• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what I'm hoping for. Once I've shot it a while and have more money available to spend, I may look at that Sig Scorpion, or take a closer look at the Springfield lineup.

SA's are (for the price) my favorite offerings. Sigs get a bit spendy but yes, very well made guns.
    Have AllenM love on your new Ruger after you have ran a few hundred through it. You will be impressed. My SIL snatched up the Commander right after I got it. He ran a few hundred through it and I shot it. Took it down and went through the ignition group. Night and day improvement.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    SA's are (for the price) my favorite offerings. Sigs get a bit spendy but yes, very well made guns.
    Have AllenM love on your new Ruger after you have ran a few hundred through it. You will be impressed.

I'm making note of that :)

I saw the full sized Scorpion listed at $825 at Grabagun, which seemed to be a pretty good price. Was tempted to do that, but only had enough $$ for the Ruger.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    I sold a SR1911 commander to get a carbon steel, blued finish, internal extractor, no firing pin safety, 5 inch barrel pistol without looking back.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Only minus on a Sig 1911 is the shorter match chamber forcing me to reload a shorter OAL ammunition for it and another OAL length for my other 1911's. Purely a nit pick cause otherwise my Sig shoots lights out. Although I can't help but have a love for the Springfield RO, she's not a pretty gal but gets the job done. Finely and tightly built and worth every penny.

I have yet to handle or fire a SR1911 so no comment there.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    [QUOTE=straight-shooter;539917 she's not a pretty gal but gets the job done. Finely and tightly built and worth every penny.

Sounds like one of my favorite ex girl friends. Hey, nice gun and well worth the $$

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If I'm lucky I'll get a chance to try out a few more 1911's to see what I do and don't like. Will do a range report after I take it out Saturday to Parabellum to test it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I'm lucky I'll get a chance to try out a few more 1911's to see what I do and don't like. Will do a range report after I take it out Saturday to Parabellum to test it out.

You are more than welcome to come out to MCF&G with me sometime as a guest and run any of mine.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Ruger. They're one of my favorite brands. That being said, Sig makes a quality firearm and like others said, they get up in price real quick.

Enjoy that SR1911! Looking forward to that range report.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure to tear down and clean up a SA1911 that my buddy just bought new. I can say it felt great. Trigger weight was a smidgen over 4lb's. Finish was excellent . The only thing I did not like was the timing wasn't right for me to take it to the range and really check it out good! :D

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    You sound like you are a very good dad indeed.
    I hear you. I don't buy as many as some folks do and so far, I haven't sold any yet, so I tend to shop around. In fact, that's a big part of the fun of it for me. Every one I've bought so far was my favorite until I bought my next one. Now, they're all like my kids--they're all my favorites.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure to tear down and clean up a SA1911 that my buddy just bought new. I can say it felt great. Trigger weight was a smidgen over 4lb's. Finish was excellent . The only thing I did not like was the timing wasn't right for me to take it to the range and really check it out good! :D

​Once you play with a SA the island guns seem to fad away.........:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been very happy with the Sig 1911s I've had. They are among the few 1911s that I will buy, shoot a couple of hundred rounds through, then carry with zero modifications. Almost everything else seems to need a tweak or two, but the Sigs come like I prefer to carry them. Lots of checkering, a nice pronounced speed bump, night sights and a decent trigger.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Mighty kind of you to offer. I'll have to take you up on that sometime :)
    I'm heading to an outdoor range Thursday. If you'd like to join me your more than welcome. If you don't have my number anymore just PM me.

Did you order the Ruger from USDS? I ordered a rifle Saturday and was just curious if mine might have been shipped at the same time.

Ordered a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter in 308

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm heading to an outdoor range Thursday. If you'd like to join me your more than welcome. If you don't have my number anymore just PM me.

Did you order the Ruger from USDS? I ordered a rifle Saturday and was just curious if mine might have been shipped at the same time.

Ordered a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter in 308

And this is just one of many reasons I love ingo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Top Bottom