• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Finding an impartial jury that has not already been swayed by the media or intimidated by the Black Panthers is going to be next to impossible.
    There's more than 12 people in this thread alone who are not intimidated by the NBPs. Heck, a few may even be impartial.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Its pretty weak charging him with Murder 2, because they will have to prove he did physically start the altercation. Thats the only way I see murder two sticking. Manslaughter I could see them getting based on just Martin being killed.Mostly to just please he mob.

It was the right call. Aim high. They can get a manslaughter instruction at trial.

Finding an impartial jury that has not already been swayed by the media or intimidated by the Black Panthers is going to be next to impossible.

And yet it happens every day.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    billboard-iamthenra-v2.jpg

1333260278-carousel-skittles-v2.jpg

Don't get involved in a highly questionable situation and your picture won't be on that poster.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And yet it happens every day.

wE HAVE HIGH Profile cases splattered across every news agency, website and newspaper across the country with misleading and half-true information fed to people for weeks? Wow..... this country has gone to hell in a handbasket and I never even knew it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, I asked this yesteraday and you convienently ignored it..... How else is a man supposed to pay for his bills, family when he's been forced from work, forced from his home and forced from school? When he cannot go anywhere without the fear of an angry mob? How can he earn a living to sustain his family?

The answer is he can't. The NBP and the JesseSharpton's ran him out of his life, convicted him in the media and destroyed his life as much as they could, to the point of possible death by some deranged follower.

Some seemed concerned that Zimmerman won't be able to afford a lawyer. I'm telling them there is an avenue in which they can help. My larger point of this is that Zimmerman's defenders are all yeah rah, he's innocent etc but when the rubber meets the road and there's a chance to help, they're nowhere to be found. This is exactly why I won't get involved in a non life or death situation. I'll have all kinds of Internet warriors cheering my actions but unwilling to help me financially. Your possessions aren't worth me getting to know bubba and making my wife and daughter homeless. I know damn well everyone will disappear when asked to provide more than hot air.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    You do know that Zimmerman has a website that you can make PayPal donations to, right?

I'm sure Martin wishes he could face a trial that bankrupted him but he was convicted on the scene.

No, Martin got shot while he was beating the **** out of somebody that was yelling for help. I really can't understand why you're so insistent that Martin was some innocent kid doing absolutely nothing wrong when Zimmerman stalked him and gunned him down because of mere suspicion. Where do you get this idea? I mean, sure, it's possible. But it's not likely. And the speculation could be entirely reversed. You're up in arms and all butthurt over one possible scenario that isn't really supported by much. All these passive-aggressive snarky remarks are just annoying. You aren't making any logical points at all. You're taking ONE possible narrative that you've embraced, for who knows what reason, and basing every comment you make on being injured that other people aren't also butthurt about it as though it were truth.

Like I said, I understand people are jumping to conclusions about Martin, but you're doing the exact same thing, just on the other side. And the Zimmerman supporters who stereotype Martin have more justification, because at least a part of their likely motivation is to destroy this bull**** narrative that the media concocted, that you're worshiping as fact. You don't know Martin. You have no idea if he was a thug or not. You don't know Zimmerman. You don't know if he was a busybody or a saint. Leave at that instead of wholeheartedly jumping on Martin's side. You're being far too emotional about this considering your utter ignorance of the positions you're defending. It's annoying.

What's even more annoying is that these issues have about zero relevence to the case. Martin could be a thug and Zimmerman a saint, and it still might be a bad shoot, and vice versa. We simply don't know enough to definitively say whether or not Zimmerman was justified. However, given what we do know, we can safely say that we can't prove that Zimmerman wasn't. Evidence corroborates his story that justifies the shoot. No evidence contradicts it. We don't know how long Zimmerman followed Martin, or whether or not it was Martin who came back to confront Zimmerman. These things have bearing on culpability for the whole situation, but they aren't known, and unless new evidence arises, won't ever be known for sure, so it's basically a moot point.

As for the profiting part, I suppose it would be more accurate to say they're trying to profit off the death of their son.

Trayvon Martin's family tries to trademark the name of murdered son — RT

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    agreed, that's what situational awareness is all about.

Our whole goal should be to escape a situation intact.

But still irrelivant to the case.

The fact that Zimmerman chose to pursue is very relevant to the case. Was he right for doing so? Staying in his vehicle, I say yes. By exiting his vehicle? Did Martin perceive that as a threat to his safety and felt he was defending himself? I feel those are questions that need to be asked.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The fact that Zimmerman chose to pursue is very relevant to the case. Was he right for doing so? Staying in his vehicle, I say yes. By exiting his vehicle? Did Martin perceive that as a threat to his safety and felt he was defending himself? I feel those are questions that need to be asked.

punching someone in the nose, then climbing on top of them after they are on the ground and contiuing the beating is excessive in any state.... Besides, Zimmerman was just "walking down the sidewalk. It's public property. He has the same right as M does to be there." Am I wrong? Or does that only apply if you're a poor held down black person that ain't never done nuttin' too wrong in life?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You do know that Zimmerman has a website that you can make PayPal donations to, right?

I'm sure Martin wishes he could face a trial that bankrupted him but he was convicted on the scene.

Perhaps a little mortality lesson to those among us who feel aggression is the best policy. Some mistakes get paid for immediately, with no chance for a "do-over".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

We have learned from this thread that some cower in their basement and some don't. I, for one, appreciate your perspective as it is so foreign to me.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

No, Martin's state of mind is irrelevant. He's not on trial, and we can not know his state of mind except by what he said immediately prior to being dead. Zimmerman was under no duty NOT to observe Martin, no matter how annoying it might have been to Martin. He was under no duty to stay in his vehicle. Let's say he followed, and that he exited his vehicle. If he did only those things, nothing more, then he acted reasonably. Martin acted unreasonably if he "was defending himself" without any physical attack or provocation.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Looks to me like the whole case is going to revolve around who made the first physical contact. If Z., he's probably screwed, nuances of the law nothwithstanding. If it can't be proven that Z. made the first physical contact, I'm not sure he can be convicted for ANYTHING.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Looks to me like the whole case is going to revolve around who made the first physical contact. If Z., he's probably screwed, nuances of the law nothwithstanding. If it can't be proven that Z. made the first physical contact, I'm not sure he can be convicted for ANYTHING.

Exactly.

There are two basic scenarios that could've happened, with 3 judements. Either it was like Zimmerman said and he was out of his car finding an address and trying to see where Martin went, lost track of him, then got jumped while he was going back to his vehicle. OR, Martin stopped and Zimmerman pursued him, then a confrontation ensued and either Martin or Zimmerman initiated physical force.

If Zimmerman's story is accurate, ALL fault lies with Martin. If Zimmerman caught up to Martin, then initiated force against Martin, likely Zimmerman should go to jail and the fault is ALL on him. If Zimmerman caught up to Martin, then Martin initiated force, then Zimmerman should still walk, but there would be fault on both sides.

However, as far as we know there are zero witnesses or evidence that disproves Zimmerman's story. In absence of all evidence to the contrary, the only real option is to not even charge him.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis

My point exactly. If Zimmerman started the physical altercation, and ended up shooting Martin then he is guilty....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In absence of all evidence to the contrary, the only real option is to not even charge him.

But how would the mob accept that? After all, he is obviously guilty of cold-blooded murder! It is an interesting exercise to read what the lefties have to say about this. They do not even consider that there may be a remote possibility that Zimmerman is not culpable and in need of at least spending the remainder of his natural life in prison. Unfortunately the media is running with this mentality and the state seems intent on pandering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom