Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I already know all the facts that temper my opinion.
    -Martin was doing nothing wrong initially
    -Zimmerman didn't like the way Martin "looked" so he followed him
    -Zimmerman didn't want to wait for the police so he got out of his truck
    -Martin had no idea if Zimmerman was friend or foe, and attempted to evade him
    -Confrontation ensues
    -Martin Dead
    -Dead men (sorry juveniles) tell no tales

Zimmerman's actions were dumb, and possibly quite legal, and yet someone lost their life. Someone commits a dumb legal act that directly, or incorrectly, causes someone to lose their life, I HAVE NO ISSUE with their life being henceforth ruined. I'm sure they are plenty of people that would rather have a ruined life than be dead.

Sue me, sometime the court of public opinion carries more weight.

And we're back where we started.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Then we will expect the same sentiment if you or another officer ever makes a mistake in your official capacity and something bad happens. I wont be holding my breath though.

You don't need to hold your breath, if I do anything as remotely stupid as that, I will take lumps knowing I should have known better. If another officer does something so dumb, you won't find me supporting them either. Like having a gun, there's a common sense factor in having a badge. If one thinks that a gun OR badge grants them magical powers, then they probably shouldn't have either.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Too soon for "thread needs a hoodie" joke?

funny i was thinking about posting a picture of skittles or something!

great minds think a like! prolly says a lot for me.... not so much for you :D

oh i better do a disclaimer the way everyone gets ass chapped on here i meant that i am prolly better off thinking like you than you thinking like me...... carry on

:D

jake

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You don't need to hold your breath, if I do anything as remotely stupid as that, I will take lumps knowing I should have known better. If another officer does something so dumb, you won't find me supporting them either. Like having a gun, there's a common sense factor in having a badge. If one thinks that a gun OR badge grants them magical powers, then they probably shouldn't have either.

By "lumps" do you mean a paid vacation until the internal investigation is complete.:D

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    -Confrontation ensues
    -Martin Dead

[STRIKE]You listed exactly one fact.[/STRIKE]

Ok, two facts. We know a confrontation ensued, because we have witnesses to the fact that two people were involved in some sort of altercation.

Looks like we have our own Detective Gilbreath here!

Last edited:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    -Confrontation ensues
    -Martin Dead
    -Dead men (sorry juveniles) tell no tales

Zimmerman's actions were dumb, and possibly quite legal, and yet someone lost their life. Someone commits a dumb legal act that directly, or incorrectly, causes someone to lose their life, I HAVE NO ISSUE with their life being henceforth ruined. I'm sure they are plenty of people that would rather have a ruined life than be dead.

1. You have no idea what Martin was doing. Considering the strong evidence of criminal activity we already have, it's at least plausible that he wasn't simply walking home from buying skittles.

2. Are you telling me that as a police officer you've never ever ever thought that somebody was acting suspicious and followed them a bit? Because if that's the case, you're a worthless cop. Or a liar.

3. Zimmerman's story (I think) is that he was looking for an address to give the police and none was visible from the street. Even if he got out to pursue Martin, there's still no evidence that he continued pursuit after the dispatcher said they didn't need him to follow Martin.

4. Martin may not have known Zimmerman's intentions, this is true. It is however a factual falsehood that he attempted to run away. Martin had time to run home like 5 times over before the confrontation. If he wanted to avoid the situation he had way more than ample time to evade Zimmerman and go home.

5. A confrontation ensued, but who started it? Was it 28 year old Zimmerman chasing down and catching up to the high school football player Martin? Lawl. Or rather, did Martin ditch Zimmerman, then come back to start a confrontation? Or some other combination. As far as Zimmerman's stupidity is concerned, this is a pretty ****ing vital bit of information that we don't know at all.

There are 5 really really really crucial bits of information that you assume you know as a fact. But you don't, and neither does anyone else. You're of course free to formulate a really harsh judgement on Zimmerman based upon speculation and one falsehood, but being free to do so doesn't make it not stupid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [STRIKE]You listed exactly one fact.[/STRIKE]

Ok, two facts. We know a confrontation ensued, because we have witnesses to the fact that two people were involved in some sort of altercation.

Looks like we have our own Detective Gilbreath here!

Point by point, which facts are incorrect?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Edited​

I'm hoping that all the facts didn't come from the media.

Again, how do you know that his actions were "dumb"? The witness accounts, which are incredibly one sided, are fairly sketchy.

Oh, you are relying upon circumstantial evidence as reported by the press. Yeah, uncorroborated physical evidence can never be wrong. :rolleyes:

This is why hearsay isn't admissible in sworn testimony, and due process is what it is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Facts have no meaning when you have already decided that you WANT to ruin a man's life.

Absolutely! Then, after being wrongly run through the mill, the best you will ever get from the .gov following malicious prosecution is 'oops'--and that is on a good day. Of course the media will absolutely never admit having been wrong, even after maliciously accusing, trying, and wrongfully convicting people in the court of public opinion.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Point by point, which facts are incorrect?

Here you go. Apparently reading isn't your strong suite.

1. You have no idea what Martin was doing. Considering the strong evidence of criminal activity we already have, it's at least plausible that he wasn't simply walking home from buying skittles.

2. Are you telling me that as a police officer you've never ever ever thought that somebody was acting suspicious and followed them a bit? Because if that's the case, you're a worthless cop. Or a liar.

3. Zimmerman's story (I think) is that he was looking for an address to give the police and none was visible from the street. Even if he got out to pursue Martin, there's still no evidence that he continued pursuit after the dispatcher said they didn't need him to follow Martin.

4. Martin may not have known Zimmerman's intentions, this is true. It is however a factual falsehood that he attempted to run away. Martin had time to run home like 5 times over before the confrontation. If he wanted to avoid the situation he had way more than ample time to evade Zimmerman and go home.

5. A confrontation ensued, but who started it? Was it 28 year old Zimmerman chasing down and catching up to the high school football player Martin? Lawl. Or rather, did Martin ditch Zimmerman, then come back to start a confrontation? Or some other combination. As far as Zimmerman's stupidity is concerned, this is a pretty ****ing vital bit of information that we don't know at all.

There are 5 really really really crucial bits of information that you assume you know as a fact. But you don't, and neither does anyone else. You're of course free to formulate a really harsh judgement on Zimmerman based upon speculation and one falsehood, but being free to do so doesn't make it not stupid.

You stated a bunch of OPINIONS that you are passing out as FACT. There's a big difference.

But then this says it all:

Facts have no meaning when you have already decided that you WANT to ruin a man's life.

I mean, you've already made up your mind that man must pay. Didn't need a jury, a judge or even a case. You're judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one. Just reminds me how ****ed up Carmel's finest truely are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom