• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why is it necessary to bring the OJ case into this discussion? It has no bearing on what took place in Fla. Is it meant to be a distraction from the topic of this thread?

I think the point of bringing up the OJ trial is that some people can have such vastly different reactions regarding a defendants innocence/guilt. Many had OJ convicted in their minds before he ever stepped out of that Bronco. How many of those same people are convinced that Zimmerman is innocent?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If this was a racially-motivated crime, i.e., Zimmerman hated blacks, then the gun is irrelevant. He might have used any weapon to kill Martin.

That is the option the media selected.

If they had portrayed it as an awful tragedy, that a misunderstanding spiraled out of control and an innocent person was killed, then they plausibly could have made the argument that, because people make mistakes in judgment, they should not be allowed to carry deadly weapons.

By chosing the evil rascist guy tack, I think the media has weakened any anti-gun argument they now deploy. What they properly have to argue is that we do not have the right to hate other people, and the government should sponsor re-education camps. Once we love one another, it doesn't matter if we have guns, or knives, or howitzers.

Either it's an intentional racist act, or a tragic accident.

I am so tired of this nonsense. I also wish Martin's parents had not taken the route they have. They won't get much satisfaction out of what is going to end up happening.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    My hypothesis: This has nothing to do with race. Zimmerman was a wanna be cop just waiting for the opportunity to "save the day" by catching a BG. His overzealousness made him see everyone as a bad guy and his perception was that this kid was out to do harm. Anything the kid did was perceived a s a threat. You could hear it in the 911 tapes. Zimmerman felt like he was the only one to not let this one "get away'. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't have the little security light on his car or previous application to be a law enforcement officer.

^^^^^ This is exactly how I see it as well.

And then things spiral out of control because human instinct 101 says don't be detained by some stranger who's not a law enforcement officer else you're likely to be a statistic yourself.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The biased reporting on this is just over the top. I feel bad for both families involved. Zimmerman's life is over even if there's exonerating evidence. Martin's life is clearly over. Martin's family will always feel like "the man" is keeping them down.

I can't imagine what Zimmerman is feeling not being able to tell his side of the story. I'm really concerned someone is going to just outright murder the guy before this is over. Sortof the "A Time to Kill" situation.

This speaks to the reason to carry a voice recorder or pocket video cam.

What I want to see, are the stats on crime in this neighborhood. Why did they feel they needed a neighborhood watch. Sure, the guy called 911 40+ times in the last year but what did those calls lead to? Were they all nothing or were there crimes being committed? Too many unanswered questions to really form an opinion on this one right now, other than the media and Trayvon's family are just over the top.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I am so tired of this nonsense. I also wish Martin's parents had not taken the route they have. They won't get much satisfaction out of what is going to end up happening.

Yup, I foresee some sort of reckless homicide/manslaughter/crim reck causing death indictment that will unsustainable at trial...

Then things may get Rodney Kingesque.

Best,

Joe

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the point of bringing up the OJ trial is that some people can have such vastly different reactions regarding a defendants innocence/guilt. Many had OJ convicted in their minds before he ever stepped out of that Bronco. How many of those same people are convinced that Zimmerman is innocent?
    What it appeared like to me in bringing up the OJ trial was that i'm not gaining traction with my position so I think i'll change tactics and divert the focus. Classic move.

I'll ask again, How are the facts in the two seperate cases similar?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What it appeared like to me in bringing up the OJ trial was that i'm not gaining traction with my position so I think i'll change tactics and divert the focus. Classic move.

I'll ask again, How are the facts in the two seperate cases similar?

I don't think he's talking about the facts of the two cases. He's pointing out the shear hypocrisy of those who had condemned OJ before the low speed Bronco chase was over yet they refuse to believe that Zimmerman bears an ounce of blame in Martin's death.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    at this point i dont think we will ever know the truth and if the truth comes out how can we believe that version is true when the other 100 werent? its too bad, just seems like justice (whatever that is) just isnt going to get done

jake

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My hypothesis: This has nothing to do with race. Zimmerman was a wanna be cop just waiting for the opportunity to "save the day" by catching a BG. His overzealousness made him see everyone as a bad guy and his perception was that this kid was out to do harm. Anything the kid did was perceived a s a threat. You could hear it in the 911 tapes. Zimmerman felt like he was the only one to not let this one "get away'. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't have the little security light on his car or previous application to be a law enforcement officer.
    Great. So let's say I come act suspicious in your neighborhood and when you question me I pummel you to death. Would that be preferrable?

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    If someone was following me and stalking me, I might try to neutralize him first, too.

Zimmerman CLEARLY took the steps that set this whole tragedy in motion, and it's on his head.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again, I still want to see the forensics. Does the trajectory and wound match up with Zimmermans account? What's the toxicology report say? Zimmerman was just sure Martin was higher than a kite. If he was stone cold sober, I personally think that calls Zimmermans judgement into question. If the forensics prove Zimmerman innocent than I will believe he's innocent.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    really?

.. of which apparently walking through a place you have a legal right to be qualifies.
    Not that I was personally there, but I think maybe I just don't ignore details that negate my 'feelings'.

The kid was shot in the backyard of a witnesses property, right at his back patio. The man release a statement stating that he witnessed the kid with the red shirt (the 6' 2" football player Martin) sitting on top of and beating Zimmerman. Zimmerman yelled for him to call 911. The man ran into his house and locked the door behind him.

Even with pasting together all of the conversational tidbits, we still do not have a clear picture. But I can say this with confidence: that was no kid that was skipping down the sidewalk minding his own business.

My _guess_ is that when the kid bolted through the other properties (which you can assume NWC would know were NOT the residences of the kid), that he ran on foot to pursue (not on a sidewalk, but through private properties). I would _guess_ that the kid came to a fenced area and got trapped. (anyone could outrun NWC) The NWC then would have confronted the kid and things unraveled from there.
    Adrenalin was pumping. Poor choices were made by both individuals. Bad consequences. I am not blaming anyone, especially since ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE HAS BEEN PRESENTED. (you cannot count sensationalist edited news footage).

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    yet no coverage on this ........ :dunno: Report: New Black Panther Party Issues ‘Wanted Dead or Alive’ Poster for George Zimmerman | Video | TheBlaze.com

this whole thing wasn't about race the out come would have been the same for any hoodie wearing young man of any race am sad to say.....but the media sure has made it to look like it is ...:rolleyes:

how could it be about race? one was black the other hispanic. i'm not trying to be insensitive or Klanish sounding but itsnt this kinda like brown on brown crime? what does race have to do with it?

jake

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think the Sharptons of the world would be involved in this case if Martin's family at least felt like they were being included in this by the police. They wanted answers. They wanted to hear the 911 tapes. They felt like they weren't getting anywhere so they went public.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom