9mm vs. .45 15 experts give their opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    nope.........I like the real deal.....nothing but real unborn fetal chickens for this guy.....:)

LOL

I have scrambled eggs every morning. And I use Egg Beaters. It's delicious with salt, pepper and pepper jack cheese. Occasionally, I'll toss in 1 whole omega 3 egg.

Since I eat eggs so much, egg beaters is just cheaper, but you also don't have all that cholesterol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL

I have scrambled eggs every morning. And I use Egg Beaters. It's delicious with salt, pepper and pepper jack cheese. Occasionally, I'll toss in 1 whole omega 3 egg.

Since I eat eggs so much, egg beaters is just cheaper, but you also don't have all that cholesterol.

I have heard they are OK when you dress them up. We smash through some eggs.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Egg beaters are egg whites with thickeners, food coloring to make it look like eggs with yolk, and flavoring to make it taste like eggs with yolk. It sort of does, its definitely not bad, but why the hell would you pay so much for a halfass egg product, you can only make scrambled eggs and omolettes with? Trust me, in ten years, everything the doctor said that made you think real eggs are bad will change, and they will tell you to eat real eggs. Besides, how am I supposed to make my fired egg sandwiches, overeasy with lettuce and mayo? Or make a big plate of fried potatoes with peppers and onions, then fry up 3 eggs overeasy, put them on top and break them open? Thats breakfast slop, and its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Egg beaters are egg whites with thickeners, food coloring to make it look like eggs with yolk, and flavoring to make it taste like eggs with yolk. It sort of does, its definitely not bad, but why the hell would you pay so much for a halfass egg product, you can only make scrambled eggs and omolettes with? How am I supposed to make my fired egg sandwiches, overeasy with lettuce and mayo? Or make a big plate of fried potatoes with peppers and onions, then fry up 3 eggs overeasy, put them on top and break them open? Thats breakfast slop, and its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it.....stop it......I am looking at the fridge with Breakfast food eyes...........Bacon, fried eggs in the grease, fried taters, sliced maters, biscuits, ice cold milk........:faint:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im getting ready to make me some breakfast for dinner, even though Its kinda like 10am for me.... But Ive been up most of the day, so its kinda like not. Third shift 12s are just frikin weird....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like gravy on my eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns. Just stick it all in a bowl and serve it up with a side of extra salt and cholesterol. Only the noncommitted go half way.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Meh. I like to pee without lifting my belly out of the way. I'll keep eating healthy until I'm old, then I'll eat the good stuff.

Remember what I said about commitment? If it wasn't for lifting my gut out of the way I wouldn't get any exercise.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Eating TOO much is why so many Americans are fat. Noone can go more than 2 hours without eating something. If you are making your food yourself, and not getting it from a teenagers hand, out of a little vertical window while in your car, as long as your STOP eating as much as we do in this country, you will be fine. I grew up in a family that eats too much, always trying to make me eat too much too. Everyone thinks, like they do on every problem in this country, they just need to throw money at the problem to make it go away, pills, diet routines, special food. The problem lies in ourselves. K getting ready to make a fantastic meal of smoked chicken, smoked potato, and steamed broccoli.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Eating TOO much is why so many Americans are fat. Noone can go more than 2 hours without eating something. If you are making your food yourself, and not getting it from a teenagers hand, out of a little vertical window while in your car, as long as your STOP eating as much as we do in this country, you will be fine. I grew up in a family that eats too much, always trying to make me eat too much too. Everyone thinks, like they do on every problem in this country, they just need to throw money at the problem to make it go away, pills, diet routines, special food. The problem lies in ourselves. K getting ready to make a fantastic meal of smoked chicken, smoked potato, and steamed broccoli.

I went from 225lbs to 170lbs. It may be closer to 165 now...
    I'll never get like that again. I eat 5 times a day, and workout every night.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

great you made me step on the scales. 210 with my clothes and gun on. I knew my pants were feeling snug. I did diet and lost 8 pounds his winter. Looks like I gained it back. I don't smoke or drink but man do I love food! Food and guns are only joy left for a 40 year old fat guy.

edit: other then my good cholesterol being a smidgen low and being a bit heavy, the doctor says I am in perfect health. Guess that means something.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon

Dont get me wrong, working out is a great idea. But I went from 275 back to 245 in the space of about 6 months just by not buying snacks, buying all food that must be prepared, and eating structured meals everyday. Meaning, something like an egg sandwich or a couple scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast, I drove a local delivery truck, so I had a turkey, ham or bologna sandwich for lunch, and always had a baggie of some kind of vegetable as well. Then some kind of meat, almost always grilled/smoked on my baby weber, with a potato and veggies for dinner. Alot of times, I would eat pasta the way I like it, with seasoned olive oil that I make, and herbs, and a PILE of veggies. Im lucky that vegetables are one of my favorite foods.

No excersize other than a pretty physical job.

I, like most Americans ate for the wrong reasons, because friends wanted to go to fast food, or because I was bored.

Just for reference, I was 220 when I was 16 and was in good shape, 275 when I was 25, and now Im 245 at 33. I could probably get even closer to 220 if I would stop drinking beer like I do, but I LOVE IT, and refuse to. Beer is the greatest thing in the world, I have tried probably 200 different brands and styles, and love it all. If I was motivated to exercise, I would like that, because I know I should, but Im way too drained by the time I get home from work. I am walking, climbing, lifting, and pulling heavy items, non stop for 12 hours a day, I sweat my ass off and get quite a workout at work.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom