• ...and so much more!
  • ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I had a decent 8 point come running through at about 10am. He didn't appear to be chasing anything, just running. My 11-87 with copper solids dropped him at about 40 yards.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Well I did it again tonight. Used my Hoyt Razortec and my Mayem Carbon Express arrows tipped with fixed broadheads and Im tellin you what, It put the smack attack on this doe. Shot her at 5:10 this evening. She was being chased by 2 little bucks and this 3rd buck was chasing them. Well finally after probably 10-15 minutes they ran her right into my shooting lane. I had to yell at her three times before she stopped. She was quartering away, and I blew right thru the vitals. She ran a little ways thru the woods up a hill and piled up in the middle of a fairly wide and fairly deep creek. Thank God for 4 wheelers and winches! It was 20' down in a ravine into the creek. It was probably the most difficult deer I have ever had to retrieve. The good Lord blessed me again! Sweet!
    My 3rd of the year. 2 does, 1 buck.

2nddoe2011.jpg

I'm a tired ol boy tonight.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I always say, "if you put the time in, you will kill deer". First you have to be in the woods, spend a lot of time hanging in a tree or sitting on the ground. If your at home or at work or whatever, your not going to kill deer. If the deer seem to wind you or they change patterns, change your stand position or your patterns with them. You will get one or two or three.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I haven't seen a deer since I took my doe in Archery 3 weeks ago. Saw 2 bucks that day. Not sure what is up. I see fresh scrapes and rubs so I know a 8 point is still around. Not sure where all the does have been...is the rut in full swing? Maybe its still been to warm and windy.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    This is another buddy of mine. He shot this buck on the 10th with his Matthews Ultra 2, 100 gr Thunderheads, Gold Tip arrows, 33yds. He ran 20 yds and dropped. Lunged him.

IMG_20111110_111826.jpg

Good job!:rockwoot:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Nothing for me so far. I did see on Mon afternoon. Tuesday I got in the field late and the area I hunted was hopping before I got there. Helped a guy drag a 13 point atypical out of the ravine.

Top Bottom