• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I think you might need to loosen the tinfoil a bit. This sounds as loopy as the other side positing that NYPD staged the murders to garner support for themselves. There's no big conspiracy. There's just murderous douchebags out there looking to make a splash.

I'm not big into Internet debating, if I were, we'd debate a lot, def., disagree with you frequently. This post is NOT one of those times, so thought I'd say.....Agreed!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am reminded of the words of Booker T. Washington. What was true over a century ago remains true today:

"There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs, partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

(By all means, read the whole chapter.)

Booker T. Washington Society - My Larger Education - Chapter 5

I'm from Alabama, and not even I like Booker T Washington, that would tell you to take a slap with a smile rather that duck, or slap back. He was a timid leader. Du Bois had the right of it.

And how is this related to the collective problem we all are experiencing. Why point out ONE group, and ignore the others?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you think the rioters/agitators truly give a rat's *ss about either of these two? Or about Trayvon for that matter?

They have been working on this perfect storm of 'outrage' for years now, and with the help of some in government, it's taking off.

When gunmen walk up to officers eating lunch and assassinate them, it seems like the time for reasoning has passed. Looking like a domestic insurgency to me. Where's the DOJ and Southern Poverty Law Center on this. (sarcasm)

Uh what? You're acting like this sort of thing has never happened before.... And quite recently. I guess it wasn't a "domestic insurgency" back then?

Coppers have long memories.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why point out ONE group, and ignore the others?

Why do we need to point out any groups at all? What is wrong with individual accountability?

I'm a cop, as are you. I share no responsibility for what police officers on other agencies or in other states do. Why must I be lumped into a group with them when it serves no purpose other than to pit me against others?

I'm not mad at black people for the murder of those two officers. I'm not mad a people from New York. I'm not mad at people who own guns. I'm mad at the individual who did it and I'm a little more than irritated at those who continuously perpetuate divisions in this country whether they are based on skin color, religion, profession or any other ridiculous identifier which serves no productive purpose.

(Not pointing at you, just using your statement to make a point)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I think you might need to loosen the tinfoil a bit. This sounds as loopy as the other side positing that NYPD staged the murders to garner support for themselves. There's no big conspiracy. There's just murderous douchebags out there looking to make a splash.

You don't think the degree of activity across the nation has been noteworthy? Including outsiders coming into Ferguson? And the level of organization demonstrated, as well as the political support for the cause, eg staying the course.

All just a bunch of disorganized hoodlums? Really....

With respect to your nuanced 'tinfoil' 'loopy' appellation for me, well, it takes one to know one, so there! QED

Here is your answer.

What, they're giving up support for Garner? (Actually my first was a rhetorical question.)

Uh what? You're acting like this sort of thing has never happened before.... And quite recently. I guess it wasn't a "domestic insurgency" back then?

Coppers have long memories.

Nation-wide 'demonstrations' and calls for (and acts of) violence against the police. Supported indirectly by the president and his cronies?

I remember the riots in the 60s. You must be older than me by far.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why do we need to point out any groups at all? What is wrong with individual accountability?

I'm a cop, as are you. I share no responsibility for what police officers on other agencies or in other states do. Why must I be lumped into a group with them when it serves no purpose other than to pit me against others?

I'm not mad at black people for the murder of those two officers. I'm not mad a people from New York. Im mad at the individual who did it and I'm a little more than irritated at those who continuously perpetuate divisions in this country whether they are based on skin color, religion, profession or any other ridiculous identifier which serves no productive purpose.

100% right. Why point out groups at all? I'm trying to get people to understand that it's not a group thing, it's a evil criminal thing. But here on INGO, if someone does something wrong, and it's a group they have a negative opinion about they use the example to condemn most, if not all, within that group.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    100% right. Why point out groups at all? I'm trying to get people to understand that it's not a group thing, it's a evil criminal thing. But here on INGO, if someone does something wrong, and it's a group they have a negative opinion about they use the example to condemn most, if not all, within that group.

Not just on INGO my friend. It's an effort all across the board in this country. Everyone wants individual rights, [STRIKE]no one[/STRIKE] precious few want individual responsibility.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don't think the degree of activity across the nation has been noteworthy? Including outsiders coming into Ferguson? And the level of organization demonstrated, as well as the political support for the cause, eg staying the course.

All just a bunch of disorganized hoodlums? Really....

With respect to your nuanced 'tinfoil' 'loopy' appellation for me, well, it takes one to know one, so there! QED

What, they're giving up support for Garner? (Actually my first was a rhetorical question.)

Nation-wide 'demonstrations' and calls for (and acts of) violence against the police. Supported indirectly by the president and his cronies?

I remember the riots in the 60s. You must be older than me by far.

Uh....Occupy Movement was just a blip? Armed militias converging on the Bundy Farm, confronting law enforcement? 2 Bundy supporters murdering 2 officers in Vegas as they had lunch? Hmmm... by the criteria you applied, that's not a "domestic insurgency?"

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    To me no one has pointed out the obvious.

Sharpton incited blacks and whites that were willing to follow his mob mentality into a frenzy of chants to kill cops...and guess what happened...! The president as well as and mayor De Blasio refused to support our system of law and order. Both grand juries found no reason to pursue charges of the officers involved. The leaders of our country as well as specific communities refused to support those grand juries, opening up the opportunities for race baiters such as Sharpton and a Holder to advance their convoluted agendas. Sharpton, Obama, Holder and De Blasio are just as responsible for the murder of those 2 NYPD officers as the thug who pulled the trigger.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm from Alabama, and not even I like Booker T Washington, that would tell you to take a slap with a smile rather that duck, or slap back. He was a timid leader. Du Bois had the right of it.

And how is this related to the collective problem we all are experiencing. Why point out ONE group, and ignore the others?

I realized after posting that I should have added some explanation. It is the ideology and methodology that remains unchanged. There are plenty more people than blacks who embody that ideology and methodology, and who have as their aim chaos that would bring our Republic asunder.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I realized after posting that I should have added some explanation. It is the ideology and methodology that remains unchanged. There are plenty more people than blacks who embody that ideology and methodology, and who have as their aim chaos that would bring our Republic asunder.

Fair enough. Thank you for the clarification.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To me no one has pointed out the obvious.

Sharpton incited blacks and whites that were willing to follow his mob mentality into a frenzy of chants to kill cops...and guess what happened...! The president as well as and mayor De Blasio refused to support our system of law and order. Both grand juries found no reason to pursue charges of the officers involved. The leaders of our country as well as specific communities refused to support those grand juries, opening up the opportunities for race baiters such as Sharpton and a Holder to advance their convoluted agendas. Sharpton, Obama, Holder and De Blasio are just as responsible for the murder of those 2 NYPD officers as the thug who pulled the trigger.

No, the nutcase who pulled the trigger is responsible for the murders. And curious, what actions or words do you think allows you have the view that Sharpton, Obama, Holder, and De Blasio are at fault?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    No, the nutcase who pulled the trigger is responsible for the murders. And curious, what actions or words do you think allows you have the view that Sharpton, Obama, Holder, and De Blasio are at fault?

Exactly, it's like saying that Martin Scorsese has some responsibility for John Hinkley shooting Ronald Reagan.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    The fact the they refused to stand up for the grand juries after they came out with their verdicts. To state that this is our judicial process. They refused to do this, they refused to calm people down, they refused to even try and create some sense of law and order. Why? Because they politically benefit from disorder.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Nothing like a good call for violence. From a cop and mod none the less.

The minute the animals shoot an innocent or an officer, the area should be carpet bombed.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

No. Sharpton, Obama, Holder & DeBlasio did not murder these two officers.

There is a common theme I generally see from members of this board, and that is "personal responsibility." The person responsible is the coward that committed these acts. Period.

Every single person walking this earth is influenced by outside factors, but ultimately actions are and decisions are dictated by the individual. This is not the Manchurian Candidate. I don't believe this person was programmed or brainwashed into killing two police officers.

Top Bottom