abuse the knowledge of how to hurt people. People can be so ignorant and don't realize the road goes both ways, and that not everyone follows the path laid before them.

I am still interested in hearing the more accurate version of this story, it's funny how the telephone game even works online, and not just in elementary school.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

So, are you actually comparing the harassment of Licensed gun owners who have broken no law, to criminals in the back seat of your squad car? :dunno:

Really??

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, are you actually comparing the harassment of Licensed gun owners who have broken no law, to criminals in the back seat of your squad car? :dunno:

Really??

actually, they weren't all criminals. The second time I had a gun pointed at me, that guy didnt even go to jail.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    When it comes down to reaction time...It has been proved time and time again that OC reaction time is faster than CC... On top of that, the fastest method to reach your target is carrying in condition 0.
    What's more important to you? Worrying about what others think of your carry style, or being able to defend yourself?

BULL! That is a training issue or better yet a lack of training..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, so you were comparing law abiding gun owners to SOME criminals, and an idiot? :cool:

Well that "idiot" was a law abiding gun owner too... so whether you want to make broad assumptions about the membership here, that your perrogative. I personally think that some stories are slightly embelished.... For all the people that talk about guns rights here, and what they "will and won't do," I find it baffling that some many have bad their rights trampled on without so much as a peep.....

....actually it's probably with consent. But of course telling a forum full of pro-gun rights guys that you allowed LE to disarm you, with consent, doesnt make a good story.

This is not to take away from any legitimate cases, as I'm sure there are those who have been unjustly treated however, how many cases of these instances are ever followed up on? Most simply throwup their hands and say "well nothing was going to be done anyways." Well nothing certainly will be done if one stands mute to the wrong done them.

Thankfully I don't run this site, or I would require that every complaint posted against LE be followed up on by the OP and their written grievence posted for all to see, explaining the entire scenario.

I personally have been accused of dragging a guy out of car, handcuffing him, asking him if he had drugs in his vehicle,telling him "you better not, because I'm going to search your truck," and then issuing him a ticket for running a red light. Other than me issuing him a ticket, NONE of that took place. He even took it to court until he tripped over his **** when he found out that the entire stop was recorded. In reading some of the posts here, I often wonder if that guy is on a similar website recalling his version of the encounter to the eager masses looking for proof of JBTs running wild in the streets.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

BULL! I've been shooting and training for over 30 years, and can tell you with absolute certainty, I can draw from an unconcealed pancake holster and put rounds on target faster than I can do it from the same holster concealed. The time difference isn't huge, but having to do that one extra thing (i.e. move the covering garment out of the way) makes the draw take that little bit longer.

You just don't like people exercising their rights, and have made that clear time and time again.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    BULL! I've been shooting and training for over 30 years, and can tell you with absolute certainty, I can draw from an unconcealed pancake holster and put rounds on target faster than I can do it from the same holster concealed. The time difference isn't huge, but having to do that one extra thing (i.e. move the covering garment out of the way) makes the draw take that little bit longer.

You just don't like people exercising their rights, and have made that clear time and time again.

That would seem to be common sense (and I CC all the time). But common sense is a bit in short supply around here sometimes.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

THATS A DAMN FACT!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

No, it's an "all else being equal" kind of thing. Comparing two different people with different levels of training (or even the same individual before and after training) isn't a parameter of this discussion.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I have. I would do anything for him and he would help me in return. I've never been proned out or clubbed or had my vehicle searched. Maybe the only common denominator is ...you.

Ummm...

I think that Armed Eastsider was banned. :dunno:

You're arguing with a ghost.

OTOH, just because it's never happened to YOU doesn't mean it's never happened to others for nothing more than daring to carry.

See the thread on the harrassment of the guy in Philadelphia for simply LEGALLY open carrying.

Or for an example closer to home see the thread from last year about the guys who did the downtown Indy OC walk. They weren't "proned out or clubbed" but they (one of them) were cuffed & they were harrassed for doing nothing illegal.

It may not happen excessively (& that depends on your definition of "excessive") but it does happen. To me, once is too much.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    ....actually it's probably with consent.

Was that the same kind of "consent" that you talked about in the other thread a while back? The one where you said you were good at convincing someone to let you search their vehicle when you had no PC?

That's not "consent". That's coercion/intimidation by you or their own ignorance of their rights that got you into their vehicle.

It's the same tyhing with being disarmed. If someone thinks that the "have to" it doesn't, in any way, mean that it is of their own free will.

But of course telling a forum full of pro-gun rights guys that you allowed LE to disarm you, with consent, doesnt make a good story.

No.

Telling a forum full of pro-gun rights guys that most people allow you to disarm them for nothing more illegal than a broken tail light or speeding because they think they have no choice is not a good story.

Arrogantly claiming it was with their "consent" is an even worse one. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom