• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    They track it, they just don't care. I get my work done, that's all that matters. And yes, I do sit in front of the same monitor for about 8 hours a day all day every day.

I just love corporate america.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    They track it, they just don't care. I get my work done, that's all that matters. And yes, I do sit in front of the same monitor for about 8 hours a day all day every day.

I just love corporate america.

i'M IN FRONT of mine ~9. with no windows to the outside world, this is my "outlet". Hell, half of my posts are while on the phone it seems.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Here is why, assuming there isn't some crucial piece of evidence that isn't publicly available. I think it's the utter lack of probable cause based upon all evidence. Zimmerman's story, that legally justifies his actions, given right after the incident, that passed a lie detector, that was given without any legal council, has stood up to every single piece of physical evidence and witness testimony that has come out. Given all current evidence, there is no possible way he could be charged with a crime in good faith. That means that the ONLY reason he's being charged is the state caving to federal or media pressure. This is outrageous enough. In addition though, a trial isn't just simply a chance to present evidence and hear the case out and all that. It will be a media circus in which even more of Zimmerman's life will be subject to intense public scrutiny, so it's an invasion of privacy. Furthermore, unless he goes the Public Defender route it's bound to be incredibly expensive. Zimmerman isn't rich from what I understand. The exorbitant cost of legal fees will likely haunt him for years to come.

That's why people are pissed off about a charge that isn't based on probable cause. It's a horrible experience that strips someone's privacy and financial well-being away from them. It's not something that ought to be done just to satiate the mob, which is exactly what is seems to be.

Edit: And yeah, it also seems like big media frenzy trials don't usually get justice done.
    Thanks Bond, I can see your point. I'm still curious. If the prosecutor didn't have some good PC, she could have allowed the grand jury to make the decision and still have done her job.

No doubt this is going to be a lifelong hardship for Zimmerman, regardless of the outcome. There is of course the possibility that he'll get some deep pocket support from gun / self-defense advocates.

For what it's worth, Martin's mother commented this morning that she thinks the shooting was accidental.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Your comments suggest a misunderstanding. It is not the prosecutor's job to file charges just to appease a mob. That's why the local prosecutor, after reviewing all available evidence, chose not to do so. That was obviously not going to be acceptable to the state of Florida, so they moved him aside and brought in their hack.

Zimmerman was not charged because there was probable cause to do so. He was charged to calm a violent mob. The entire proceeding has made a mockery of our supposedly superior judicial process. Given all that has happened so far, it is much of a stretch to assume that Zimmerman has already been found guilty? An unjust conviction? How naive.
    How is your assumption my misunderstanding?

Last edited:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Thanks Bond, I can see your point. I'm still curious. If the prosecutor didn't have some good PC, she could have allowed the grand jury to make the decision and still have done her job.

No doubt this is going to be a lifelong hardship for Zimmerman, regardless of the outcome. There is of course the possibility that he'll get some deep pocket support from gun / self-defense advocates.

For what it's worth, Martin's mother commented this morning that she thinks the shooting was accidental.

She could have, but I don't think the issue here was justice. I think it was federal and/or media pressure that caused them to press charges. I do hope that Zimmerman gets some financial support, provided he's innocent.

Luckily, I did read that a defense attorney though it's likely that the case won't even go to trial.

And Martin's family seems shady. Profiting off his death and while she said she thought it was an accident..."Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, clasped hands and smiled in relief when she heard Corey utter the words "second-degree murder" on television."

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    And Martin's family seems shady. Profiting off his death and while she said she thought it was an accident..."Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, clasped hands and smiled in relief when she heard Corey utter the words "second-degree murder" on television."

That right there is what get's me. And it's not like he's going to get a perfectly fair trial... this is going to go on for months, if not years.

I honestly wonder where they are going to hold this trial.... And how they're going to get an unbiased jury...

Edit: I'm reading the article and there is a quote from Trayvon's father and I'm not sure how to process it.
    "The question I would really like to ask him [Zimmerman], if he could look into Trayvon's eyes and see how innocent he was, would he have then pulled the trigger? Or would he have just let him go him?"

Plus, the push for second degree murder is a little shocking. I was thinking manslaughter.

Last edited:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    That right there is what get's me. And it's not like he's going to get a perfectly fair trial... this is going to go on for months, if not years.

I honestly wonder where they are going to hold this trial.... And how they're going to get an unbiased jury...

Edit: I'm reading the article and there is a quote from Trayvon's father and I'm not sure how to process it.
    "The question I would really like to ask him [Zimmerman], if he could look into Trayvon's eyes and see how innocent he was, would he have then pulled the trigger? Or would he have just let him go him?"

Plus, the push for second degree murder is a little shocking. I was thinking manslaughter.

They will outsource it of course.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If she had submitted it to the grand jury, they may not have found enough cause to return an indictment.

This was a good call on her part. There is evidence of murder. The question is whether it was self defense or not. The evidence will come out at trial, and a decision rendered by a jury. This is the way our system is supposed to work.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here is why, assuming there isn't some crucial piece of evidence that isn't publicly available. I think it's the utter lack of probable cause based upon all evidence. Zimmerman's story, that legally justifies his actions, given right after the incident, that passed a lie detector, that was given without any legal council, has stood up to every single piece of physical evidence and witness testimony that has come out. Given all current evidence, there is no possible way he could be charged with a crime in good faith. That means that the ONLY reason he's being charged is the state caving to federal or media pressure. This is outrageous enough. In addition though, a trial isn't just simply a chance to present evidence and hear the case out and all that. It will be a media circus in which even more of Zimmerman's life will be subject to intense public scrutiny, so it's an invasion of privacy. Furthermore, unless he goes the Public Defender route it's bound to be incredibly expensive. Zimmerman isn't rich from what I understand. The exorbitant cost of legal fees will likely haunt him for years to come.

That's why people are pissed off about a charge that isn't based on probable cause. It's a horrible experience that strips someone's privacy and financial well-being away from them. It's not something that ought to be done just to satiate the mob, which is exactly what is seems to be.

Edit: And yeah, it also seems like big media frenzy trials don't usually get justice done.

You do know that Zimmerman has a website that you can make PayPal donations to, right?

I'm sure Martin wishes he could face a trial that bankrupted him but he was convicted on the scene.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Zimmerman was not charged because there was probable cause to do so. He was charged to calm a violent mob. The entire proceeding has made a mockery of our supposedly superior judicial process. Given all that has happened so far, it is much of a stretch to assume that Zimmerman has already been found guilty? An unjust conviction? How naive.

In my reckoning Ma Deuce does a far better job of controlling violent mobs than holding a state-sponsored lynching.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    She could have, but I don't think the issue here was justice. I think it was federal and/or media pressure that caused them to press charges. I do hope that Zimmerman gets some financial support, provided he's innocent.

Luckily, I did read that a defense attorney though it's likely that the case won't even go to trial.

Where is a single news story showing that Martin's mother has made a dime?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Its pretty weak charging him with Murder 2, because they will have to prove he did physically start the altercation. Thats the only way I see murder two sticking. Manslaughter I could see them getting based on just Martin being killed.Mostly to just please he mob.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You do know that Zimmerman has a website that you can make PayPal donations to, right?

I'm sure Martin wishes he could face a trial that bankrupted him but he was convicted on the scene.

So, I asked this yesteraday and you convienently ignored it..... How else is a man supposed to pay for his bills, family when he's been forced from work, forced from his home and forced from school? When he cannot go anywhere without the fear of an angry mob? How can he earn a living to sustain his family?

The answer is he can't. The NBP and the JesseSharpton's ran him out of his life, convicted him in the media and destroyed his life as much as they could, to the point of possible death by some deranged follower.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If she had submitted it to the grand jury, they may not have found enough cause to return an indictment.

This was a good call on her part. There is evidence of murder. The question is whether it was self defense or not. The evidence will come out at trial, and a decision rendered by a jury. This is the way our system is supposed to work.

Finding an impartial jury that has not already been swayed by the media or intimidated by the Black Panthers is going to be next to impossible.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    They will outsource it of course.

It doesn't really matter where they outsource it to. Everyone has heard of this case now. How in the world would you get a fair trial because media is already screaming guilt. I've apparently missed where we shifted, as a country, from innocent until proven guilty to always guilty unless magically proven innocent.

If Zimmerman walks either he'll have to hide forever or more than likely end up dead. (Same goes for if he's convicted and put in jail...) I seriously worry about the judge, eventual jury and all of those involved from the legal side. We thought everything was chaotic before... it's about to really get messy.

Also, regardless of how the trial goes, does anyone think this will have a good connotation on Stand Your Ground laws at all?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If Zimmerman walks either he'll have to hide forever or more than likely end up dead.

casey anthony.

Mike Tyson has weighed in on this subject with his normal intellect. Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman:

the_craziest_ear_tattoos_10.jpg

Mike Tyson was _ear.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom