• Status
    Not open for further replies.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Constitutional Carry and Campus Carry will be offered again next year.
    Start rallying the troops earlier next time around instead of waiting until the last minute.
    Now that everyone has witnessed the process; who decides what and how things flow, etc. there should be a better strategy next time around.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Constitutional Carry and Campus Carry will be offered again next year.
    Start rallying the troops earlier next time around instead of waiting until the last minute.
    Now that everyone has witnessed the process; who decides what and how things flow, etc. there should be a better strategy next time around.

Out of Rep - but I can say I/we intend to try - and I intend to take you on your word w/ that. ... :think:
    it's funny though we talk about the 3% - but those that actually are writing - are more like the 0.03 % or 0.003% ...
    keeping people interested and active in a cause like this is hard
    - now getting them to gripe uselessly at the TV or facebook - that is much easier. ... sheep. baa baa.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Incidently - and for everyone else - SB433 and SB 98 - should be assign to committees in the House - Monday 3/2 or Tuesday 3/3 -
    when they are we need EVERYONE writing and pushing to get these heard. They could potentially still sit and die in the House Committee they are assigned to.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Out of Rep - but I can say I/we intend to try - and I intend to take you on your word w/ that. ... :think:
    it's funny though we talk about the 3% - but those that actually are writing - are more like the 0.03 % or 0.003% ...
    keeping people interested and active in a cause like this is hard
    - now getting them to gripe uselessly at the TV or facebook - that is much easier. ... sheep. baa baa.

Maybe next, maybe if we combine these bills with a Sunday beer sales bill, we could generate enough interest to get something done. :xmad:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guy Relford discussed a some of these issues with the state representatives themselves on WIBC this past weekend. IMHO, getting Mr Relford on the radio every weekend would be of great benefit to us getting the word out on future Indiana 2A legislation. I think we should encourage WIBC to make him a regular. :ingo:

Check out his thread with a link to an .MP3 podcast of this Saturday's show. A very good listen. Our own Kirk Freeman call's into the show also.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-lawyer-show-wibc-saturday-2.html#post5691635

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmabio9m0t1lg2k/Guy Relford Show 2-28-15.mp3?dl=0

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Cant easily add links right now ... sample letter on SB98 via IMAGC.ORG ... with addresses ... is up

Also SB 433 "shotguns" assigned to house public policy committee ... with our "friend" mr. DeDermody in charge. (Purple may be implied at your liesure) ... more on that later.

Oh there are 6 bills in this committee now, but I guess that the total will be about 12 to 14. ... start writing.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just sent this message to Mr. Dermody...

Dear Representative Dermody,

As a lifelong Indiana resident, and the head of very 2nd Amendment respecting family, I would ask that you allow the SB 433 Shotgun bill to come to a full vote, where it would surely pass with the same margin as in the Senate. This bill does nothing more than to assure that Indiana is not being MORE infringing than the already too restrictive federal laws concerning shotgun barrel lengths. There is certainly no reason for Indiana to be more Draconian than the federal government when it comes to anything regarding the "Right to Bear Arms" that we are all supposed to be endowed with by our creator.

Please show your support for SB 433 and help protect our 2nd Amendment rights as well as Section 32 of Indiana's Constitution.

"Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."

Respectfully,

G. Glass & Family

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good for you. Unfortunately, it is my understanding it is too late for this session. All the House gun bills never made it out of committee. Maybe next year.

On a related note, as I've mentioned previously, I still follow Tennessee's politics--especially the gun related stuff (as I used to live there and still have family there). I heard last night that ALL of their gun related bills got squashed in committee this week.

Us like them have republican super majorities with republican governors...I think it's time to elect some more democrats back to the state legislature. I seems as though the only time the republicans have any gumption to pass good gun bills is when they fear for their majority.

I just sent this message to Mr. Dermody...

Dear Representative Dermody,

As a lifelong Indiana resident, and the head of very 2nd Amendment respecting family, I would ask that you allow the SB 433 Shotgun bill to come to a full vote, where it would surely pass with the same margin as in the Senate. This bill does nothing more than to assure that Indiana is not being MORE infringing than the already too restrictive federal laws concerning shotgun barrel lengths. There is certainly no reason for Indiana to be more Draconian than the federal government when it comes to anything regarding the "Right to Bear Arms" that we are all supposed to be endowed with by our creator.

Please show your support for SB 433 and help protect our 2nd Amendment rights as well as Section 32 of Indiana's Constitution.

"Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."

Respectfully,

G. Glass & Family

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Good for you. Unfortunately, it is my understanding it is too late for this session. All the House gun bills never made it out of committee. Maybe next year.

On a related note, as I've mentioned previously, I still follow Tennessee's politics--especially the gun related stuff (as I used to live there and still have family there). I heard last night that ALL of their gun related bills got squashed in committee this week.

Us like them have republican super majorities with republican governors...I think it's time to elect some more democrats back to the state legislature. I seems as though the only time the republicans have any gumption to pass good gun bills is when they fear for their majority.

GGlass is good here GFGT.
    2 Senate Bills have A couple weekz left to get heard and passed by their designated committees in the state house ... and then the full state house.

SB 98 house Judiciary Committtee
    SB 433 house public policy committee

Both need a push It seemz ... and SB 98 is an emergency bill.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    GGlass is good here GFGT.
    2 Senate Bills have A couple weekz left to get heard and passed by their designated committees in the state house ... and then the full state house.

SB 98 house Judiciary Committtee
    SB 433 house public policy committee

Both need a push It seemz ... and SB 98 is an emergency bill.

Yeah, you're right. I guess my ADD/dyslexia got to me. :D

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Here is the response that is full of empty pablum...

Dear Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on legislation concerning the right to carry firearms. Constituent communication is important and helps me represent our community more effectively.

In 1789, the framers of this great nation laid a foundation of individual freedom and limited government for future generations to build upon. Protection from unnecessary governmental intrusion is as important in the present as it was when the Bill of Rights was ratified. When I took my oath as State Representative, I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Indiana. This oath is my promise to remain constant in the pursuit of affording Hoosiers the opportunity to exercise their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms and liberties. Please be assured that each Hoosier's Second Amendment right to bear arms is intact and I would never support any measure that impedes this right.

Again, thank you for reaching out to me with your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with further questions or concerns by phone at (317) 232-9657 or email at h88@iga.in.gov.

Sincerely,

Brian C. Bosma
    Speaker of the House
    119th General Assembly

BCB:mp/tf

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's not a question of him supporting measures that would impede that right. It's a matter of him disallowing the procedure of measures that would advance our ability to exercise our rights.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I know a few of us got that same e-mail gglass ... and Bosma is on my list

List? sounds ominous - but it isn't

it is my list of legislators I'm sending an e-mail or two to inviting them to a Project Appleseed ... I'd love to see 150 state legislators show up ... in 1 year. ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    SB 433 has broken the Dermody Log Jam - It is scheduled for a hearing WED. 3/18 - at 9 am in the house public policy committee.

write the committee members NOW. I will try to have more info, sample letter and contact info tomorrow. (YMMV)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    From Bill Dowden, Legislative Director, Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association:

"Senator Tomes' SB 433 (bringing Indiana's regulations on short-barreled shotguns
    into conformity with Federal rules) will be heard
    in the House Public Policy Committee (Tom Dermody is chairman) Wednesday, March 18,
    in room l56B starting at 9:00 AM.

The bill passed the Senate February 3 on a vote of 44 (40 R, 4 D) to 6 (6 D); so,
    with at least 70 members of the House endorsed
    by the NRA it should pass with limited opposition -- the Public Policy committee has
    9 Republican members (all NRA endorsed) &
    4 Democrats; therefore, the bill should come through unamended with at least 9 R votes.

If you attend to support Hoosier gunowners' position, you don't have to speak, but
    you should sign in as 'support.'"

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    NOTE:

POST WILL BE ON FB - at 1:15 and 6:45 - I will TRY to edit this to add links there.
    I you are on FB - PLEASE - like and share there so we keep getting the word out.

Legislation Update – SB 433 in Committee Hearing – March 17-18 #NFA #NRA #GOA #2A

Tomorrow – March 18 – 900 AM – Room 156-B – Senate Bill SB 433 ”Shotguns” will be heard in the House Public Policy Committee. This is a bill we have written up and offered our support for earlier this session; when it was up for consideration in the Senate. (I will add a link to this article at the end). Please call or e-mail – Contacts are near the end of the post.

Please Send, Share, Like and Comment
    Thanks

BB3

SB 433 - House Update 3-17 - Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom