• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As soon as I have some extra money I'm looking to pick up a holster for it. Been looking at something like this:

Amazon.com : Galco Combat Master Belt Holster for 1911 5-Inch Colt, Kimber, Para, Springfield (Tan, Right-hand) : Airsoft Stomach Band Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

Unfortunately due to buying too many guns, I'm currently broker than broke, especially with Christmas coming up. It's likely to be January before I have any extra spending money :(

So school me Obi Wan, what do you mean by having some love applied on the trigger exactly? I know about trigger jobs on Glocks and M&P's but nothing about 1911 trigger jobs....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As soon as I have some extra money I'm looking to pick up a holster for it. Been looking at something like this:

Amazon.com : Galco Combat Master Belt Holster for 1911 5-Inch Colt, Kimber, Para, Springfield (Tan, Right-hand) : Airsoft Stomach Band Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

Unfortunately due to buying too many guns, I'm currently broker than broke, especially with Christmas coming up. It's likely to be January before I have any extra spending money :(

So school me Obi Wan, what do you mean by having some love applied on the trigger exactly? I know about trigger jobs on Glocks and M&P's but nothing about 1911 trigger jobs....

I set the spousal unit to getting Christmas done a month ago. I had some cash stashed in the gun fun fund (:)) and got all of the shopping done. I have emptied the fund feeding my addiction as well.

As to detailing the trigger it is just that. Putting all the components square up to each other setting depth and polishing them. Re-setting spring tensions. I call it putting some love in it as that is what you are doing. This removes the take up and the break is crisp. Also drops the amount of effort to get it to break.
    If I had the time we could roll out to MCF&G and you could run some of mine. You will feel the difference.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I set the spousal unit to getting Christmas done a month ago. I had some cash stashed in the gun fun fund (:)) and got all of the shopping done. I have emptied the fund feeding my addiction as well.

As to detailing the trigger it is just that. Putting all the components square up to each other setting depth and polishing them. Re-setting spring tensions. I call it putting some love in it as that is what you are doing. This removes the take up and the break is crisp. Also drops the amount of effort to get it to break.
    If I had the time we could roll out to MCF&G and you could run some of mine. You will feel the difference.

Once I've put more rounds through mine to get a good feel for the trigger, I'll have to look into the loving you're talking about so I can really make an accurate assessment. Once the holidays pass, maybe free time will open up for both of us. Would love to meet you sometime and try one or more of yours to see what you're talking about. I may have my own RO by that time as well...lol!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Once I've put more rounds through mine to get a good feel for the trigger, I'll have to look into the loving you're talking about so I can really make an accurate assessment. Once the holidays pass, maybe free time will open up for both of us. Would love to meet you sometime and try one or more of yours to see what you're talking about. I may have my own RO by that time as well...lol!

Time is always the issue with me.
    If you are SW side maybe a range day early Dec. Cold ain't nothing but a thing unless we get pounded like last year. If we do I will see you next spring.......:laugh6:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Give me a shout. I happen to have a brand new holster like what you want. It's just sitting on my bedroom speakers.
    We probably could work out some kind of trade.
    I'll send you a PM with contact info.
    HMH
    I've got a few 1911s you can fondle to see what a bit of love to a trigger will do.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    refer to my first post for the way i feel about 1911. i love'em i just don't trust'em

Luckily it's possible to have the best of both worlds. I have a 1911 and I love it. I also have Glocks (and Smiths and a Walther as well). If I could have only one it'd be a tough choice, but luckily I'm not limited.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    refer to my first post for the way i feel about 1911. i love'em i just don't trust'em

I have been running 1911's for a very long time. Yes, experienced failures. Yes, I trust the platform.....with my life.
    I have seen as many failures with other platforms. If it is man made it will break or just fail.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I love 1911 i love the looks and the feel of them they are a working deadly piece of art. now having said that i would not own another unless i could just afford to treat it like a piece of art and hang it on the wall. there are i wont say better but more practical weapons out there. guns with a much lower failure rate (the 1911 is a fine gun if you buy a good custom or get a stock 1911 reworked) with all that said i personally go for a higher capacity mag my personal everyday carry gun is a Taurus pt 24/7 pro 15+1 in .40 and am even thinking of going to the dreaded glock simply because it has a track record of not failing under extreme duress. i know Glock sucks but all the evidence all points to it having one of the lowest failure rates of any modern semi-auto pistol on the market and if my life is going to depend on something working i'll go with it
    You are concerned about reliability and you carry a Taurus? Man is fallible. Therefore, anything he makes is also fallible. Glocks fail with regularity, you just don't necessarily hear about it. There are a lot of high quality, reliable firearms out there. Among those are many variations of the 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are concerned about reliability and you carry a Taurus? Man is fallible. Therefore, anything he makes is also fallible. Glocks fail with regularity, you just don't necessarily hear about it. There are a lot of high quality, reliable firearms out there. Among those are many variations of the 1911.

I was giving him a break on the Taurus thing. Been called a bully so filters in place. Sometimes.

johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    yeah there are many 1911 i would carry if i could afford them, but the really well made reliable 1911 are astronomical in price. Taurus is not the best brand out there, but. it is more than reasonably priced, and when you get a good one they are fantastic. the key is when you buy one to take it out and put about 1000 rounds through it without cleaning. it took me about two weeks to do that if it had failed i would not be carrying it every day. all that being said taurus is not now and never will be my first choice. i would much prefer a glock or s&w, but i dont make a couple of hundred grand a year and i am married so the money for guns is limited. things such as house, car, food & bills come first

Top Bottom