• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Thats a good one, how in the heck did you get that dude in the back of your car?

Lifted his rearend in there first, had Dad hold that down, then threw his torso in, could not close trunk obviously.

Need to get a truck haha

Heres another pic farther back for more laughs

img1689r.jpg

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Been awhile since I checked in... Saw 12 tonight 2 good shooters a four point and 9 does....only 200 yards away. Damn, I hate being so far off the creek bottom. Amish guys are pricks. Maybe tomorrow. :)

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I saw 14 tonight. 3 of them were small bucks. Windy once again. Starting to be the norm.
    Had a doe locked in my sights tonight and I let her walk. She would have been #4, but I still have lots of time.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Last night I saw 3 bucks chasing does hard. Even if it (the rut) does end, it will come back in, in a month. Those bucks will service whats left of the brown goat pie. The place to be when the rut is over is the outside edge of woods where there is a corn field. Those bucks will want to feed up after chasing does and will need to put some more fat on for the rest of the winter.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Here is a little buck I took on opening day.
    The area I'm hunting is overpopulated with these little deer, so this year we will be taking some of the small older ones to try to get more growth.(only 2nd year of deer management)
    It is still some good eating even if it doesn't have a big rack.

2vl1owh.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    From what I've read over the yrs. seems the rut hits it peak around here on Nov.15...Got the big one opening day...went out for the 2nd time this morning an at 8 a.m. the Mossberg with a 1 oz. foster slug dropped a big doe in her tracks at 105 yds.....been a great yr.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I was going to get out early this morning but decided to get intoxicated last night instead.....I went out around 11:00 AM and saw three does, too far for an unscoped Mossy 500. Jumped one as I was headed to the blind, but didnt get a good look. I've yet to get one, ever. But I'm still truckin.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good weekend thus far. 2 big does for the freezer and my buddy's first deer, a big 9pointer with a 20" spread. lucky SOB. Pics to follow soon...

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Had a huge deer 50 yards away through a fairly dense woods (not in the intended kill box of my stand) this morning. My best guess is that the 44 round hit a branch on its way cause I never even found blood, but there is no way I missed an entire deer from that range unless the bullet got deflected. Looked for about 90 minutes and called it off. So depressed. that is the only deer I have even seen since I got my buck in October. /sigh.

Top Bottom