• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm heading to an outdoor range Thursday. If you'd like to join me your more than welcome. If you don't have my number anymore just PM me.

Did you order the Ruger from USDS? I ordered a rifle Saturday and was just curious if mine might have been shipped at the same time.

Ordered a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter in 308

I still have your number and I appreciate the offer, but I have a birthday party to attend after work on Thursday :( I will be at Parabellum this Saturday for their INGO event. 9 - 6, one hour of range time for $10 for INGO members. Sounds like a good time to break in the new gun!

Also, I picked up the SR1911 from CDNN Sports, FFL to USDS. I didn't even think about asking them to order it :n00b:

When you get your gun let me know.

Will do. It's supposed to be at USDS tomorrow afternoon. Hoping it arrives as expected!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Drink the 1911 :koolaid: and get :hooked:

:popcorn:

I can totally see that happening.

I bought my first handgun in April of '13. It was a gen 3 G19. My buddy was over showing me how to field strip it and talking about various things and he said, "now, when you start looking for your next gun" and I interrupted him and said "wait a minute, I bought this gun for home defense and don't need anything else". He just smiled and shook his head and we talked about something else. 6 months later, almost exactly a year ago, he took me to BGF and I got to shoot my G19 for the first time. Up till BGF closed down recently due to the fire, I had been going to the range once or more a week ever since. I've also bought 8 more handguns since that time, sold 3 of them and pieced together an AR-15. So yeah, I've got the bug pretty bad. I can only imagine what buying my first 1911 is going to do. :ugh:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I can totally see that happening.

I bought my first handgun in April of '13. It was a gen 3 G19. My buddy was over showing me how to field strip it and talking about various things and he said, "now, when you start looking for your next gun" and I interrupted him and said "wait a minute, I bought this gun for home defense and don't need anything else". He just smiled and shook his head and we talked about something else. 6 months later, almost exactly a year ago, he took me to BGF and I got to shoot my G19 for the first time. Up till BGF closed down recently due to the fire, I had been going to the range once or more a week ever since. I've also bought 8 more handguns since that time, sold 3 of them and pieced together an AR-15. So yeah, I've got the bug pretty bad. I can only imagine what buying my first 1911 is going to do. :ugh:
    LOL! It doesn't hurt a bit. There are the occasional 1911 withdrawal shakes and sweats, window shopping with so many options over $2K, cheap imports you'll eventually learn to avoid, and finally realize the quality 1911s are worth every penny. Then you find you need more pennies to get your fix.

Last edited:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Yea I have learned to just quickly scan anything Church Mouse writes you tend to go out and buy Springers! LOL. But I will admit my new TRP and RO in 9MM are fantastic choices and love them both.

Top Bottom