• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And what do your nosy neighbors have to do with the case? Thinking that GZ shouldn't be punished to satisfy some issue you have is not putting him on a pedestal. As previously stated, it is perfectly legal for your neighbors to watch the weirdo who moved in next door. It's even legal for them to speak to your guests. It's legal for your guests to politely answer or tell them to get bent.

mY grandmother used to keep her binoculars near her and watch the neighbors all the time. what's that got to do with martin/Zimmerman? Nothing. Just like the obsessive compulsion our resident troll has to constantly bring up **** that's not related then call everyone else racist.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I don't want him to fry and I've said numerous times I'd vote to acquit him. For a forum that preaches personal responsibility so much, there is a lot of it takes a village to run a home mindset.

If I'm hiding in a bunker, you're at the local klan meeting.
    Why do you keep going back to the KKK or Klan thing. This is at least the second time youve mentioned it when someone quoted you?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Why do you keep going back to the KKK or Klan thing. This is at least the second time youve mentioned it when someone quoted you?

Anyone who is Pro-Zimmerman is Anti-Black.

So thats why the KKK references obviously.

That part I understand.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Same reason people insist on going back to the coward hiding in a basement thing. I'm no more of a coward hiding in a basement than anyone here is a racist. But since name calling and mud slinging seems to be the cool thing to do here, we can all participate, correct?

I'm not accusing anyone of being racist. Using it to illustrate a point but double standards are alive and well here.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    So I posted something about everyone deserves a fair and unbiased trial, not saying a single thing about who I felt was at fault. I only was posted sensible things without saying how I felt on the trial on the "Arrest George Zimmerman" facebook page. Since I believe that everyone should get a fair trial and not go straight to the execute him phase, I am a "Zimmermite".

The facebook page, btw, which they promote as being one sided for Martin.
    Arrest George Zimmerman | Facebook

Then the admin posted this.
    Lol I just got banned too for showing alot of their reports and links are not factual... took less than 2 minutes...

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Same reason people insist on going back to the coward hiding in a basement thing. I'm no more of a coward hiding in a basement than anyone here is a racist. But since name calling and mud slinging seems to be the cool thing to do here, we can all participate, correct?

I'm not accusing anyone of being racist. Using it to illustrate a point but double standards are alive and well here.
    Right because saying your hiding in the basement is exactly the same as calling someone a racist! Good point....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Where exactly do property rights factor into this? You contract with an HOA and your neighbors for community services and areas then complain that your property rights are violated when the HOA acts within that covenant. These people in GZs areas had a choice, they chose the HOA. How about respecting their choice?

We will see how many of those who chose this NWG squirm if they get named in a lawsuit.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So if your neighbor shoots me i can sue you? Not quite how an HOA or neighborhood watch works...

Is the HOA or NWG chartered, official, etc? Wasn't Zimmerman's name listed in a document as being a neighborhood watch captain? Are they required to have insurance for such instances? Is the HOA on the hook for Zimmerman's medical bills?

If the answer is no to all of the above, they're asking him to be NWC and leaving him hung out to dry when it's convenient for them? Some articles say the Martins have filed suit against the neighborhood and some say they haven't.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    So if your neighbor shoots me i can sue you? Not quite how an HOA or neighborhood watch works...

That is exactly how it works in our old neighborhood. Anything the official watch group did or anything else that happened on our common grounds grounds in general could ultimately name us (homeowners) liable in a suit. I specifically remember reading about that when we signed on the dotted line before building our house years ago. After I read it, my wife and I had a conversation about whether we wanted to be a part of such stupidity. (And sadly we did. lol)

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Is the HOA or NWG chartered, official, etc? Wasn't Zimmerman's name listed in a document as being a neighborhood watch captain? Are they required to have insurance for such instances? Is the HOA on the hook for Zimmerman's medical bills?

If the answer is no to all of the above, they're asking him to be NWC and leaving him hung out to dry when it's convenient for them? Some articles say the Martins have filed suit against the neighborhood and some say they haven't.
    So if they are chartered, then it means they would have to be bonded more than likely, and it would also mean they have an agreement with the city, so the city would be liable too. But if what your saying is true then its also Martin's father's girlfriends fault too? She lives there...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That is exactly how it works in our old neighborhood. Anything the official watch group did or anything else that happened on our common grounds grounds in general could ultimately name us (homeowners) liable in a suit. I specifically remember reading about that when we signed on the dotted line before building our house years ago.

I'm looking forward to see if Zimmerman's neighbors are going to be neighborly and help Zimmerman or if they are going to hide in their basement when the collection hat is passed around.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Actually, they could have respondeat superior liability depending on what they actually asked GZ to do and whether he was acting within the scope of that request. The HOA may be hoping he's convicted so they can claim that he committed a criminal act outside the scope of any agency relationship. I do believe that a suit against the HOA was filed within days of this breaking on national news. None of that has anything to do with the rightness or wrongness of GZ's actions.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So if they are chartered, then it means they would have to be bonded more than likely, and it would also mean they have an agreement with the city, so the city would be liable too. But if what your saying is true then its also Martin's father's girlfriends fault too? She lives there...

I would say so. She asked for the NWG by living there, right?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    That is exactly how it works in our old neighborhood. Anything the official watch group did or anything else that happened on our common grounds grounds in general could ultimately name us (homeowners) liable in a suit. I specifically remember reading about that when we signed on the dotted line before building our house years ago. After I read it, my wife and I had a conversation about whether we wanted to be a part of such stupidity. (And sadly we did. lol)
    I lived in Florida, in a HOA and this isnt quite how it works legally in Florida....Unless it is paid security for the HOA. Volunteers for community programs like neighborhood watch do so at their own risk. And are liable for their own actions. The community is not responsible for Volunteers doing something. They have to be employed or covered(Just read he was endorsed so they are liable) by the HOA for the HOA to be liable. But If they sue the HOA and win its only the HOA's insurance that takes the hit, not the individual residents pocketbooks.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Is the HOA or NWG chartered, official, etc?
    Yes, the HOA is official. Yes, the NWG is also official. The SPD met with them, set them up, and had them choose their "captain." They chose Zimmerman in the presence of the SPD. Here is their sign.

1332460226113.cached.jpg

Are they required to have insurance for such instances?
    HOA's have insurance, not sure it has to be amended if they set up a NWG. The SPD NW handbook doesn't address that.
    Is the HOA on the hook for Zimmerman's medical bills?
    I wouldn't think so, but that doesn't mean they can't get sued for that or anything else, though.
    If the answer is no to all of the above
    It's not "no" to all of the above.
    Some articles say the Martins have filed suit against the neighborhood and some say they haven't.
    Lawsuits are public documents. Look it up.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom