Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you hold your breathe for as long as it took the police to arrive after Zimmerman called them..... your face would almost be purple enough. Of course you'd be dead....:dunno:

Then you could have passed as Barney's son... if you were also a dinosaur of course...

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    It is amusing some of the Zimmerman detractors here. He reenacted the whole thing three separate times for the police. At no point did the police let him know what eye witness testimony was, although they used all their tricks to try to trip him up. He did not have a friendly interrogation. Yet, all during that, his story didn't change AND it matched up with what eyewitnesses saw. If he indeed cornered Trayvon for some stupid reason (highly illogical), he would not know if that was witnessed and he would have fried himself if it was.

And as has been noted elsewhere, at the bond hearing O'Mara essentially forced Gilbreath to admit that the PCA was a work of fiction.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, I address the facts that I asserted.

1. You have no idea what Martin was doing. Considering the strong evidence of criminal activity we already have, it's at least plausible that he wasn't simply walking home from buying skittles.

My statement: -Martin was doing nothing wrong initially
    Perhaps I should have stated that nothing was presented that indicated that martin was doing anything wrong. Walking and looking at houses, having your hand in a waistband are not illegal. Zimmerman never articulates ANY wrongdoing by Martin, and clearly states that he is "suspicious." Suspicious rather than doing "X,Y,Z" criminal act. I never heard of a person calling in a person, and NOT articulating criminal activity when such is occurring to inspire a quicker police response.
    As a matter of fact, Zimmerman states word-for-word "he looks like he's up to no good." If "looking" like you're up to "no good" qualifies as criminal behavior to you.... well... hopefully you get the point.
    But nevertheless, I will retract the claim, of fact, that Martin was doing nothing wrong.

Clarified: Martin was not articulated to be committing any crime based on the information we currently have.

2. Are you telling me that as a police officer you've never ever ever thought that somebody was acting suspicious and followed them a bit? Because if that's the case, you're a worthless cop. Or a liar.

Inflammatory remarks aside. I have indeed followed a person that was acting suspicious. FYI walking a 7pm and being black doesn't qualify. If a person is acting suspicious, I will immediately make myself known to them.

It is a FACT that Zimmerman did not like the way Martin "looked." Had the person been a neighbor that Zimmerman recognized, he never would have taken so much interest in him.

3. Zimmerman's story (I think) is that he was looking for an address to give the police and none was visible from the street. Even if he got out to pursue Martin, there's still no evidence that he continued pursuit after the dispatcher said they didn't need him to follow Martin.

You got it right when you said "story." If Zimmerman is the neighborhood Watch Captain, and given how devoted he appeared to be, shouldn't he be fairly well aware of the streets, and building numbers, of the relatively small complex in which he resided? He didn't even have an idea of where he was and the building numbers of the road? C'mon seriously, that's believable?

4. Martin may not have known Zimmerman's intentions, this is true. It is however a factual falsehood that he attempted to run away. Martin had time to run home like 5 times over before the confrontation. If he wanted to avoid the situation he had way more than ample time to evade Zimmerman and go home.

I never stated run away, I stated "evade" which is factual.

5. A confrontation ensued, but who started it? Was it 28 year old Zimmerman chasing down and catching up to the high school football player Martin? Lawl. Or rather, did Martin ditch Zimmerman, then come back to start a confrontation? Or some other combination. As far as Zimmerman's stupidity is concerned, this is a pretty ****ing vital bit of information that we don't know at all.

I again didn't make a claim that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. I said factually, a confrontation ensued.

There are 5 really really really crucial bits of information that you assume you know as a fact. But you don't, and neither does anyone else. You're of course free to formulate a really harsh judgement on Zimmerman based upon speculation and one falsehood, but being free to do so doesn't make it not stupid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think the busted nose and bashed head say that it is a fact. But don't let that keep you from handing out tickets on465 instead of checking out suspicious activities.

So a busted nose and bashed head means that some one was assaulted, first? So if you punch a guy in the nose, and he starts handing you your butt, You get to claim that he started the confrontation?

You fail at logic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's in the police report, as Zimmerman's statement, and there's no evidence to contradict it.

There is apparently one eye witness, "John", to the fight, but not the beginning.

Just because there is no evidence to contradict does not make it fact. Agree or disagree? :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I really just say I am not surprised. We can't even get Carmel pd to take care of one douchebag on a C63 AMG that runs people off the road every day. Every. Damn. Day. Same time, multiple complaints and nothing.

So for one of their finest to play lawyer, judge and executioner on here is really no surprise.

Nope, I'm just playing guy with an opinion. Which is, much to your chagrin (you will probably want to look it up), is my right.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Nope, I'm just playing guy with an opinion. Which is, much to your chagrin (you will probably want to look it up), is my right.

Interesting... the guy making up the facts wants to give me a vocabulary lesson? I think you need to put the donuts down and find a hobby.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

That's a Pokemon isn't it?

Chagrin - I choose you....... use logic fail - fact make up attack!

14042_pokemon04_01.jpg

"Chagrinnnnnnnn"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Interesting... the guy making up the facts wants to give me a vocabulary lesson? I think you need to put the donuts down and find a hobby.

Here's another lesson. Proper nouns are always capitalized; things like ohhhh, a screen name.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a Pokemon isn't it?

Chagrin - I choose you....... use logic fail - fact make up attack!

14042_pokemon04_01.jpg

"Chagrinnnnnnnn"

I'm sure you would know if it were a Pokemon much better than I. If you take the child lock off your PC, you might have access to an adult dictionary; containing the definition you're looking for.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? You can't discuss anything like a reasonable person so now you resort to this bull****? Wow.... I can just imagine how good of a cop you are. :rolleyes:

And what's even more amazing is that you aren't smart enough to get the irony.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The irony that you still believe a person should be ruined for life because you said so? That you've ignored the facts presented and still maintain that you're right? The irony that you would never follow a suspicious person, walking aimlessly at night in the rain in an area that has seen a lot of recent crime?

I see your "irony". :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The irony that you still believe a person should be ruined for life because you said so? That you've ignored the facts presented and still maintain that you're right? The irony that you would never follow a suspicious person, walking aimlessly at night in the rain in an area that has seen a lot of recent crime?

I see your "irony". :rolleyes:

It is also apparent, that you do not know what the word "irony" means either

***sigh***

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom