Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Hmm, "feeling guilty" and getting life of gang rape in prison by Trayvon fan's...

no... I think I'd still pleed "not guilty"

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not shopping his story for a payday, to help cover his costs.

Forgive me for speculating, but I doubt you have the same liberal/progressive mindset as Z.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    and still irrelivant to the case.

Even if he asked the kid if he was lost and got into an arguement with Martin, if Martin attacked him, it's still self-defense.

Can a verbal altercation ever rise to the level of a threat that warrants self defense? I don't know.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any conversation or altercation can rise to any level. On a civilian level, police level, Hell even wars have started over verbal altercations....

Is it possible that Zimmerman said something that Martin felt was a threat and chose to take action?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    yeah, so why not run the last 70 feet home?

So Zimmerman had the right to stand his ground, but Martin did not?

Although Im not sure Zimmerman was really standing his ground, no one is ever going to know what really happened. You only get one side because the other side is dead.

All I know is the saying goes, don't do anything with a gun that you wouldn't without a gun. I am sure not leaving my home/truck/whatever to track down and confront someone who very well may have a weapon. If Zimmerman was unarmed, you really think he is going to follow some guy who he thinks is up to no good? Really?

I disagree, everyone think's he should have just left well enough alone.

What's the saying "dead men tell no tales"?

or the modern version "dead men can't testify or sue"

What most seem to agree on is that if attacked and head beaten on the sidewalk, then Z was justified.

Depends, Zimmerman may have been the aggressor, if that was the case then no he was not justified to kill. He is getting what he deserved, a beating.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You put yourself in Zimmerman's situation and you can hold your head up high when you are acquitted. Then you can snuggle up to your wife and kids in a cozy card board box now that your homeless because those that asked you to be their watchmen don't feel the need to back you up.

You have insurance to back your possessions if stolen. You don't have legal insurance to come to my rescue for defending your possessions.

No, but somewhere either back upthread or on another site, I read that there is a Florida Statute making it a criminal offense to interfere with, intimidate, or assault a Crime Watch representative in the course of his permitted duties. If that is, in fact, the case, Z. should have some further legal protection - based on the 911 transcripts and what M.'s girlfriend says she heard over the telephone. STILL doesn't tell us who initiated force in the incident, but may have a further bearing on the trial. In any case, if there is such a statute, Z. would have reasonably expected to be safe from a violent encounter with a "suspect" when he was attempting to determine M.'s intentions.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Sure he did, but either he attacked someone he thought was unarmed and could kick his ass and got surprised by a 9mm to the chest, or he's a FRIGGIN LUNATIC who charged a man with a gun.

Although Im not sure Zimmerman was really standing his ground, no one is ever going to know what really happened. You only get one side because the other side is dead.

Is it possible that Zimmerman said something that Martin felt was a threat and chose to take action?

Yup, and somewhere back a thousand posts or so I said if Martin had shot Zimmerman, he could claim self-defense using the same law.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would not have been in that situation. Classes with ACT and Fortress Defense have taught me better.

You do if you are smart:

Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

So someone does admit it was a bad situation to get involved in. Sit in your truck, fine. Following or chasing on foot for not even witnessing a crime? If you feel financial ruin is worth it, knock yourself out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, but somewhere either back upthread or on another site, I read that there is a Florida Statute making it a criminal offense to interfere with, intimidate, or assault a Crime Watch representative in the course of his permitted duties. If that is, in fact, the case, Z. should have some further legal protection - based on the 911 transcripts and what M.'s girlfriend says she heard over the telephone. STILL doesn't tell us who initiated force in the incident, but may have a further bearing on the trial. In any case, if there is such a statute, Z. would have reasonably expected to be safe from a violent encounter with a "suspect" when he was attempting to determine M.'s intentions.

Are neighborhood watch groups required to have legal insurance to be considered legit?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

According to the CSI TV show the evidence will allow both sides to speak in court.

Let's be clear...Mr. Zimmerman has already been tried and convicted by the media. Everything that happens now is a formality that will be used to ferment the already tense race relations in this country. The jury will listen to the arguments and then weigh out the possible property damage a not guilty plea will bring to their neighborhood and act accordingly.

Is one mans freedom worth 5 million in property damage? We will see. I am sure Lexington, KY is weighing the cost in manpower and damage an NCAA championship costs.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If thats the fact then Zimmerman is innocent of murder, but not being stupid...and thats If Martin took the it to a physical level.

If a video is produced proving beyond the shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman was justified in self defense, it doesn't change the fact that he's a blooming ass idiot.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So someone does admit it was a bad situation to get involved in. Sit in your truck, fine. Following or chasing on foot for not even witnessing a crime? If you feel financial ruin is worth it, knock yourself out.

Have you seen an aerial of the scene? Where Martin was walking and where the altercation took place? You can't "sit in your truck and watch" was not an option as M was walking BEHIND houses.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Have you seen an aerial of the scene? Where Martin was walking and where the altercation took place? You can't "sit in your truck and watch" was not an option as M was walking BEHIND houses.

I posted an aerial photo in this thread. I've posted a link to aerial photos in this thread. Yes. I. Have. Seen. Aerial. Photos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom