Not open for further replies.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    IN Legis update

Sorry I only got this one to FB (posts at 4:50 PM): https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/779877905437440

Have you written to or called your state representative to ask them to support and vote for SB 433???
    If you have, Great! !!!

if not, why not? ... this can be as easy as this:

Dear Representative:

I wanted to take a moment to voice my support for SB 433 “Shotguns”, which was passed through the House Public Policy Committee for consideration on Wednesday, March 18. I note that this legislation has a large number of supporters (authors and co-authors) among the Senate; as well as the support of Mr. Lucas in the House.

Short Barreled Shotguns are legal in many other states, and covered under the NFA of 1934. There is not a good precedent for the current ban in Indiana; and restoring freedom to citizens, who obey the law, is always a good thing. This is what SB 433 does.

I urge your full support for this measure, without amendment as it is presented for its second and third reading in the State House. This is a small but positive step to restoring and protecting the rights of Law Abiding Hoosiers and Americans. Thank you for your support of this measure.

Sincerely,

Your Name
    Your Town, IN

A Concerned Citizen and
    Supporter of Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I emailed by State Representative, Mike Braun. I will see if he responds and will report back on whatever his response is. How he votes on this bill will be a major factor (if not the sole deciding factor) in who I vote for during the next primary.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    SB 433 ("Shotguns") PASSED its 2nd reading in IGA State House yesterday (3/23) late in the day - without amendment - 1 more vote and off to the Govnah!

SB 98 - the emergency bill to protect businesses from frivolous law suits - is stuck in the House Judiciary Committee - in need of a hearing -

Sample letter a few weeks back is on IMAGC (facebook, I'll try to get it to the web page soon) - addressed to REP STEUERWALD - to urge this gets a hearing.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    SB 98 - PASSED FROM HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE TODAY - 7 TO 4 4/7/15

VOTE IN THE HOUSE PENDING - WRITE YOUR LEGISLATORS - DO YOU HEAR ME ??? LOL (SORRY ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    SB 46 is another one to watch. This one could get tricky if amended. Personal defense (castle doctrine)

That one's dead, kolob. It would have to have already been into a Senate committee, passed to the full Senate for a vote, and be over in the House for committee hearing now. My information tells me that that bill was never going to be heard from the day it was introduced.

It's nice having a legislative supermajority in both Houses and the governor of the same party, sometimes. It's just too bad that Republicans are no better than Democrats, I guess. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Also appears to have been passed without amendment, so... no conference committee? I haven't followed it, but it may be ready for Pence's signature.

He's been a bit busy lately, though.

Nothing to indicate signed by Ellspermann, Long, or Bosma, yet. Honestly, I'm not worried about any of those signatures being entered, unless Pence's is a veto, which I don't expect.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Nothing to indicate signed by Ellspermann, Long, or Bosma, yet. Honestly, I'm not worried about any of those signatures being entered, unless Pence's is a veto, which I don't expect.

BoR - I'm drawing a blank if there is a time limit for the speaker, president pro tempore, or Lt.Gov (Pres.of Senate) to sign these measures. I suspect that these will all be signed soon enough myself.

ADD to the list - SJR 2 - right to hunt, fish, harvest wildlife - (i.e. to amend this to the constitution) - Also passed the House Judiciary. Needs a vote in the house - un-amended and then "we da peeps" get to vote ... this fall I think ...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BoR - I'm drawing a blank if there is a time limit for the speaker, president pro tempore, or Lt.Gov (Pres.of Senate) to sign these measures. I suspect that these will all be signed soon enough myself.

I believe legislation needs to be signed by Speaker/Senate Pres. before the end of session, but then the governor can take as long as he wants. I don't think he has a pocket veto anymore.

SB 433 - Short Barrel Shotguns was signed by the speaker yesterday, according to the website.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I honestly don't know. I'm not familiar with that ever happening, and haven't ever needed to research it. I think if it has passed both houses it is an Enrolled Act and ready for Governor's signature. The Speaker/Senate Pres signature is a formality.

And now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that if the Governor doesn't sign it, if it has an effective date, it becomes effective on that date, even without signature. Not as sure of that, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom