• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have yet to hear a positive experience, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...must be about as many good experiences as there are good IMPD officers...few and far between.
    300k in Indiana have LTCH's. We have what...15k members. Positive experiences happen all the time, they are just not reported to you I guess. We have LOTS of good officers, I work with them every day. But you are free to believe what you want.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    So I would ask here, since this thread has been seriously derailed, why was it okay when I posted about my dogs that the closed mindedness and over generalization was acceptable and even more so encouraged by a lot of members of this board? I am not airing a grievance don't get me wrong but it seems like depending on who is providing the over broad statement has more to do with whether or not is accepted than does the subject matter.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Funny how its ok for you to generalize about the entire department based on the interaction with 3 or 4 officers, but if I were to generalize about all of INGO's members based on your posts and all-around anti-cop attitude, I'm the *******.

Yep, generalizations are nothing productive and only indicitative of closemindedness or bitterness.

As you saw from my previous post, I am not blaming all of IMPD for the actions of some IMPD officers...the blame goes toward the superiors...all the way up to Ballard for allowing this type of inaction to occur throughout IMPD.
    Please open my close-mindedness by showing me how IMPD cares about complaints such as mine...
    I'd like to hear an IMPD superior tell me how concerned they are about the civil right abuses and what actions they are taking to ensure they do not continue as repeatable offences that result in the citizens getting brushed aside after they file a complaint.

An internal investigation would clearly show how the Citizen's complaint office is a deflector shield between IMPD and the citizens which result in the citizen getting no resolve and keeps the abusing IMPD officers active on the force so this kind of thing can continue over and over again.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Wait, I'm Irish!

sigh

:D

But at least you're not a Irish DECEDENT. ;)

Yes there was a complaint filed. But I will raise the BS flag on the Op's brothers side of the story.:shady:

And that is based on what exactly?

So I would ask here, since this thread has been seriously derailed, why was it okay when I posted about my dogs that the closed mindedness and over generalization was acceptable and even more so encouraged by a lot of members of this board? I am not airing a grievance don't get me wrong but it seems like depending on who is providing the over broad statement has more to do with whether or not is accepted than does the subject matter.

You've been around for this long & you JUST NOW realized that? Not very observant are we? :D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    300k in Indiana have LTCH's. We have what...15k members. Positive experiences happen all the time, they are just not reported to you I guess. We have LOTS of good officers, I work with them every day. But you are free to believe what you want.

I OCed downtown today and had a few officers give me a long look but no interaction.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The op may not have been there but the wife was there and witnessed it I am sure. These cops should be arrested and fired. No room in a position of power for people who feel they need to manhandle law abiding citizens. Hopefully these cops grab the wrong guy one time and he teaches them a lesson in manners.

A lawyer would be a good candidate on multiple levels.

Just because there was a complaint filed doesn't mean the OP is automatically right and that his story should be believed. Don't you find it funny that the OP hasn't posted any more about the incident and that his brother has yet to join INGO and tell us what went down? Probably not, because in the world of INGO cops are always wrong.
    Not really, considering the reception he received.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Back to the original post. Although it is your right to "open-carry," I see no reason for it except to "brag" about it. I prefer to carry conceiled. No one knows I have it on me, it is there if and when I need it, no remarks or concern for those who don't see it. It just causes less trouble when conceiled I believe. Just my 2-cents.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Back to the original post. Although it is your right to "open-carry," I see no reason for it except to "brag" about it. I prefer to carry conceiled. No one knows I have it on me, it is there if and when I need it, no remarks or concern for those who don't see it. It just causes less trouble when conceiled I believe. Just my 2-cents.

Really, because I always thought CCers were bunch of scared little girls afraid to let the world know they were man enough to exercise their right and not be ashamed of it. Thanks for setting me straight.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

People who OC don't care if you see no reason for it. It's their right to do so.

Seriously... why do so many people have to jump on others for this? Just carry how you like and MYOB.

By the way... it's spelled "concealed."

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I have yet to hear a positive experience, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...must be about as many good experiences as there are good IMPD officers...few and far between..

Positive experience , here ya go . The 1 and only time I was arrested the IPD officer took the cuffs off and actually let me ride up front to jail .

That's about as positive as that experience can be . :D

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Positive experience , here ya go . The 1 and only time I was arrested the IPD officer took the cuffs off and actually let me ride up front to jail .

That's about as positive as that experience can be . :D

Well dagnabit! We're gonna need his name and badge number because that is SO against policy!

Top Bottom