9mm vs. .45 15 experts give their opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I had a Troy Built that lasted 19 years. The motor gave out last year. Only one motor will fit it and they wanted $600 for it. So I bought a new one from Cub Cadet.

It is not junk but it is no where as good as the old one I had. That thing would till clay. The new one got choked out by a root that was about 5/8 round. I thought I had really gotten into something and it was just a root. So much for new being better. The old one would have cut the root up with out loosing a step.

Last edited:

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    I had a Troy Built that lasted 19 years. The motor gave out last year. Only one motor will fit it and they wanted $600 for it. So I bought a new one from Cub Cadet.

It is not junk but it is no where as good as the old one I had. That thing would till clay. The new one got choked out by a root that was about 5/8 round. I thought I had really gotten into something and it was just a root. So much for new being better. The old one would have cut the root up with out loosing a step.

Sounds to me like the new tiller is a 9mm, and the old one was a 45! :rockwoot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Was working with a local group this weekend and one lady was shooting a Very nice Sig P220. Not just shooting but flat knocking the center out of the target. Then she started taking head shots. The topic turned to 9mm and she told me she started with a P226 but got frustrated with not being able to knock down steel pepper poppers. Ditched the 226 and went 45 acp. So there you go, debate over.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Was working with a local group this weekend and one lady was shooting a Very nice Sig P220. Not just shooting but flat knocking the center out of the target. Then she started taking head shots. The topic turned to 9mm and she told me she started with a P226 but got frustrated with not being able to knock down steel pepper poppers. Ditched the 226 and went 45 acp. So there you go, debate over.

I really like my P220. I'm still warming up to my P226.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Never cared for our issued 226's. Of course back then I was still on the bigger is better kick. Actually back then I was still into studying one shot stops and kinetic energy.

It's the hump in the grip under the slide release. The 220 is humpless. Feels weird under my thumb to have the hump. VZ grips at some point will correct the issue.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like the Hogue G10 grips a lot better on my P226.

I really ought to post that story in the "what gun for my wife" thread. Lady with the P220 is about 5'2" and might weight a buck ten soaking wet with the loaded gun. She runs that sucker like a boss.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's the hump in the grip under the slide release. The 220 is humpless. Feels weird under my thumb to have the hump. VZ grips at some point will correct the issue.

I like the Hogue G10 grips a lot better on my P226.

I really ought to post that story in the "what gun for my wife" thread. Lady with the P220 is about 5'2" and might weight a buck ten soaking wet with the loaded gun. She runs that sucker like a boss.

Doh! That's what I meant, the G10 piranha is what I'm eyeing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The answer is obviously a .380 J-frame. One can only hope.

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...

Yes, you should! I started my wife with an s&w 38+p for simplicity of operations. When we moved to semi's, I had a P227 and an SP2022 in 9 for her to try. She liked shooting the 45 better than the 9, but not the big grip. Bought her a P220 and she's happy as a clam!

Top Bottom