• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The fact the they refused to stand up for the grand juries after they came out with their verdicts. To state that this is our judicial process. They refused to do this, they refused to calm people down, they refused to even try and create some sense of law and order. Why? Because they politically benefit from disorder.

Even if this were 100% true, which I don't agree with, it still doesn't make them culpable for the murders. Benefitting from disorder and responsible for murder are not equal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Uh....Occupy Movement was just a blip? Armed militias converging on the Bundy Farm, confronting law enforcement? 2 Bundy supporters murdering 2 officers in Vegas as they had lunch? Hmmm... by the criteria you applied, that's not a "domestic insurgency?"

OWS was a run up. We're seeing a polished version now.

Bundy Farm doesn't seem to have been a part of a sustained movement that is out there shooting police, breaking windows and blocking interstates.

The difference with OWS and the current 'demonstrations' are support from the government, tacit of course, and the approval from academia and the MSM. The Bundyites didn't have that at all.

Bundy was a blip compared to this, yes.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The obvious difference is that your neighbor is responsible for the actions of the animal that he owns.

And Sharpton, Obama, Holder and De Blasio are responsible for the actions of the animals that THEY own. But what they are not responsible for is the actions of a nutcase who decided to ambush two policemen.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why do we need to point out any groups at all? What is wrong with individual accountability?

I'm a cop, as are you. I share no responsibility for what police officers on other agencies or in other states do. Why must I be lumped into a group with them when it serves no purpose other than to pit me against others?

I'm not mad at black people for the murder of those two officers. I'm not mad a people from New York. I'm not mad at people who own guns. I'm mad at the individual who did it and I'm a little more than irritated at those who continuously perpetuate divisions in this country whether they are based on skin color, religion, profession or any other ridiculous identifier which serves no productive purpose.

(Not pointing at you, just using your statement to make a point)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I am sorry to disagree with you, I came from an environment where neighbor turned on neighbor, where children turned their parents in for questioning authority. It becomes a feeding frenzy, of hatred, fear and murder. I lost many family members do this type of condition. I do not see this as a race issue, but a political maneuvering to let confusion and disorder give them opportunities for other political motives.

Remember Hope and Change? What did that really mean? It is a desire to destroy this country internally and the to use those that real oppressed as the pawns. I saw it in the former Soviet Union, I see it happening here. Baby steps until there is a point of no return.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And Sharpton, Obama, Holder and De Blasio are responsible for the actions of the animals that THEY own. But what they are not responsible for is the actions of a nutcase who decided to ambush two policemen.

Agreed 100%. I misunderstood, and thought you were making a different point.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Remember Hope and Change? What did that really mean?

That really meant no more nor less than whatever catchy line that the next president's people come up with during his/her campaign and that half the country will dislike or make fun of and the other half will slurp up with star-struck eyes.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I am sorry to disagree with you, I came from an environment where neighbor turned on neighbor, where children turned their parents in for questioning authority. It becomes a feeding frenzy, of hatred, fear and murder. I lost many family members do this type of condition. I do not see this as a race issue, but a political maneuvering to let confusion and disorder give them opportunities for other political motives.

Remember Hope and Change? What did that really mean? It is a desire to destroy this country internally and the to use those that real oppressed as the pawns. I saw it in the former Soviet Union, I see it happening here. Baby steps until there is a point of no return.

I'm seeing this as a parallel to the Cultural Revolution in China, where the government egged on at times, and other times stood back, and let the Red Guards tear down society. It served Mao's purpose to change China.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yankees will have me rooting for them this Spring. They are going to pay for the slain officer's kid's college education.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why do we need to point out any groups at all? What is wrong with individual accountability?

I'm a cop, as are you. I share no responsibility for what police officers on other agencies or in other states do. Why must I be lumped into a group with them when it serves no purpose other than to pit me against others?

I'm not mad at black people for the murder of those two officers. I'm not mad a people from New York. I'm not mad at people who own guns. I'm mad at the individual who did it and I'm a little more than irritated at those who continuously perpetuate divisions in this country whether they are based on skin color, religion, profession or any other ridiculous identifier which serves no productive purpose.

(Not pointing at you, just using your statement to make a point)

Quoted for those who may have missed it. Can we also apply this to slavery, Jim Crow, illegal aliens, and anything else used to validate separatist and divisive ideals?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sharpton was among the first people in NYC to condemn the murders of these two officers. That doesn't jibe with what we're hearing from his detractors.

He must be immuned to the chafing one would expect when one straddles fences the way he does. One day, he's leading a parade of people calling for dead cops and now he's condemning it once somebody did it...a reall man for all seasons.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Quoted for those who may have missed it. Can we also apply this to slavery, Jim Crow, illegal aliens, and anything else used to validate separatist and divisive ideals?

Include "Poverty" in that list, and you have my vote. Not including poverty as a crutch is the real acid test of whether someone believes in personal responsibility, or not. It's just another form of off-loading accountability onto groups and society in general. There are plenty of poor people who don't do things like this.

But I suspect the usual suspects will be putting it all up to Poverty, Guns, or both, by tomorrow morning.

Too bad his girlfriend didn't put wings on him. That's what I'd really like to see more of, with dawgs like this one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom