• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Race baiting is dliberatly communicating in such a way to incite anger toward another race. Especially since neither party in this case is even white, I think what you claim is race baiting here is not forum members trying to incite anger against blacks, but is instead expressing indignation for the real race baiters who have successfully incited violence against white people.

Holding hands and singing kumbaya wont fix that.

That's exactly what I meant.

How do you propose we fix the animosity?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    According to one of our resident experts, you should have called the police and then cowered in your basement until they arrived. You two were asking for a beating.

Keep making stuff up.

Cower in your basement? No. Becoming cannon fodder for the anti gunovement so I can become the hero of the neighborhood? No. Waiting until there is sufficient evidence to act? Yes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

By you not posting things just to stir the pot because of your own personal vendetta against busybodies.

Oh you meant all the racial stuff...nevermind.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think white people are tired of being called racist, I know I am. Most white people I know want to live in a society where race doesn't matter, including me. But race will always matter as long as minority "leaders" have nothing to lose and everything to gain when race does matter.

But really, the so called racial animosity isn't even racial. The Left and especially people of color, like to label Conservatives as racists. To one of my Left leaning friends of color I pointed out that for quite some time a black man led the polls for the Republican nomination for POTUS. If Conservative Republicans were so "racist" how could they support a black candidate? She said that he acts white so he might as well be white. But she's confusing cultural and political differences for racial ones, and she's not the only one that does this.

Black people didn't support Clarence Thomas because he acts "white". What the hell is that? Clarence Thomas is black regardless of how he acts. He can't change his race by behavior. BTW, my friend also said that Z is white because he was raised in a white culture. :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think white people are tired of being called racist, I know I am. Most white people I know want to live in a society where race doesn't matter, including me. But race will always matter as long as minority "leaders" have nothing to lose and everything to gain when race does matter.

But really, the so called racial animosity isn't even racial. The Left and especially people of color, like to label Conservatives as racists. To one of my Left leaning friends of color I pointed out that for quite some time a black man led the polls for the Republican nomination for POTUS. If Conservative Republicans were so "racist" how could they support a black candidate? She said that he acts white so he might as well be white. But she's confusing cultural and political differences for racial ones, and she's not the only one that does this.

Black people didn't support Clarence Thomas because he acts "white". What the hell is that? Clarence Thomas is black regardless of how he acts. He can't change his race by behavior. BTW, my friend also said that Z is white because he was raised in a white culture. :dunno:

I agree with this but how do we fix it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    According to one of our resident experts, you should have called the police and then cowered in your basement until they arrived. You two were asking for a beating.

Not looking for or wanting to give out a beating. Just putting questionable activity in a spotlight. All the regular locals know us and respect us for standing our ground. The walkers or wanderers are usually taken by surprise when (most time not from the area) someone will not back off or "Cower" in the basement waiting on LEO to save the day. That is what thugs rely on, fear. Show them no fear and 99% will fad away. The 1% that stand their ground find out what he price for that is. Things stay fairly quite around here for that reason.
    Not knocking our resident "Experts" but every area, every situation is different. If you let things slide where you live, your call. We do not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with this but how do we fix it?

Will not happen in our lifetime. Black son in law say's they are raised from birth (not all but many) with this outlook on how things are. There is much work to do before any real progress can be made. The more ground you give towards understanding is taken and abused by those leaders in the black community we all have mentioned in these threads. JMHO

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Will not happen in our lifetime. Black son in law say's they are raised from birth (not all but many) with this outlook on how things are. There is much work to do before any real progress can be made. The more ground you give towards understanding is taken and abused by those leaders in the black community we all have mentioned in these threads. JMHO

How is perpetuating an us vs them mindset going to fix it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How is perpetuating an us vs them mindset going to fix it?

Are you really that silly??????????

This is not a fixable issue until these idiots are arrested, tried in open court and held in jail. Even that does not seem to fix it. We are sheeple to those who would "lurk about" and take our stuff. This is not totally raced based either.
    You tell me how to fix something that started with the welfare state and has progressed into what we are now dealing with. There is no "Fix" until folks start policing themselves and their activity's.
    Am I to just watch as our property is molested by the malcontents that move among us. Is that what you would do.
    It is an us versus them. By that I mean the Malcontents. To think otherwise is to be in denial.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do we fix it? We (that is to say, my racial group) can't. There are two sides to this. Much of the "fixing" has been ongoing for the majority side. Over the past 40 years especially, each new generation is less racially biased than the last. This hasn't happened much at all on the minority side. To make progress we had to admit some things about our collective behavior. To make progress on the other side, they'll have to do the same.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Keep making stuff up.

Cower in your basement? No. Becoming cannon fodder for the anti gunovement so I can become the hero of the neighborhood? No. Waiting until there is sufficient evidence to act? Yes.
    Thats all Zimmerman was doing, looking for sufficient evidence, following a stranger in his gated community to see what he was doing. Then he did or didnt return to his car... make up your mind....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do we fix it? We (that is to say, my racial group) can't. There are two sides to this. Much of the "fixing" has been ongoing for the majority side. Over the past 40 years especially, each new generation is less racially biased than the last. This hasn't happened much at all on the minority side. To make progress we had to admit some things about our collective behavior. To make progress on the other side, they'll have to do the same.

Are you a man of color. I ask only to clarify your statement.
    Yes, there is work to do all around. My kids are more open to mixed relations etc. Than I was growing up and my parents were horrified by that. I have learned much from my kids and from the young folks of color that are in our lives. Daughter engaged to a hard working and honest young black man, grandaughter is mixed and the best of us all. I see hope but we have a way to go.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you a man of color. I ask only to clarify your statement.
    Yes, there is work to do all around. My kids are more open to mixed relations etc. Than I was growing up and my parents were horrified by that. I have learned much from my kids and from the young folks of color that are in our lives. Daughter engaged to a hard working and honest young black man, grandaughter is mixed and the best of us all. I see hope but we have a way to go.
    Sorry. Apparently I didn't imply strongly enough that I'm in the most racially hated group by leftists (middle aged balding white guy).

My point was that whites have made progress generation by generation, but the minority seems stuck in the same attitudes they had when I was a kid. Even if we became as racially agnostic as could be achieved, race will still matter as long as the minority side makes no progress. In other words, it's time for the Progressives to start progressing. But no one on a national stage can say that.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Sorry. Apparently I didn't imply strongly enough that I'm in the most racially hated group by leftists (middle aged balding white guy).

My point was that whites have made progress generation by generation, but the minority seems stuck in the same attitudes they had when I was a kid. Even if we became as racially agnostic as could be achieved, race will still matter as long as the minority side makes no progress. In other words, it's time for the Progressives to start progressing. But no one on a national stage can say that.

To a lot of them, progression is achieved by pulling the rest of us down, a little at a time. That they have achieved.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Why is it "not lawful" that a charge be made? The government can charge you with just about anything. Even here in Indiana you can be "charged" for defending yourself regardless of how innocent or justified you think you were. Even in a blatantly cut and dry case you can be "charged"

A "charge" does not mean "guilt". He must still be convicted.

Now was the decision to "charge" "wrong/stupid". Well let's see. Probably "smart" and therefore "right" in that it will appease the outraged masses...

Go back and reread my post, and then try responding to what I actually wrote. I was asking if Corey's "lawful" action of charging Z could still be stupid/wrong. Not Z's actions, Corey's.

Yes, many "courageous" acts would be called "stupid", especially by cowards.

Now thats a really funny little thinly veiled insult there which also doesn't respond to what I wrote.

Joe

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Go back and reread my post, and then try responding to what I actually wrote. I was asking if Corey's "lawful" action of charging Z could still be stupid/wrong. Not Z's actions, Corey's.

Of course it still could be "stupid/wrong" however those terms are subjective. Charging Z could be seen as "smart" (as I pointed out) and "right" as it would appease the outraged masses. It could be seen as "stupid/wrong" if the evidence supports Z's story.

My point is that regardless of if an action is "stupid/wrong" from yours or someone else's point of view. If their actions were not "unlawful" then allowing ourselves to be drawn into the "stupid/wrong - smart/right" argument when we should only be focusing on if Z's actions were "unlawful" is, IMO "stupid/wrong".

now if you want to talk about tactics and strategy and are commenting on your opinion regarding Z's use or lack of use of them that is a different subject. IMO "bad tactics" isn't, in most cases, "unlawful".

Now thats a really funny little thinly veiled insult there which also doesn't respond to what I wrote.

Joe

I do not thinly veil my insults. If I intended to call you a coward I would call you one.

I am remarking that it is something commonly done by those individuals who would advocate non o0r minimal involvement, due to fear of personal risk, Such individuals often classify acts of "courage" as "stupid" or "rash". In fact there is a rather long conversation on another thread involving that exact subject.

Of course there are those who also advocate non or minimal involvement purely for selfish reasons which have nothing to do with fear of personal risk, they just don't care.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom