• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Guess I should have added, fired 170 flawless rounds. ~70 Fiocchi and 100 Federal Champion. The only issue I had is that the 7 round magazine seems to catch before it seats and has to be forced in. No similar issue with the 8 rounder. Gun shot beautifully.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    USDS, Bob in Plainfield, and probably Elmore's stock Wilson's. I know Indy Trading Post doesn't.

Never ran McCormick but never heard anything bad. I have had issues from $10 mags but had really good luck with factory springfield and sig mags. But none the less carry guns always got Wilson mags.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guess I should have added, fired 170 flawless rounds. ~70 Fiocchi and 100 Federal Champion. The only issue I had is that the 7 round magazine seems to catch before it seats and has to be forced in. No similar issue with the 8 rounder. Gun shot beautifully.

Now that you have :koolaid:.................watcha -think

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have had good luck with the 8 round Kimber Pro Mag. I bought them back when I got my 1911. I caught them on sale pretty cheap. I also was a little surprised how much a good mag can cost. I know they have a good reputation. That Ruger is sharp! Congrats!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Now that you have :koolaid:.................watcha -think

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have had good luck with the 8 round Kimber Pro Mag. I bought them back when I got my 1911. I caught them on sale pretty cheap. I also was a little surprised how much a good mag can cost. I know they have a good reputation. That Ruger is sharp! Congrats!

Thank you, I like it a lot!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That is the plan we discussed at the last meeting is it not......:dunno:

yep!!! lol

Island guns suck.

Oh that hurts!! :p lol.

I have to say I'm impressed. Shot about 170 rounds through the SR1911 this morning at Parabellum. The thing is a tack driver and feels great to me. Very happy with it. Unfortunately I didn't think to take any pics of the targets, but I did get a shot of my dirty girl afterwards:

Awesome! You're going to love it for the long haul!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Purdy pistols. I've had the 1911 bug again for awhile but have been good. :) these threads make it tough. Lol.

Sorry to provide you more temptation :D

Broke her down and cleaned her thoroughly this morning. She's back to being nice and shiny. Used Ballistol and got her cleaned up nicely. Oddly, when testing this morning the 7 round magazine no longer has any issue hanging up when I insert it into the gun. Not sure what the deal was? Had different rounds in it, was the only difference. Loaded it with Federal Champion aluminum cased ammo, instead of the Fiocchi or Federal Champion brass cased I used yesterday. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A couple of questions have come up. First of all, the only gun grease I've found locally in stores has been a brand named Outers. Anyone have any experience with it? I picked up a tube since it was all I could find, but I haven't opened it yet and still have the receipt if it's crap and I need to take it back.

Also, in another forum someone recommended the Wilson Combat ETM's over the 47D's. MidwayUSA has them for a good price so I thought I'd ask which is better.

Wilson Combat Elite Tactical Mag ETM Base Pad 1911 Government

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have both in my mag case. I have zero issues with the 47's but have been buying the ETM's lately. They run very well in all my 1911's. They have a bigger base than the 47's and if you are running steel or the like and dropping mags they might take the hit a bit better.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have both in my mag case. I have zero issues with the 47's but have been buying the ETM's lately. They run very well in all my 1911's. They have a bigger base than the 47's and if you are running steel or the like and dropping mags they might take the hit a bit better.

What kind of 1911 do you have? I have a Para GI Expert and it seems to be picky as to which magazines it likes.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A couple of questions have come up. First of all, the only gun grease I've found locally in stores has been a brand named Outers. Anyone have any experience with it? I picked up a tube since it was all I could find, but I haven't opened it yet and still have the receipt if it's crap and I need to take it back.

Also, in another forum someone recommended the Wilson Combat ETM's over the 47D's. MidwayUSA has them for a good price so I thought I'd ask which is better.

Wilson Combat Elite Tactical Mag ETM Base Pad 1911 Government

For lubricant I am using a light coat of Tetra grease and Wilson Combat universal lube.

Go with the ETM magazines. They are a true 8 round magazine in that the mag tube is longer. Wilson mags are good but they are not perfect in every gun. For carry you might want to try the Wilson Service Mag Plus (7 rounder). They are flush fit and have a hybrid feed lip design. Plus they are only $20. I do have a couple of 47Ds, I consider them to be a really good 7 round magazine with bump pad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What kind of 1911 do you have? I have a Para GI Expert and it seems to be picky as to which magazines it likes.

I lean towards Springfields. I have several in different states of tune. I only run Wilson or Chip McCormick Mags. I have heard good things about Tripp offerings.
    I did just re-enter the Para marque with one of the Black Ops. It seemed to be a fair piece. I just tuned it up with a hand fit barrel bushing and ignition/trigger parts from Cylinder and slide.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have both a Wilson and Kimber magazine. The Wilson is nice but needs a bit of force to seat it fully with eight rounds. The Kimber, also an eight round, won't seat at all unless there are seven or fewer rounds in it. The Para mags pop right in fully loaded.

Top Bottom