• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have taken a beating like a man before without grabbing a weapon. It wouldn't be the first time and it probably won't be the last time. If asking them WTF they were doing on private property from 30 feet (had them lit up with a pretty powerful flashlight) is aggressive, I guess I was more aggressive than Zimmerman. I didn't step foot off the porch and wasn't using an overly aggressive tone. As already mentioned, I've taken beatings quite a few times. I wouldn't say that I'd be smiling while taking the beating because I thought I deserved it but I'm not pulling a weapon on someone that is simply throwing fists. If they have more skill than I do, I take a beating like a man. I've done that in 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 situations before. I've also came out in a bit better condition during a 2 on 1 situation. Once again, you throw fists and that is it...I'm not pulling a knife, club, baseball bat, gun, rocket launcher, or anything else. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. It isn't a big deal.

I'm sorry, I was taught differently. If you've gotten cornered to the point of a fight, there is no "fairness". If that means I grab a chucnk of wood and beat you with it, so be it. i'm in it to win, period. I will not "take a beating like a man".... that's complete bull****. No one should be cornered into a fight and just "take it like a man". Only a moronic bleeding heart liberal would suggest laying down for your attacker. you corner me and start laying in, I will find a way to end it or die trying.

But then again I don't go looking for trouble and do everyting in my power to avoid it in life.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Im with you. Do you really want to fight me? Well, if you do I am going to shoot you or bludgeon you to death, still want to fight?

If I've given a reason to defend myself with lethal force, I have no problems doing so. If I'm confronting a kid, my first thoughts aren't going to be focused on pulling my gun. I don't fight for no reason so if I truly believe that I NEED to fight, my thoughts aren't on whether you're going to bludgeon me to death or shoot me. If you're following me and confronting me in an aggressive manner while I'm not doing anything illegal, I may protect myself depending on how you're coming at me. If it is a regular old fist fight that ends up with a weapon drawn, been there done that. I've had knives come out and people try to stab me. I've got no scars from it. If you've got no fighting skills or are too old, better have some weapons retention training or keep yourself a fairly safe distance because some people aren't really afraid of taking the fight to the death once they see a weapon come out and it doesn't always end with the "good guy" walking away.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    News conf. set for 6pm. to announce charge.

This is from the Florida code as pertaining Second Degree Murder Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    (b) As to second degree murder:
    Unlawfully by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind, regardless of human life; that is to say, by firing her or his shotgun into the store of (or by striking with an adz, as the case may be) but without a premeditated design to effect the death of any particular person, did kill in said county.

I think under there code that there should have been a lesser charge but hey who knows.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONUecnsMb8
    That guy takes no prisoners!
    eek6.gif

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm sorry, I was taught differently. If you've gotten cornered to the point of a fight, there is no "fairness". If that means I grab a chucnk of wood and beat you with it, so be it. i'm in it to win, period. I will not "take a beating like a man".... that's complete bull****. No one should be cornered into a fight and just "take it like a man". Only a moronic bleeding heart liberal would suggest laying down for your attacker. you corner me and start laying in, I will find a way to end it or die trying.

But then again I don't go looking for trouble and do everyting in my power to avoid it in life.

Taking a beating like a man doesn't mean laying down for your attacker. Taking a beating like a man, to me, means that you're not going to end up shooting/stabbing/throwing a brick at the person you were in a FIST FIGHT with. Do I see things differently if there is a weapon involved? Yep, sure do. If it stays fists, if I win...I win. If I lose, I lose. If that makes me a bleeding heart liberal, fine...I'll accept your ignorant labeling but no where in any of my posts have I mentioned laying down for anyone.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I have taken a beating like a man before without grabbing a weapon. It wouldn't be the first time and it probably won't be the last time. If asking them WTF they were doing on private property from 30 feet (had them lit up with a pretty powerful flashlight) is aggressive, I guess I was more aggressive than Zimmerman. I didn't step foot off the porch and wasn't using an overly aggressive tone. As already mentioned, I've taken beatings quite a few times. I wouldn't say that I'd be smiling while taking the beating because I thought I deserved it but I'm not pulling a weapon on someone that is simply throwing fists. If they have more skill than I do, I take a beating like a man. I've done that in 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 situations before. I've also came out in a bit better condition during a 2 on 1 situation. Once again, you throw fists and that is it...I'm not pulling a knife, club, baseball bat, gun, rocket launcher, or anything else. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. It isn't a big deal.
    A man I know and respect has warned not to pick a fight with a man too old to fight, because he'll just kill you.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If I've given a reason to defend myself with lethal force, I have no problems doing so. If I'm confronting a kid, my first thoughts aren't going to be focused on pulling my gun. I don't fight for no reason so if I truly believe that I NEED to fight, my thoughts aren't on whether you're going to bludgeon me to death or shoot me. If you're following me and confronting me in an aggressive manner while I'm not doing anything illegal, I may protect myself depending on how you're coming at me. If it is a regular old fist fight that ends up with a weapon drawn, been there done that. I've had knives come out and people try to stab me. I've got no scars from it. If you've got no fighting skills or are too old, better have some weapons retention training or keep yourself a fairly safe distance because some people aren't really afraid of taking the fight to the death once they see a weapon come out and it doesn't always end with the "good guy" walking away.

All I can say is "Wow, I forgot what it's like to be young and stupid with that feeling of invincibility" . I guess the older and wiser you get the more you realize you don't need to brag about your prowess as a tough guy, you just know what you are capable of doing and find no need to boast.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I see your point, but I do not intend to get in a fist fight ever again. If you want to fight me I will win the fight by all means necessary, but I do see your point about just a good ole fist fight, I just do not do that anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom