• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think they realize they lost white public opinion and will now start up a full scale smear campaign to change that. I wouldn't believe anything that is said about the guy at this point.

they will get slaughtered for trying to paint this as a hate crime.

His mentoring black youth's and protesting the PD for the cop's son beating a black homeless guy pretty much show he's not a racist.

Now that this isn't on the news every single night now that people actually know what happened, wouldn't suprise me to see the case dropped before long.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    A hate crime resulting in death IS a capital offense.
    Well, this is news to me, and I stand corrected if you are right. Hate crime penalties used to be just double the sentence, but the death penalty was out since it was changed to a federal homicide crime. Remember when the three white supremacists dragged James Byrd, Jr to death in Texas? They were eligible for the death penalty under Texas law. Byrd's family complained and wanted them to be charged with a federal hate crime, which if convicted would have resulted in a lesser sentence than death under Texas law! This never made sense to me. I don't think they really understood the penalty ramifications but rather acted on emotion.

Hmmmm...a quick, cursory google check shows I am right (I think). The death penalty is removed under the Hate Crimes legislation. Even in the newest version that Obama signed in 2009 it was removed.

Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard_and_James_Byrd,_Jr._Hate_Crimes_Prevention_Act

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They keep showing young happy Travon on the local and National news. WTF. Just show his internet pics. Puts a whole new light on the nice smiling young boy they are trying to shove down our throats. It is so blatant. This kid was big enough to go with any average adult.
    I do not mean "Was" in the past tense.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    fullscreen_capture_4262012_70116_am.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    More inconvenient facts...

I noticed on the Today show, they are stressing that he went to his own personal family doctor rather than the hospital... like that has an obvious meeting.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Nobody is recognizing the fact that GZ had just endured a TBI. The police on the scene should have noticed, and made some decisions about medical care for GZ. If the trial gets that far, I hope, O'Mara, will raise the point.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Surely the prosecution knew all about Z's injuries and treatment.

On the Today Show report from Michael Isikoff, they showed the lead detective during the prior court hearing. He testified they did not have that report. Only knew about it from news reports. The defense attorney offered him a copy.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The comment said...
    "A civil suit opened up no only George Zimmerman to being sued, but also the police department, the County, and the State of Florida."

And under what basis is the police department, county and state responsible for Zimmerman? The only people I can see having any potential liability is Zimmerman and the neighborhood watch group, ie, the HOA.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And under what basis is the police department, county and state responsible for Zimmerman? The only people I can see having any potential liability is Zimmerman and the neighborhood watch group, ie, the HOA.

The police dept did not respond quickly enough to Z's call and could have prevented the "wrongful death". The County for not dispatching officers fast enough. THe State for improper training.

Remember, we're talking about money grubbing lawyers here. THey will find a way to sue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom