• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    First deer ever! Little button buck. Used Mastins scents too. This guy came in down wind

IMAG0094.jpg

Last edited:

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    finally got a buck and a doe the other day. the buck was bedded down and acting funny, found a buckhammer deer slug in him where he was hit before, lost alot of the meat. i dont know how he was still going. got them with a ruger 44 carbine and some xtp handloads
    Video200013-02.jpg

here is the buckhammer i found then the xtp out of the doe which performed perfectly.
    Video300007-28.jpg

Video300042-34.jpg

Last edited:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    finally got a buck and a doe the other day. the buck was bedded down and acting funny, found a buckhammer deer slug in him where he was hit before, lost alot of the meat. i dont know how he was still going. got them with a ruger 44 carbine and some xtp handloads
    Video200013-02.jpg

here is the buckhammer i found then the xtp out of the doe which preformed perfectly.
    Video300007-28.jpg

Video300042-34.jpg
    nice pics! Thanks, thats the ammo i was thinking of using next year

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I'm skipping this weekend, and going back out Thanksgiving weekend, hope the rut is in full swing by then

The rut occurs basically on the same dates each and every year. Many magazine writers will lead you to believe that various external elements affect rut timing, but it's really all just a farce. Does are bred during the same period each fall, and have their fawns during the same period each spring. Granted, a few stragglers manage to be bred way late, but how many spotted fawns are seen during early archery season? Trust me, we're on the backside of the rut already.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Bagged bonus #3 tonight- one more to go!

The rut occurs basically on the same dates each and every year. Many magazine writers will lead you to believe that various external elements affect rut timing, but it's really all just a farce. Does are bred during the same period each fall, and have their fawns during the same period each spring. Granted, a few stragglers manage to be bred way late, but how many spotted fawns are seen during early archery season? Trust me, we're on the backside of the rut already.

This is exactly right. :yesway:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    JC Higgens 12ga. Barked again..

Ok....This Deer came in with nose to ground and down wind at 9am on 11-18 at about 75yrds where it was shot.... 9points 18 inch spread... field dressed at 190. Been a great 2 weeks of Deer Hunting in Southern Indiana :)
    cc1d693a.jpg

92c1f4f5.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    didn't make it to the Crane gun hunt today, had to go shoot a USPSA match.

I'll be in the woods as often as I can this week, including Thurs-Sun.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    nice pics! Thanks, thats the ammo i was thinking of using next year

Where was the buck Hammer located inside the buck?

I used Buck Hammers for the first time this season and haven't had any problems
    1 shot 1 kill with great exspansion and entry /exit channels

Mine looks a lot differant that the slug you found in the buck as far as exspansion

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Finally

Been having a terrible season to date, but this morning a doe came trotting by with three bucks dogging her. I shot the biggest one and the group scattered. He made it about ten steps and fell over. When he hit the ground, his girlfriend stopped to see what happened. Poor choice on her part; I filled my gun tag and a bonus anterless in the course of about 5 seconds.

picture.php

Last edited:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Been having a terrible season to date, but this morning a doe came trotting by with three bucks dogging her. I shot the biggest one and the group scattered. He made it about ten steps and fell over. When he hit the ground, his girlfriend stopped to see what happened. Poor choice on her part; I filled my gun tag and a bonus anterless in the course of about 5 seconds.

Pictures say a 1000 words.:popcorn:

Top Bottom