• ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Damn. :(

I think we need to have another beer summit...INGO cops and INGO non-cops.

I'll buy the keg.

I bet we figure out we're more alike than we might think, and we'll fix the world.

Together.

No lawyers allowed, though...
    Or Beech Grove cops...
    Or dogs...
    Or the Irish...

This sounds like a great idea.

Gotta think about the detrimental affect on INGO though. Without all the "us v. them" threads, there'd only be half the message traffic.

:dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i think if my brother came on the internet and started spreading poo about my own incident, I would have to get midevil on his ass. maybe thats what happened to the OP since he has went missing? LOL

I think someone just wanted to feel what it was like to start a thread.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    There is no "assault" statute in Indiana, and threatening someone with bodily harm is intimidation. One cannot be "verbally assaulted."

Frank, that is interesting. But, why have some police officers claimed to be "verbally assaulted" when someone has talked back to them in a tone which the officer did not like?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    You may feel better by filing a complaint, but that's not going to get ANY action from IMPD. The Citizen's Complaint Office is a acting firewall between citizens and protected government workers.
    They will do what ever they have to to NOT escalate your complaint. I know, as I have experienced this first hand. You might as well take a deep breath and understand that IMPD is not here to protect and serve the citizens of this community...it is quite obvious from all of the instances in the news over the past couple of years that they are here to protect and serve their own interests... all the while abusing their power, trampling on our rights daily.
    This is a problem not with individual LEO's...but as a overall entity of IMPD. They do not hold their officers accountable as they should...the Bisard case is a good example.

Unless you can pony up thousands of dollars and can endure months and months of litigation...drop it and just be aware of what you are dealing with when you have interactions with IMPD officers.
    I filed my complaint over a year ago on civil rights violations and made repeated calls to those in charge and NEVER had a single follow-up from them...that is how concerned they are with abuses their officers provide to the community.

There are some really awesome LEO on the force, but sadly, they are over shadowed by others in the department, as well as the actions (or lack there of) of the IMPD superiors themselves.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You may feel better by filing a complaint, but that's not going to get ANY action from IMPD. The Citizen's Complaint Office is a acting firewall between citizens and protected government workers.
    They will do what ever they have to to NOT escalate your complaint. I know, as I have experienced this first hand. You might as well take a deep breath and understand that IMPD is not here to protect and serve the citizens of this community...it is quite obvious from all of the instances in the news over the past couple of years that they are here to protect and serve their own interests... all the while abusing their power, trampling on our rights daily.
    This is a problem not with individual LEO's...but as a overall entity of IMPD. They do not hold their officers accountable as they should...the Bisard case is a good example.

Unless you can pony up thousands of dollars and can endure months and months of litigation...drop it and just be aware of what you are dealing with when you have interactions with IMPD officers.
    I filed my complaint over a year ago on civil rights violations and made repeated calls to those in charge and NEVER had a single follow-up from them...that is how concerned they are with abuses their officers provide to the community.

There are some really awesome LEO on the force, but sadly, they are over shadowed by others in the department, as well as the actions (or lack there of) of the IMPD superiors themselves.

Just because you didn't get the outcome you wanted from filing your complaint doesn't mean all of them are swept under the rug as you are implying.

Speaking of integrity and being held accountable, don't you owe some people shirts that you promised but were never delivered?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Just because you didn't get the outcome you wanted from filing your complaint doesn't mean all of them are swept under the rug as you are implying.
    I have yet to hear a positive experience, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...must be about as many good experiences as there are good IMPD officers...few and far between.

Speaking of integrity and being held accountable, don't you owe some people shirts that you promised but were never delivered?

Yes, you are in fact correct about that...that is currently in the works and soon will be announced. Thanks for your interest and concern.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Frank, that is interesting. But, why have some police officers claimed to be "verbally assaulted" when someone has talked back to them in a tone which the officer did not like?
    I have never heard an officer say that. I have heard "verbally abusive" but that refers to a demeanor...not a legal standing.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have yet to hear a positive experience, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...must be about as many good experiences as there are good IMPD officers...few and far between.

Funny how its ok for you to generalize about the entire department based on the interaction with 3 or 4 officers, but if I were to generalize about all of INGO's members based on your posts and all-around anti-cop attitude, I'm the *******.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have never heard an officer say that. I have heard "verbally abusive" but that refers to a demeanor...not a legal standing.

Funny how its ok for you to generalize about the entire department based on the interaction with 3 or 4 officers, but if I were to generalize about all of INGO's members based on your posts and all-around anti-cop attitude, I'm the *******.

Yup!!
    Repped both! :D

Top Bottom