• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Who said his neighbors are throwing him under the bus?

Although the simple fact is, we've got one group of people who will almost certainly riot if they don't get their way, right or wrong.

The other group likely wouldn't fire off a postcard to their congressman to stop Zimmerman from being executed.

Ignorant, active, and violent vs educated, complacent, and lazy...which side would you suck up to if you were a politician?

Welcome to you as well to the Klan. Wow, we have a lot of new racist Klan members in here.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Welcome to you as well to the Klan. Wow, we have a lot of new racist Klan members in here.

Well I'm sure you noticed you live in INDIANA, so it should be pretty well known many Klan members exist. Hell, in the 1920s, over 50% of the Indiana General Assembly were klan members.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well I'm sure you noticed you live in INDIANA, so it should be pretty well known many Klan members exist. Hell, in the 1920s, over 50% of the Indiana General Assembly were klan members.

Sorry... maybe you missed most of this conversation. We were being labeled Klansmen because we don't hate people wantng to help out their meighbors.

I'm about as racist as I am tan.... and I'm a Ginger. Although, I did date a girl who was adopted by the local head of the Klan once. She was "freaky", but he was freakier. They weren't freaky in the same way... if you catch my drift.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Coming from the guy with the most posts in this forum. All your posts are repetitive.... We get it... we dont want you as a neighbor!

2500+ posts representing your viewpoint. Maybe 5-600 representing mine. I'm clearly over represented here. I'm sorry.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Seems to me that a lot of you need to step back and take a deep breath. Rather than discussing the issue there is a lot of personal bickering going on.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest - Yahoo! News

Tragic, unfortunately, I am all too familiar with these type of "suspicious" calls. Though lacking in some facts, it appears that the "Captain" should be charged asap.

Rushing to judgement is always foolish. As the facts have come out, it appears more and more that the charges against Zimmerman are at LEAST trumped up. this entire matter is beginning to reek like the Duke Lacrosse rape case did.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    What I don't get is that even most of the people on Team Skittles here think Zimmerman didn't do anything illegal, yet he should stand trial anyway.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Any reason your singling me out and ignoring the rest of the name callers? I'm guessing it's because they agree with your position. Are they children to?

Yours was a convenient place to re-enter the conversation. And you appear to be throwing anything and everything out there to make a point. You seldom seem to answer a thoughtful question with a cogent answer and, at least in this thread, you seem to be acting childishly. I say that, not to call you names, but to answer your question.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I lived in Florida, in a HOA and this isnt quite how it works legally in Florida....Unless it is paid security for the HOA. Volunteers for community programs like neighborhood watch do so at their own risk. And are liable for their own actions. The community is not responsible for Volunteers doing something. They have to be employed or covered(Just read he was endorsed so they are liable) by the HOA for the HOA to be liable. But If they sue the HOA and win its only the HOA's insurance that takes the hit, not the individual residents pocketbooks.

And what happens when the HOA gets sued, and loses. The HOA's money comes from the dues, which come from the residents. Insurance only covers so much money. Usually just the legal bare minimum regardless of what state it is. Our HOA policy page in both states Ive owned houses in has no "hold harmless" addendums. I gather that is the case for pretty much every state. Someone is always held accountable and the residents are ultimately the employers of the HOA and its "official" cronies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    What I don't get is that even most of the people on Team Skittles here think Zimmerman didn't do anything illegal, yet he should stand trial anyway.

Well, IANAL, but it seems to me that if the Stand Your Ground defense doesn't apply to this case, as some seem to believe, then Z. probably does need to stand trial, if that is the standard for a self-defense shooting. Seems to me that SYG statute doesn't require a person to retreat before a threat and is designed to protect the person from frivolous lawsuits instituted by a defeated aggressor. Since the facts of the case - as presented by the Special Prosecutor - indicate otherwise, a trial is indicated to put all the available facts before a jury.

From everything we think we know, Z. doesn't sound like he's guilty, but we almost certainly don't know everything about this case.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    You can't retreat when you are on your back with a guy on top of you, so I would think retreat doesn't come into play. Up until that time he wasn't defending himself so retreating wasn't an issue.

Defense only came into play after he was sucker-punched to the ground and set upon. Therefore the "no duty to retreat" clause is moot. At least that's the way I see it. I don't think the defense is arguing SYG, are they? I think they are arguing pure self-defense.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Since the facts of the case - as presented by the Special Prosecutor - indicate otherwise, a trial is indicated to put all the available facts before a jury.
    I find this statement to be very odd. The facts of this case, as presented by the Special Prosecutor, do not indicate otherwise. The charging document made a lot of "statements of fact" about Zimmerman that the state's investigator did not even agree with on the stand. Furthermore, the 200 pages of evidence released so far do not back up her claims in that document. And Murder 2? Even the investigator that wanted to charge Zimmerman didn't want to charge him with that. He wanted Manslaughter because he felt Zimmerman had some culpability for getting out of his truck in the first place.

I hope the judge drops the case before trial and Zimmerman sues Corey for malicious prosecution. And wins.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I find this statement to be very odd. The facts of this case, as presented by the Special Prosecutor, do not indicate otherwise. The charging document made a lot of "statements of fact" about Zimmerman that the state's investigator did not even agree with on the stand. Furthermore, the 200 pages of evidence released so far do not back up her claims in that document. And Murder 2? Even the investigator that wanted to charge Zimmerman didn't want to charge him with that. He wanted Manslaughter because he felt Zimmerman had some culpability for getting out of his truck in the first place.

I hope the judge drops the case before trial and Zimmerman sues Corey for malicious prosecution. And wins.

I have always felt the prosecutors were headline hunting camera seekers. There was probably some racial pressure applied as well.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I have always felt the prosecutors were headline hunting camera seekers. There was probably some racial pressure applied as well.

This may be true, but I think it's just as likely that the prosecutor charged Zimmerman with murder 2 because they were worried about riots for a lesser charge.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This may be true, but I think it's just as likely that the prosecutor charged Zimmerman with murder 2 because they were worried about riots for a lesser charge.
    If that's the case then it would be highly unethical on the part of the prosecutor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom