9mm vs. .45 15 experts give their opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You carry a gun and put strawberries on your waffles. What are you trying to do call every 5 year old girl in a three block radius? Dangerous living my man!

Not a syrup fan. Been doing this to my waffles long as I can remember.

Good point on the 5 year olds though.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Does anyone else add hot sauce to their gravy when they make it? My typical Sunday breakfast will be a biscuit split open with bacon on it topped with homemade sausage gravy with hash browns on the side that were cooked in the bacon grease. It may kill me, but at least I will die happy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That lunch meat cut into strips is not bacon???

It's not an age thing...My 11 year old nephew also knows this so the fact that BBI's first Police Commissioner was Theodore Roosevelt should really have no bearing on this.....:):

If that's true then you got celebrate the 10th anniversary of the discovery of fire.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Seriously? If you really think a .45 is going to get it done in one whereas a 9 will take 2-4, I have a bridge to sell you. If you prefer a .45 that is your prerogative but come on.

Come on? ok.... I ON IT! A strategicly placed 22lr will stop a threat dead - you dont see our LEOs or Armed forces using Marlin model 60 tho - bigger bullet = bigger hole = bigger puddle of gooo = better stopping power - yes 9mm will work but if your name isnt Jerry M or Annie O youre going need more than one - its easier to stop a threat dead in its tracks with a 45 - again jmho

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aw Geez man, thats really special.............:)

A Shawnee boy sits by his father one morning and says, "Father, may I ask you a question?"

"Of course son...What is it?"

"How did my sister Running Deer get her name?"

"On the day she was born I stepped out of the lodge and there by the corn were two deer running.."

"And my brother, Soaring Eagle?"

"Ah yes" says the father, "I remember that well...The day he was born I stepped from the lodge and saw an eagle soaring across the sky.."

The boy says, "Oh" then gets kind of quiet and stares at the ground ....

The father, sensing something was really troubling his son decided to find out what was worrying his boy so much...

"What's with all these questions Two Dogs Humping?"

:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A Shawnee boy sits by his father one morning and says, "Father, may I ask you a question?"

"Of course son...What is it?"

"How did my sister Running Deer get her name?"

"On the day she was born I stepped out of the lodge and there by the corn were two deer running.."

"And my brother, Soaring Eagle?"

"Ah yes" says the father, "I remember that well...The day he was born I stepped from the lodge and saw an eagle soaring across the sky.."

The boy says, "Oh" then gets kind of quiet and stares at the ground ....

The father, sensing something was really troubling his son decided to find out what was worrying his boy so much...

"What's with all these questions Two Dogs Humping?"

:)

Oldy but a goody.....:)

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    You guys are bad! Verrrrrrry bad. Talking about stuff to eat and old people. I resemble some of those remarks. As for the 9mm and 45 thing we all know that it is what you can shoot and what you think you will need to get out of a jamb. In the woods I carry a 4" barreled 44mag. For self defense I carry a Glock 36. As of late I carry an extra mag for it. Don't know why, just do.

I live out in the country and don't see the need for a lot of rounds. Some day it may cost me my life but I don't think so. More than likely I will die from a heart attack from the food I eat and the lack of movement I have taken up due to being retired.

It has taken 5 days to get a garden out that has taken 2 in the past. I miss my old tiller. It did a much better job than the thing I bought last year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You guys are bad! Verrrrrrry bad. Talking about stuff to eat and old people. I resemble some of those remarks. As for the 9mm and 45 thing we all know that it is what you can shoot and what you think you will need to get out of a jamb. In the woods I carry a 4" barreled 44mag. For self defense I carry a Glock 36. As of late I carry an extra mag for it. Don't know why, just do.

I live out in the country and don't see the need for a lot of rounds. Some day it may cost me my life but I don't think so. More than likely I will die from a heart attack from the food I eat and the lack of movement I have taken up due to being retired.

It has taken 5 days to get a garden out that has taken 2 in the past. I miss my old tiller. It did a much better job than the thing I bought last year.

My tiller was bought new in 1968 by my dad. Dynamark brand from Central Hardware. 5 HP Briggs that gave up 2 seasons ago. I mounted a Chinese knock off Honda 5 HP engine from Harbor freight and made new hub adapters so all the drives line up. It will still bury itself if I want it to.

Top Bottom