Not open for further replies.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    IN THIS WORLD: AN INNOCENT MAN BEING WRONGFULLY ACCUSED OF A CRIME;
    A PROSECUTOR KNOWINGLY FILING FALSE CHARGES DUE TO MASS PUBLIC PRESSURE INSTIGATED BY THE 'MEDIA' OF NATIONAL CABLE NEWS;
    A TRAVESTY PERPETRATED BY IGNORANT RACISTS HIDING BEHIND THE COLOR OF SKIN, RATHER THAN THE COLOR OF LAW;
    AND A TOTAL DISSOLUTION OF - AND DISRESPECT FOR - THE RULE OF LAW.

May God Almighty bless and protect George Zimmerman.
    May He in His infinite Wisdom strike down these long-tongued liars who do evil and claim it to be in the name of some false 'justice.'
    They are right despite being wrong: there will be Justice.
    We must all answer to a power still higher.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I seriously doubt he'll be convicted of 2nd degree murder... I do believe manslaughter is more appropriate.

Serious question. If the jury says no on the second degree murder charge, could he then be convicted of a lesser charge or is it an all or nothing with the 2nd degree murder charge?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    SO APPARENTLY ENOUGH EVIDENCE DOES EXIST TO FILE CHARGES...

:popcorn:

It doesn't take much to avoid a Rule 11 violation these days. It won't take much of a defense team to get an acquittal on all charges. The state felt they had no choice but to file charges to quiet the minority activists. Sad. Zimmerman appears to be the only true victim in this entire episode.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Murder 2 on Zimmerman huh? I hope the prosecutor has more evidence than they've presented or they've screwed this up just like they screwed up Casey Anthony. Now they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he had every intention of murdering him.

[conspiracy] By overcharging Zimmerman they give themselves an "out." They placate the NBPP and Sharptons of the world by an extra tough charge, yet this charge is harder to prove than manslaughter and will result in an easier "not guilty" verdict, so Zimmerman gets off as if they had determined it was a justifiable SD shooting in the first place. [/conspiracy]

Corey just said that the shooting could be shown as justifiable SD in court. Wow.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I was in a local gun shop while working today and got into a discussion with the owner and a local cop who was looking at AR's. It seems that Benton Harbor, MI where the officer works is all ready planning riot control for the upcoming summer because of the histrionics of the Trayvon Martin case. Benton Harbor is roughly 90% African American and had a large riot several years ago. I'm sure the same is going on in some of the NWI communities, South Bend, Indianapolis, etc.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Serious question. If the jury says no on the second degree murder charge, could he then be convicted of a lesser charge or is it an all or nothing with the 2nd degree murder charge?

The jury will be instructed that they can find him not guilty of 2nd degree murder but instead guilty of a lesser charge. They will be explained what those are and the threshold for finding him guilty of each. What they cannot do, however, is find him guilty of a greater charge. That's why the special prosecutor went for 2nd degree....she knows she won't get it but wants somewhere for the charges to fall.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    See, Fargo, that's the difference between you and I. You weren't able to dig out of the information provided what you needed to form an opinion regarding this woman and her hidden agenda.

I was.

No, the difference between you and me is that I choose not to take a news article written by someone in a profession largely lacking in ethics and make sweeping perjorative judgements about people I've never met and know nothing about based upon my superpowers of inferential deductions.

Roughly translated, your opinion is based off your interpretation of the smell of crap being fed from a bulls arse and you claim to be able to tell what it ate for dinner last week.

Joe

Joe

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think the Duke Lacross players were charged by Prosecutor Nifong due to
    pressure from the "community" if I'm not mistaken......

I think we all remember how that played out. :twocents:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Unfortunately there's already been a trial. We've been watching it for weeks. Zimmerman was found guilty and now everyone is just waiting for the sentence. At least we've been conditioned from past experiences to get through these witch hunts in the name of racism.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Are you 100% sure of this?

I believe all states do it the same as Indiana. Here, a jury in such a case would be given the option of finding him guilty of a lesser charge if the facts presented at trial proved to them beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty of the lesser crime. However, very important: They can only consider the lesser charges that are enumerated to them in the jury instructions. They will be given detailed instructions regarding what threshold must be met for each possible charge that they are permitted to consider. This is not a 2nd degree murder case and I'm sure the special prosecutor knows that. She wants somewhere for the jury to go if they don't find him guilty of the stated charge. Given everything to which we are privy, I'd much rather defend than prosecute.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Here is a more detailed timeline i found. It gives a little more detail than the other stories.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...appened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/1223083
    In an interview two weeks after the incident, Lee said witness statements and physical evidence backed up Zimmerman's version of events. He suggested that based on the timing of the call, he believed that Trayvon went out of his way to approach the person tailing him and mouth off.

"If Trayvon has made it that far, and Zimmerman is getting out of his truck, why doesn't Trayvon keep walking?" Lee said. "He's 70 yards from his house. I think based on the timing of the call and Zimmerman losing sight of him that he had made it to that 'T' (at the end of the path) and was starting to walk toward his house.

Just my opinion but if Trayvon was that close to his fathers house and Zimmerman lost sight of him , how did this happen? Just something does not make sense besides the murder 2 charge.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom