• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You know even if it gets dismissed, the creeps have ruined Zimmermans peace of mind, he'll always be looking for someone to get him. Thats tragic if he really is completely innocent of any crime.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know even if it gets dismissed, the creeps have ruined Zimmermans peace of mind, he'll always be looking for someone to get him. Thats tragic if he really is completely innocent of any crime.

IF doesn't come into play........... we'll never know. All ever know is whether there is enough to convict or not. And of course one can be guilty, and still not be convicted.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    IF doesn't come into play........... we'll never know. All ever know is whether there is enough to convict or not. And of course one can be guilty, and still not be convicted.

The more tragic, of course, is one be innocent of the crime and still be tried....and quite possibly convicted.

For all the complaining that is heard of the criminal justice system that caters to the criminal, the Mike Nifongs of the world are out there everyday, using their prosecutorial discretion to pursue their own political agendas.

Such is the case with Zimmerman, as a Grand Jury was never convened.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The more tragic, of course, is one be innocent of the crime and still be tried....and quite possibly convicted.

For all the complaining that is heard of the criminal justice system that caters to the criminal, the Mike Nifongs of the world are out there everyday, using their prosecutorial discretion to pursue their own political agendas.

Such is the case with Zimmerman, as a Grand Jury was never convened.

Innocent and convicted, certainly tragic. Innocent and tired, perfectly acceptable.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Innocent and tired, perfectly acceptable.

Well, with the exception of being financially ruined from having to hire an attorney to defend a bogus attempt at putting your can in jail for a politically expedient reason and having the specter of being put on trial in your community hanging over your head for the rest of your life I don't see the downside either.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, with the exception of being financially ruined from having to hire an attorney to defend a bogus attempt at putting your can in jail for a politically expedient reason and having the specter of being put on trial in your community hanging over your head for the rest of your life I don't see the downside either.

Sometimes that's the consequences of being dumb.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    he wouldnt be the first or last if this is the case to be sacrificed for political reasons. i have no clue tho, i quit trying to learn the truth on this case a long time ago

jake

There in lies the rub bub...no truth out there that can be seen. All mixed in with the MSM political crap.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sometimes that's the consequences of being dumb.

So your position is that being dumb is acceptable enough for arrest, incarceration pending the conclusion of trial (weeks to months...and sometimes years), criminal trial, and subsequent financial ruin for the person arrested, as well as for his family.....so long as there is no conviction.

Yeah, that's perfectly logical. :rolleyes:

ETA: .....with liberty, and justice, for all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So your position is that being dumb is acceptable enough for arrest, incarceration pending trial, criminal trial, and subsequent financial ruin for the person arrested, as well as for his family.....so long as there is no conviction.

I think he's just saying that dumb has its consequences. Even so, these are extraordinary unnatural circumstances contributing to the consequence.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I think he's just saying that dumb has its consequences. Even so, these are extraordinary unnatural circumstances contributing to the consequence.

I agree with consequences for being dumb.

Though I also believe that too many are too often victimized by those with a little bit of power, and that there are those in power that will pursue a political purpose, with the expressed reason to ruin a person or persons.....regardless of the consequences.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So your position is that being dumb is acceptable enough for arrest, incarceration pending the conclusion of trial (weeks to months...and sometimes years), criminal trial, and subsequent financial ruin for the person arrested, as well as for his family.....so long as there is no conviction.

Innocent until proven guilty is only for the Intelligentsia.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

He was on record back at the start of this thread that the man's life should be ruined without any real investigation or due process. So at least he is consistent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He was on record back at the start of this thread that the man's life should be ruined without any real investigation or due process. So at least he is consistent.

I already know all the facts that temper my opinion.
    -Martin was doing nothing wrong initially
    -Zimmerman didn't like the way Martin "looked" so he followed him
    -Zimmerman didn't want to wait for the police so he got out of his truck
    -Martin had no idea if Zimmerman was friend or foe, and attempted to evade him
    -Confrontation ensues
    -Martin Dead
    -Dead men (sorry juveniles) tell no tales

Zimmerman's actions were dumb, and possibly quite legal, and yet someone lost their life. Someone commits a dumb legal act that directly, or incorrectly, causes someone to lose their life, I HAVE NO ISSUE with their life being henceforth ruined. I'm sure they are plenty of people that would rather have a ruined life than be dead.

Sue me, sometime the court of public opinion carries more weight.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I already know all the facts that temper my opinion.
    -Martin was doing nothing wrong initially
    -Zimmerman didn't like the way Martin "looked" so he followed him
    -Zimmerman didn't want to wait for the police so he got out of his truck
    -Martin had no idea if Zimmerman was friend or foe, and attempted to evade him
    -Confrontation ensues
    -Martin Dead
    -Dead men (sorry juveniles) tell no tales

Zimmerman's actions were dumb, and possibly quite legal, and yet someone lost their life. Someone commits a dumb legal act that directly, or incorrectly, causes someone to lose their life, I HAVE NO ISSUE with their life being henceforth ruined. I'm sure they are plenty of people that would rather have a ruined life than be dead.

Sue me, sometime the court of public opinion carries more weight.

Then we will expect the same sentiment if you or another officer ever makes a mistake in your official capacity and something bad happens. I wont be holding my breath though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom