• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    No idea (in regards to this case), but I would think that it would have to exceed 3 or 4 feet, which would kinda debunk him shooting him while on the ground.
    That is the impression I am getting.
    Intermediate range means Zimmerman is BAD and he shot Martin when he could have retreated.
    Keep watching though, I believe that this 'intermediate range' report will get destroyed in cross examination.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Can someone define "intermediate range"

I could see it meaning, Zimmerman was able to push Martin off him and tried to back away and when the kid came after him again he fired as he was being charged.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying I necessarily believe this, I'm just pointing out how it could have happened to justify the report, and then the media wants to twist the story to fit the narrative again)

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Hell, so are you saying all that 50 ft pistol shooting is useless if all I need to defend myself against are 17 year old black kids with skittles who suddenly decide to beat my face in?

Intermediate range is 6 inches to 6 feet....

SON. What is long range then ?

That an easy shot lemme tell you what.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In one of the comments someone said that intermediate range is from 6 inches to 2 feet. Not sure if that's true or not.

A forensic guy on the Today show this morning said that means 2-4 inches.

So with GZ's broken nose, TM's skinned knuckles and a shot that close it appears they were likely engaged in hand to hand when the shot was fired. Hard to imagine there wasn't a struggle for the gun at that point. Just from a layman's view, it sounds more supportive of the defense.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like "intermediate range" could mean anything that anyone wants it to mean to fit their narrative.

Hmmmm...seems to be alot of that going on in this case.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Zimmerman has a black grandfather or great grandfather. Heard that on the Radio today.
    Rush did a solid half hour running down all the info in his own special way. Very entertaining and somewhat enlightening.

You have a very strong stomach if you can listen to a piece of trash like Rush for 30 minutes straight. While I could never respect him, I respect that you can stomach listening to someone mostly spout opinions that are inflammatory or just plain ignorant.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    The whole thing is a shame really. I'm trying to be careful about it all, as the natural knee jerk reaction for me is to want to see Zimmerman in prison, although I don't know even half the facts so I'm trying to reserve judgement until some more info comes to light.

Regardless, the whole thing is pretty messed up. I just hope some sort of justice is served in the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom