• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    You bring up an interesting point. I think the reason it appears (or is) that way, is that conservations seem to be almost always the same. They don't vary in opinions a great deal. Whereas liberals are like a million different groups... but will come together like Voltron (sorry for the reference), whenever they feel threatened by the right.
    Succinct :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Riiiiight

You may be right that Zimmerman is a scumbag and needs to be prosecuted. I don't know why though, but the thought of a LEO that feels that based upon what he has heard about someone, that can be sufficient reason to ruin someone's life. You certainly have the power to do so, don't you? It makes one wonder of your willingness to do so when given the opportunity. I am not saying you ever had or ever would. I just find it disturbing.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Crime? Re-read my past posts concerning my opinion, I didn't say he committed any crime.

So, a police officer is saying that someone should be punished, his life ruined, without the showing of any crime? For what, being a busybody? If that's the case you must spend a lot of time being judge and jury in Carmel. How about whoever complained my grass was too long last summer, they deserve at least a few whacks with a night stick. Right?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So, a police officer is saying that someone should be punished, his life ruined, without the showing of any crime? For what, being a busybody? If that's the case you must spend a lot of time being judge and jury in Carmel. How about whoever complained my grass was too long last summer, they deserve at least a few whacks with a night stick. Right?

Actually I think it is pleasantly refreshing to have an officer of the law come right out and admit he isn't hung up on that whole due process thing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I see so many are worry about the presumption of guilt of Zimmerman. Where was Martin's presumption of innocence by Zimmerman?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You may be right that Zimmerman is a scumbag and needs to be prosecuted. I don't know why though, but the thought of a LEO that feels that based upon what he has heard about someone, that can be sufficient reason to ruin someone's life. You certainly have the power to do so, don't you? It makes one wonder of your willingness to do so when given the opportunity. I am not saying you ever had or ever would. I just find it disturbing.

Here, I'll try to make this more clear. A man of whatever ethnic background profiles a kid minding his own business. THAT is factual based on Zimmerman's own words. He describes Martin as "suspicious (how)," and being "messed on something (what?)".
    He describes him as having his "hand in his waistband (which is coded language for he may be carrying a gun)". He states that he is following this "suspicious" person; of which apparently walking through a place you have a legal right to be qualifies. He is told to stay in his vehicle. He does not. Martin runs, and eventually he is caught up with by Zimmerman. After that, who knows what happens but, Martin, a kid that had not done a single thing wrong to warrant Zimmerman's attention ends up DEAD. The sun is never going to rise on his face again, because somebody had an overinflated ego.
    For that alone, I could care not if Zimmerman's life is ruined. It's just deserts for being stupid. I imagine that kid would rather have his life "ruined" than be in the ground.

Legally, Zimmerman may have been 100% justified, but he was the catalyst that resulted in Martin being dead. No Zimmerman, and Martin is still alive.

I'm not calling for his arrest and conviction. I'm calling him out for being stupid, and someone dying because of it.

Do you guys think that just because the facts allow someone to remain innocent, the circumstances involved shouldn't be considered in how they are perceived by society henceforth?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The president made no such prejudicial statement that I have seen. Do you have a link of a statement made by the president that would indicate creating bias concerning this case?

Obama: ‘If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon’

You don't find that this, coming from the President of the United States, who has no business even commenting at all in a local police matter, might possibly influence a potential, future jury?

Barack Hussein is without anything resembling decorum, class or integrity. He was raised mostly outside of the U.S., has no notion of the norms or customs of our culture or society, and crawled out from under a rock in the slimy world of Chicago politics. He is a national humiliation; one that was never vetted in 2008 by an agenda-driven media that desperately wanted a black man to be POTUS. He and his entire anti-American clan must go as soon as possible so this nation can begin to heal from the terrible scam which was perpetuated upon a mostly uneducated people.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Obama: ‘If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon’

You don't find that this, coming from the President of the United States, who has no business even commenting at all in a local police matter, might possibly influence a potential, future jury?

Barack Hussein is without anything resembling decorum, class or integrity. He was raised mostly outside of the U.S., has no notion of the norms or customs of our culture or society, and crawled out from under a rock in the slimy world of Chicago politics. He is a national humiliation; one that was never vetted in 2008 by an agenda-driven media that desperately wanted a black man to be POTUS. He and his entire anti-American clan must go as soon as possible so this nation can begin to heal from the terrible scam which was perpetuated upon a mostly uneducated people.

So you're a Sanford, Florida resident then? No? So why do you have any more right to comment on this case than Obama?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We can only hope you were trying to make a joke that failed? Maybe meant to use purple and forgot? Otherwise.......

You said the president has no right to comment on a LOCAL POLICE matter. If it's a LOCAL POLICE matter, why are you privelaged to comment on it but Obama is not? Is Obama not a person with personal opinions also?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Why? Just because of the color of his skin?? Zimmerman is someone's son too.

Maybe Obama's putative son could have found himself in the same position as Zimmerman. Who can say.

Why does BHO want to get out ahead of the justice system on this? Seems a trained attorney and legal "scholar" would let the system run its course.

You said the president has no right to comment on a LOCAL POLICE matter. If it's a LOCAL POLICE matter, why are you privelaged to comment on it but Obama is not? Is Obama not a person with personal opinions also?
    Sure he has a right. So do Rosie O'Donnell and Alan Alda.

It's different when the President voices his opinion, bully pulpit and all.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why? Just because of the color of his skin?? Zimmerman is someone's son too.

Maybe Obama's putative son could have found himself in the same position as Zimmerman. Who can say.

Why does BHO want to get out ahead of the justice system on this? Seems a trained attorney and legal "scholar" would let the system run its course.

Sure he has a right. So do Rosie O'Donnell and Alan Alda.

It's different when the President voices his opinion, bully pulpit and all.

Again, Zimmerman had zero interest in Martin's presumption of innocence. Now the tables are turned, Zimmerman believes he's entitled to the presumption of innocence?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom