• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Kutnupe14....sometimes, whether in person or on an Internet forum, we inadvertently get ourselves into a position that is indefensible. You now find yourself in such a predicament. When confronted with such, a few will simply concede that they may have viewed the topic at hand incorrectly. Most, however, will hit rock-bottom and then continue to show their foolishness by starting to dig an even deeper hole.

Quit digging. It's ok.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Kutnupe14....sometimes, whether in person or on an Internet forum, we inadvertently get ourselves into a position that is indefensible. You now find yourself in such a predicament. When confronted with such, a few will simply concede that they may have viewed the topic at hand incorrectly. Most, however, will hit rock-bottm and then continue to show their foolishness by starting to dig an even deeper hole.

Quit digging. It's ok.
    I wish he'd just come right out and say that everyone who disagrees with his position in this thread are a bunch of racist hypocrites instead of inferring it.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Kutnupe14....sometimes, whether in person or on an Internet forum, we inadvertently get ourselves into a position that is indefensible. You now find yourself in such a predicament. When confronted with such, a few will simply concede that they may have viewed the topic at hand incorrectly. Most, however, will hit rock-bottm and then continue to show their foolishness by starting to dig an even deeper hole.

Quit digging. It's ok.
    tread lightly hes a cop i heard they have internet tasers. you can ride the lightning on your keyboard.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Kutnupe14....sometimes, whether in person or on an Internet forum, we inadvertently get ourselves into a position that is indefensible. You now find yourself in such a predicament. When confronted with such, a few will simply concede that they may have viewed the topic at hand incorrectly. Most, however, will hit rock-bottom and then continue to show their foolishness by starting to dig an even deeper hole.

Quit digging. It's ok.

I'm not saying whether I agree with Kutnupe14 or not but ...

Regardless .... the above is good advice. I would like to add what was once told to me .. "if you hear that little voice, telling you that you should just shut up .... Listen to it!"

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well, anyway, I thinks it's clear that everyone with an opinion on this has dug into their respective trenches. Would anyone like to predict what will happen in the next week?

My Prediction: arrest forthcoming. (that was easy).

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Well, anyway, I thinks it's clear that everyone with an opinion on this has dug into their respective trenches. Would anyone like to predict what will happen in the next week?

My Prediction: arrest forthcoming. (that was easy).
    whos getting arrested zimmerman,the chief and prosecutor, or sharpton? i see trouble brewing down there.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I cant believe i read every post!! I've also read ALOT of coverage and articles about this situation (thats all we have to go on) and watched some media clips. The million dollar question is, Why did Zim find it neccesary to confront this person? What was this person doing that put his(Zim) or any other in fear of bodily harm or his/their life, Walking on the sidewalk? with his hood up? and hands in his pants?
    It doesnt seem that ZIM at anytime was scared for his life UNTIL he confronted this person. NUFF said!!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I cant believe i read every post!! I've also read ALOT of coverage and articles about this situation (thats all we have to go on) and watched some media clips. The million dollar question is, Why did Zim find it neccesary to confront this person? What was this person doing that put his(Zim) or any other in fear of bodily harm or his/their life, Walking on the sidewalk? with his hood up? and hands in his pants?
    It doesnt seem that ZIM at anytime was scared for his life UNTIL he confronted this person. NUFF said!!
    you do understand we dont have all the facts yet? there are some very pertinent details we waiting for.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Sure I do!! But with the facts that have been presented to us( by the media)biased I'm sure, this is MY take nothing more.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I wonder if OJ Simpson was extended the same l
    critique when he was accused of his crime. If he had been there, I wonder if he was defending himself from an overactive ex-wife, and a ninja waiter.

And even after being found innocent, apparently he was railroaded, and his life ruined. Where was so passionate an argument concerning THAT case? And don't give me "it happened a long time ago" nonsense. I have seen numerous references to "OJ" since I've been here.

Ohhhhh wait, I get it...

I don't remember you being this adament that ISP Officer Bisard should have been prosecuted. Ohhhhh wait, I get it...........

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wonder if OJ Simpson was extended the same l
    critique when he was accused of his crime. If he had been there, I wonder if he was defending himself from an overactive ex-wife, and a ninja waiter.

And even after being found innocent, apparently he was railroaded, and his life ruined. Where was so passionate an argument concerning THAT case? And don't give me "it happened a long time ago" nonsense. I have seen numerous references to "OJ" since I've been here.

Ohhhhh wait, I get it...

One big difference in the OJ situation was that all of us got to sit there watching the evidence. We got to watch the witnesses be questioned and cross examined. We saw everything the jury did. In the case at hand, we have media reports and information that is now being put out by the race merchants. But since you aren't hung up on the whole due process thing, I don't expect you will see the difference.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why is the OJ case so much different? He was deemed guilty by the masses before the first day in court. He was acquitted of criminal charges and he's still considered guilty. So you are all ready to ruin him for the rest of his life even though he was acquitted by a jury?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    The kid is an American.

Anyone -- ANYONE -- referring to the boy's grandparent's ancestry is a bigot and racist. A la Al Sharpton. Or else, why isn't Zimmerman always referred to as being an Hispanic-American? This will be very interesting as it plays out over the next 2 or 3 years.

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    My hypothesis: This has nothing to do with race. Zimmerman was a wanna be cop just waiting for the opportunity to "save the day" by catching a BG. His overzealousness made him see everyone as a bad guy and his perception was that this kid was out to do harm. Anything the kid did was perceived a s a threat. You could hear it in the 911 tapes. Zimmerman felt like he was the only one to not let this one "get away'. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't have the little security light on his car or previous application to be a law enforcement officer.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The shooting may not have had anything to do with race, but the media campaign and presidential remarks sure do.

Expect a new federal gun law or hate crime statute, named for the deceased. Proposed at least, and when it doesn't pass, the president will wave the bloody shirt and blame the GOP and NRA for turning the nation's cities into shooting galleries.

Again, the script we have all come to expect in the wake of Tawana Brawley, Columbine, etc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why is the OJ case so much different? He was deemed guilty by the masses before the first day in court. He was acquitted of criminal charges and he's still considered guilty. So you are all ready to ruin him for the rest of his life even though he was acquitted by a jury?
    Why is it necessary to bring the OJ case into this discussion? It has no bearing on what took place in Fla. Is it meant to be a distraction from the topic of this thread?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This whole story has become a load of horse:poop:!

Was the shooting justifiable? Maybe. Maybe not.

Did Zimmerman overreact? Maybe. Maybe not.

Did Martin attack Zimmerman unprovoked? Maybe. Maybe not.

Did the Sanford Police thoroughly investigate the event? Maybe. Maybe not.

Is this whole damn thing being blown WAY out of context by the media? Hell YES!

Is the Stand Your Ground law being threatened because of a tragic situation? Hell YES!

This is why no gun owner should ever, Ever, EVER be gung ho about blowing somebody away! Whenever there is a shooting by a private citizen I hope that the shoot is so justifiably squeaky clean that Sherlock Holmes himself could find no fault.

This is how we loose ground that has been hard fought and slowly regained. Now there is a panel reviewing the law. What a bunch of doofus politicians will find in AN ELECTION YEAR is anybodies guess.

This crap makes me so mad that it is ridiculous! The courts, legislators, and public opinion are starting to swing back our way and then Neighborhood Rambo is on the scene to create a martyr for gun control.

I just wish

Oh, heck, forget it!

I'm ticked.

Sorry, Rant over!

Regards,

Doug

PS - Have a nice weekend:ingo:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    you do understand we dont have all the facts yet? there are some very pertinent details we waiting for.
    Here's what we know so far:

Guy was part of the neighborhood watch program. The police tell and train them to be on the lookout for suspicious people. They are instructed to know their neighbors, their normal hours, and watch for suspicious people: people new to the area, people that look like they don't belong (wearing a hooded sweatshirt in 80+ Florida weather? WTF! Tomorrow it's going to be 88 degrees and humid in Sanford, not hooded sweatshirt weather), suspicious activity such as loitering, looking in cars, appearing as if they might be "casing" houses while in the neighborhood, and so on.

This neighborhood has had a rash of crimes. Guy sees kid who is suspicious, calls 911, while reporting says black guy is coming toward him, then turns. Watch guy follows kid while on the phone with 911 reporting his actions and location. Kid turns around and commits battery on neighborhood watch guy while he is still on the phone with 911, so guy pulls his firearm and shoots kid who assaulted him.

Neighborhood watch guy is beaten bloody, suspicious kid is dead. Entire thing is captured on 911 audio, including the attack on the watch guy by the kid. Kid's father even admitted the neighborhood watch guy was the one yelling for help while being beaten before he shot the kid.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Tyrone acted stupidly.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Here's what we/I know/think so far:

Guy was part of the neighborhood watch program. The police tell and train them to be on the lookout for suspicious people. They are instructed to know their neighbors, their normal hours, and watch for suspicious people: people new to the area, people that look like they don't belong (wearing a hooded sweatshirt in 80+ Florida weather? WTF! Tomorrow it's going to be 88 degrees and humid in Sanford, not hooded sweatshirt weather) (now the guy is part of the fashion-police) , suspicious activity such as loitering, looking in cars, appearing as if they might be "casing" houses while in the neighborhood, and (walking down the street with skittles) so on.

This neighborhood has had a rash of crimes. Guy sees kid who is (in his opinion) suspicious, calls 911, while reporting says black guy is coming toward him, then turns. Watch guy follows kid while on the phone with 911 reporting his actions and location. Kid turns around and commits battery (he didn't defend himself, and get the better of a guy who assaulted him first?) on neighborhood watch guy while he is still on the phone with 911, so guy pulls his firearm and shoots kid who (maybe) assaulted him.

Neighborhood watch guy is beaten bloody, suspicious (to the shooter) kid is dead. Entire thing is captured on 911 audio, including the attack on the watch guy by the kid. Kid's father even admitted the neighborhood watch guy was the one yelling for help while being beaten before he shot the kid.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Tyrone (and the shooter) acted stupidly.

Just a little insight from my view.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom