• Status
    Not open for further replies.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Here's the deal: kid was on top of Zimmerman beating him. Zimmerman was crying out for help. He asked witness to call 911 as well. Kid kept beating him. No matter what happened prior (and there is nothing to indicate any physical contact was made before the kid attacked Zimmerman, in fact the 911 audio would indicate otherwise) when Zimmerman was on his back, not fighting back, crying like a hurt child for help, and Martin continued to beat him, he was no longer acting in self defense (if he ever was) and he become a criminal assailant. Kid was unable to control himself when Zimmerman was defenseless on the ground, crying and calling for help, and he continued to beat him with his fists.
    To all of the naysayers on here, what does one do at this point, when you are on your back, getting beat up and apparently unable to effectively counter the attack solely by physical means?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I thing race does have something to do with the shooting. This isn't to say that Zimmerman is a racist, but he may have certainly had preconceived notions about the particular "look" of Martin. It's sad, but unfortunately, we all (including me) do it. It how we act upon our thoughts that makes the difference between Zimmerman and most people.

How? If, as previously claimed, Zimmerman was calling 911 dozens of times, how do you tease out of this that he singled out Martin because of race? Was everyone else he called on black? There's no indication of that being the case except for your ardent desire for it to be true. Why is it so important to you, and others, that it just HAD to be race? That's what I'm missing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They're not the only ones. Maybe we're watching a little too hard.
    SeeSay_830x250_Indiana%20NO%20BUTTON.jpg

A most excellent point. Allowing ourselves to become tools of those whose infringements increase on a seemingly daily basis does us no good whatsoever. Also noteworthy is that DHS set up a watch program that it directly administers specifically made up of truck drivers. It amazes me that they expected significant particiaption from a group they dearly love kicking around. At least they had the chutzpah to ask!

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    If the kid wouldn't have gotten kicked out of school none of this would have happened.

If the kid hadn't committed battery on Zimmerman none of this would have happened.

Here's the deal: kid was on top of Zimmerman beating him. Zimmerman was crying out for help. He asked witness to call 911 as well. Kid kept beating him. No matter what happened prior (and there is nothing to indicate any physical contact was made before the kid attacked Zimmerman, in fact the 911 audio would indicate otherwise) when Zimmerman was on his back, not fighting back, crying like a hurt child for help, and Martin continued to beat him, he was no longer acting in self defense (if he ever was) and he become a criminal assailant. Kid was unable to control himself when Zimmerman was defenseless on the ground, crying and calling for help, and he continued to beat him with his fists.

Seems like a justifiable self-defense shoot at that point.

yes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the kid wouldn't have gotten kicked out of school none of this would have happened.

If the kid hadn't committed battery on Zimmerman none of this would have happened.

Seems like a justifiable self-defense shoot at that point.

That all depends on perspective. And I'll be the first to admit there are plenty of "ifs" regarding this.
    If Martin why confronted by Zimmerman in a physical manner, attempting to prevent him from leaving, then Martin had every right to beat the stew out of him. If at some point, prior, or during the confrontation, Martin became aware that Zimmerman was armed that could escalate Martin's opinion of the situation, to believe that he was fighting for his very life.

If you, I, or anybody else was confronted by a person who we believe is intent on doing us harm when do you determine that they have had "enough," when you note that they are armed with a firearm?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That all depends on perspective. And I'll be the first to admit there are plenty of "ifs" regarding this.
    If Martin why confronted by Zimmerman in a physical manner, attempting to prevent him from leaving, then Martin had every right to beat the stew out of him. If at some point, prior, or during the confrontation, Martin became aware that Zimmerman was armed that could escalate Martin's opinion of the situation, to believe that he was fighting for his very life.

If you, I, or anybody else was confronted by a person who we believe is intent on doing us harm when do you determine that they have had "enough," when you note that they are armed with a firearm?

Good point because at that point you try to neutralize them by any means needed.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    "Secret Witness"
    If this pans out......It will be interesting to see the "news" reports.

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman
    He'll be accused of recism, and anonymous death threats will begin once he's named. Al Sharpton will claim he's in league with Zimmerman.

I still think the police and state's attorney should have seen this one coming, and preempted the whole thing.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He'll be accused of recism, and anonymous death threats will begin once he's named. Al Sharpton will claim he's in league with Zimmerman.

I still think the police and state's attorney should have seen this one coming, and preempted the whole thing.

No kidding. A white guy shoots a black guy, you better have one hell of a paper trail. Yeah, I know he is part spanish or something and do not care, he looks white and is being betrayed as such.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No kidding. A white guy shoots a black guy, you better have one hell of a paper trail. Yeah, I know he is part spanish or something and do not care, he looks white and is being betrayed as such.

I bet he wishes he hadn't missed that session at the tanning salon.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah

oh the death threats have already started did you see the post about the wanted dead or alive poster from the black panthers

jake

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

My impression is that the police were blowing the parents off. If the parents felt like the police were helping them, I don't think they'd have went public like they did.

I have no idea what the protocol is for releasing 911 audio but what was the purpose for holding that from the parents for so long?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I have no idea what the protocol is for releasing 911 audio but what was the purpose for holding that from the parents for so long?
    Normally these wouldn't be released while an investigation is pending; it seems the parents weren't getting any feedback from the authorities. At least a private meeting with the police chief and state's attorney might have smoothed things out.
    oh the death threats have already started did you see the post about the wanted dead or alive poster from the black panthers

jake
    Is that for Zimmerman or for the witness?

If Zimmerman isn't indicted by the grand jury, how will Sharpton, Obama, et al. react?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My impression is that the police were blowing the parents off. If the parents felt like the police were helping them, I don't think they'd have went public like they did.

Damn you and your good points. If I am in charge everyone gets to hear the tapes ASAP

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

This is what we call in the trade, "grasping at straws."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom