• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK.....#2 is done.
    Very similar to #1 with subtle diff. as to the colors ball cut and serrations in the flat top.
    Internals as to ignition controls are the same as #1 and this one sports the SA barrel with a hand fit bushing.

Armorers black and grey. No roll marks.
    MuTofU3.jpg

Slide bottom edge has been relieved.
    7nQROOw.jpg

Distinctive ball cut...
    ilmgPOL.jpg

Flat topped with a diff. serration treatment.
    cTeDD4h.jpg

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    That's great feedback! I thought it looked a little wider. Glad to hear it's been reliable.

I would assume the accuracy is there? (More the norm now-days).

I must say, she's a looker!

Oh yeah, is the light-rail optional? I think it is, but...

Thanks again!

Accuracy is right on the money if I do my part... The light rail is optional as well as the the larger backstrap and gold bead front sight. Something else is new on this gun and that is an adjustable rear sight for height. You have a choice of small/medium or large backstrap. I shot both and the large felt better in my hand with the medium trigger however the small backstrap would have worked.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Well, I'll throw my old Colt 1911 out there for y'all to pick apart. I have not wrote to Colt, yet, to get the letter. I also have a Colt 1903 manufactured in 1903, I need a letter on. The 1903 is a 4 digit serial number.
    Colt 1911 manufactured in March 1918. US Army Cavalry unit during WWI.
    Then it again saw service and was carried in WWII by an officer who in turn brought it home after WWII.
    Sometime around 1960 (or earlier) it was traded to a friends father. It remained in his safe unfired until I purchased it in 2015 from my friend after his father's death. My friend I purchased this from, passed away earlier this year.
    I have the Charles Clawson book on the "Collector's Guide to Colt .45 Service Pistols: Models 1911 and 1911A1" and all parts are original to the 1918 Colt. And yes, I have the original wood Colt grips. The grips in the photo are the original WWII grips. The guy that brought it home kept both grips with the gun AND the original two tone mag.

attachment.php

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I'll throw my old Colt 1911 out there for y'all to pick apart. I have not wrote to Colt, yet, to get the letter. I also have a Colt 1903 manufactured in 1903, I need a letter on. The 1903 is a 4 digit serial number.
    Then it again saw service and was carried in WWII by an officer who in turn brought it home after WWII.
    Sometime around 1960 (or earlier) it was traded to a friends father. It remained in his safe unfired until I purchased it in 2015 from my friend after his father's death. My friend I purchased this from, passed away earlier this year.
    I have the Charles Clawson book on the "Collector's Guide to Colt .45 Service Pistols: Models 1911 and 1911A1" and all parts are original to the 1918 Colt. And yes, I have the original wood Colt grips. The grips in the photo are the original WWII grips. The guy that brought it home kept both grips with the gun AND the original two tone mag.

attachment.php

Wow....whats to pick apart with this old war horse. Love it and the back story.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In

attachment.php

Amazing gun and history. I never realized you could get a Colt letter on old military guns. I guess I'm gonna send them some money. I have my dad's service pistol from Vietnam, 1943 build, with matching numbers on slide and frame.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Amazing gun and history. I never realized you could get a Colt letter on old military guns. I guess I'm gonna send them some money. I have my dad's service pistol from Vietnam, 1943 build, with matching numbers on slide and frame.

I've never done a Colt letter before. I'll find out soon enough though. It would be interesting.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    What a great pistol and story, wish I had my uncles Colt from WW2. Was the first pistol I shot and what I learned to shot with, went to his son in Texas after he passed. That was the correct course but it still sucks, greatest generation indeed.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

attachment.php

That is amazing. A hundred years, two wars, and thousands of miles traveled. If only that gun could speak.

No idiot scratch either

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I picked this Colt 1991A1 Compact up at Biff's Gunworld in 1993 & has been bye my side ever since..
    It has had a few downgrades along the way, Kings full length guide rod & reverse bushing kit + Wilson hammer, sear magazines & Videki trigger, all parts were bought in the early 90s via a catalog & a phone call many years before the internet.. That's how it was done way back then..Imagine that.. Gary/Hk Working Toward 50..
    312h735.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I picked this Colt 1991A1 Compact up at Biff's Gunworld in 1993 & has been bye my side ever since..
    It has had a few downgrades along the way, Kings full length guide rod & reverse bushing kit + Wilson hammer, sear magazines & Videki trigger, all parts were bought in the early 90s via a catalog & a phone call many years before the internet.. That's how it was done way back then..Imagine that.. Gary/Hk Working Toward 50..
    312h735.jpg

Nice looking :yesway:

Top Bottom