• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The only "us vs. them" I consider is those who live civilly under the Rule of Law and respect natural and constitutionally protected rights, and those who choose not to do so.

There are probably certain INGO members whose beliefs I should ignore, lest I get myself moderated for expressing the full measure of my response (i.e. the "no good cop" types, and the anarchist types).

I'm away from home, but my blue lamp is illuminated virtually. I'm sickened by this. I wish that the outcome of the spectacular failure of progressive ideology and policy didn't inevitably and invariably lead to the loss of innocent life.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You won't see those members post meaningful responses in this thread. Two dead cops who had nothing to do with a controversial situation are nothing more than cannon fodder in a war of contradiction. Individuality vs responsibility, us vs them, two faceless, nameless men who lost their value as humans when they took an oath to serve others.

Someone at The Truth About Guns posted this very sentiment, saying that he found no sympathy for the slain officers, because they wore the uniform of an oppressive government.

There is no place in a civil society for people who hold such beliefs.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The evil mind doesn't care about policy, law, or anything else. It's just another avenue to point a finger. The criminal is the blame and he alone chose to commit his crime.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Mr. Freeman:

I like to lurk on this site, and I've seen several posters banned for criticizing the police. I've seen posters who don't like the police that much. I've seen posters who want dirty or excessive cops punished severely.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here advocate walking up the the nearest cop car and shooting the cops inside it. I don't think I've ever seen anything on this site that even comes close to that.

I have. It's why my ignore list contains the few it does. I've seen it and the "if they aren't doing anything wrong they have nothing to fear" in reference to feeling justified in killing police. The rhetoric got real "bullets over ballots" a few years back especially when the ic code was changed and people thought it was OK to kill a cop doing something you thought was illegal.

Me and Kirk aren't always on the same side, since my family and I need time in a re-education camp but he's right on this one. Some bans made the rhetoric a bit less over the top but there are plenty here fighting against the pretend dictatorship.

wadcutter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Nope, there a war on two fronts against LE.

Mr. Kutnupe:

I don't see that happening. People realize that police are essential to keeping a peaceful country and safe neighborhoods, so nobody is going to be allowed to hurt the police. People want the police. People think good cops are awesome, but people want the right kind of police. Since the animosity against the police is getting to a boiling point, for reasons a lot of people consider justified, the police are probably going to be retrained to do their jobs with more community building and much less force. I just see some calmer heads stepping in to tone down the volume. Hopefully, all sides can recognize their contributions to the problem and work to fix it. We need less rhetoric right now.

Giuliani's comments (and all of Fox News) are not the kind of statesmanship we need right now. Calling for a Blue Flu isn't helping. The police turning their backs on DeBlasio is the kind of conduct that will keep this situation too hot. The people need to see that the police are obeying the elected government and are not running it.

We need cool-headed officers like you to be leaders of their departments in this tense time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Here's something to consider, posted this morning by a friend of mine on FB:

"In light of the murder of twp NYPD officers, Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos, I thought I'd bring up one quick concept that too many people tend to forget or understandably shy away from.
    We're in the middle of the second "intifada" of the American Left. The first one occurred in the late 1960's and into the early 1970's as the Vietnam War was winding down. It's always the same template.
    This really isn't about race or racism. It never has been. It's not about Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, or Eric Garner. They're just the 'useful idiots' that Saul Alinsky, Frank Marshall Davis and Karl Marx need as grist for their mill.
    This is what they do.
    The political left in this country is comprised primarily of people who have a background as, or the mindset of, "community organizers". The job of a community organizer is to make things worse. They are the ones throwing gasoline on the fire and rubbing salt in the wounds.
    Their job is to sow turmoil, discord and hate. They work to prevent accord from being reached, to end cooperation between peoples and to head off agreement. They are professional **** stirrers.
    Why?
    Ideologically, their reason is to destroy western civilization so that it can be replaced with a collectivist Utopia. That's great and all, but it's kind of fuzzy. Personally, however, their motivation is pure personal profit. Sharpton, DeBlasio, Obama and Holder have made a lifelong career of it.
    There's not a single one of these sons of *****es that doesn't get rich ripping the scabs off of wounds, and in that lies the ultimate irony. They decry the capitalist and free marketeer as promoting a system based upon the assumption that people act from in own self interest, while at the same time demonstrating all of the traits that they condemn, proving that the capitalist was right in the first place.
    Human nature is human nature. None of this should surprise anyone who is a student of history, yet somehow it always does.
    A peaceful, prosperous community or nation does not need community organizers. Community organizers, on the other hand, can't function in a peaceful, prosperous nation, so they are always, ALWAYS, striving to destroy it.
    None of this is new, or surprising. We just need to remember who these people are."

I am reminded of the words of Booker T. Washington. What was true over a century ago remains true today:

"There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs, partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

(By all means, read the whole chapter.)

Booker T. Washington Society - My Larger Education - Chapter 5

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He'll attempt to return in some other form at some point in time. No doubt.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The only "us vs. them" I consider is those who live civilly under the Rule of Law and respect natural and constitutionally protected rights, and those who choose not to do so.

The problem is that living "under the rule of law" and "respecting natural and constitutionally protected rights" aren't necessarily the same people.

We can easily see which category the criminal thugs belong in. The government tyrants are sometimes more difficult to pick out, or people are more afraid to speak out against them.

One also has to consider when the rule of law itself directly violates people's natural rights.

Following the law is easy. Following what is morally right is much more difficult.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The problem is that living "under the rule of law" and "respecting natural and constitutionally protected rights" aren't necessarily the same people.

We can easily see which category the criminal thugs belong in. The government tyrants are sometimes more difficult to pick out, or people are more afraid to speak out against them.

One also has to consider when the rule of law itself directly violates people's natural rights.

Following the law is easy. Following what is morally right is much more difficult.

Nobody ever promised that maintaining civil society of free people would be *easy*. If it were, such societies wouldn't be so fragile and transient.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It would never happen. Just like no one has been drummed out of the league for wearing the other t-shirts.

They wouldn't be "drummed out of the league", however NFLers are routinely punished for "free speech" activity. The lack of consequences for the "hands up, don't shoot" protest stood out for that reason.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The Garner and Brown families have both come out and condemned this act of murder. Hopefully they'll be listened to.

https://news.vice.com/article/famil...chael-brown-denounce-killing-of-nypd-officers

Do you think the rioters/agitators truly give a rat's *ss about either of these two? Or about Trayvon for that matter?

They have been working on this perfect storm of 'outrage' for years now, and with the help of some in government, it's taking off.

When gunmen walk up to officers eating lunch and assassinate them, it seems like the time for reasoning has passed. Looking like a domestic insurgency to me. Where's the DOJ and Southern Poverty Law Center on this. (sarcasm)

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do you think the rioters/agitators truly give a rat's *ss about either of these two? Or about Trayvon for that matter?

They have been working on this perfect storm of 'outrage' for years now, and with the help of some in government, it's taking off.

I think you might need to loosen the tinfoil a bit. This sounds as loopy as the other side positing that NYPD staged the murders to garner support for themselves. There's no big conspiracy. There's just murderous douchebags out there looking to make a splash.

Top Bottom