Indianapolis
    So edgy. So brave.

B5apm8bCcAAvI2G.jpg:large

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

While troubling that people are issuing death threat against Sharpton, it's kinda "meh." He's been getting death threats since the 80s, and was actually stabbed due to his views. It's something that I think he has probably gotten used to over the years. Unless he REALLY think this is credible and unique for other threats he's had, he's basically just wanting the spotlight on him.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    How about something positive for a couple minutes? Tomorrow I have to take my wife into Evansville. After I drop her off I'll go to Donut Bank on St. Joe avenue and buy a mixed dozen donuts. Then I'll take them to the EPD substation on Columbia and Governor. I will go in and present it to whomever's there, thank them for their service and give them my condolences for the deaths of all officers. Anybody else up for this in your home town?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How about something positive for a couple minutes? Tomorrow I have to take my wife into Evansville. After I drop her off I'll go to Donut Bank on St. Joe avenue and buy a mixed dozen donuts. Then I'll take them to the EPD substation on Columbia and Governor. I will go in and present it to whomever's there, thank them for their service and give them my condolences for the deaths of all officers. Anybody else up for this in your home town?

:yesway:.....Rep inbound.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I've been talking to young people for the last month about being good citizens and not waiting for the other person to extend a hand of friendship; forgiving and identifying misunderstandings disguised as impassable disagreement; and realizing that even with a change of mind and heart, there will be hurt, but realizing they can't control what others do, but they can control their response. The police in this area have partnered with this movement and have shown empathy and concern. This was HUGE! The students are gone, but I will do the same and take donuts in their stead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been talking to young people for the last month about being good citizens and not waiting for the other person to extend a hand of friendship; forgiving and identifying misunderstandings disguised as impassable disagreement; and realizing that even with a change of mind and heart, there will be hurt, but realizing they can't control what others do, but they can control their response. The police in this area have partnered with this movement and have shown empathy and concern. This was HUGE! The students are gone, but I will do the same and take donuts in their stead.

"Q", that is really a great thing to get started. It has to start somewhere.
    Now, what about the group doing all the killing robbing and dealing. I do not think they attend your school......or any school. That is where change has to be made. How do we start there.
    I am not being snarky or silly. I see that as the root issue we as a society face today. This is across the board.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With things like this happening, and I feel it'll pick up in pace...

I do want to do more than just the "blue lightbulb" approach. What else can I do to show my appreciation?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Now, what about the group doing all the killing robbing and dealing. I do not think they attend your school......or any school. That is where change has to be made. How do we start there.
    I am not being snarky or silly. I see that as the root issue we as a society face today. This is across the board.

That's a great question, CM. Where do you think those kids in OWS come from? They come from college campuses across America. I don't believe in putting resources into those who have chosen the life of a criminal. I would rather put that money, time, and talent into kids who want to do good and are looking for direction. The 17-24-year old mind is the most impressionable and this is my sphere of influence. I must engage those with whom I can affect change. I will take this sector of fire and I can only trust that someone else it taking care of the other areas.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Donuts, really? Buy bagels.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Put in your time. If people think you don't care about them, it's not often that they care about you.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Just around the corner from me.

Yup. I imagine that Christmas Day will bring a pile-o-sweets when I get to roll call at 1300hrs. Thanksgiving Day was just like that, mountains of cookies and other yummies all brought in by various community groups.

If you guys want to know a surefire way to let cops know they are appreciated, just tell them. It means the world when we are sipping coffee at the Quick-E-Mart or grabbing lunch at the McHeartattack and a random person comes up and simply wants to say "thank you"....plus that doesn't make us fatter...it's less delicious, but better for the belt-line. :D

Top Bottom