• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Seriously, A/C went out yesterday, Waiting on replacement, only $3000............:n00b:

Knew it would happen, 20 years old. Put some money aside for it.

It was 96 degrees in the house last night. Luckily the camper was still in the front yard from camping with the grand kids. Can at least sleep at night.

Don

My A/C literally smoked last week.
    But I have a window A/C upstairs, so I'll go upstairs.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seriously, A/C went out yesterday, Waiting on replacement, only $3000............:n00b:

Knew it would happen, 20 years old. Put some money aside for it.

It was 96 degrees in the house last night. Luckily the camper was still in the front yard from camping with the grand kids. Can at least sleep at night.

Don

From what i hear make sure you get a unit that doesnt take R22 freon. Its being phased out next year.
    Maybe someone, like CM, can chime in on this?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had to go to Chipotle instead of Qdoba for dinner because there isnt a nearby Qdoba. Chipotle's salsa is too hot so I couldnt finish my bag of chips and salsa.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    January 1st 2020 it becomes illegal to manufacture or import R-22 in the US. Thinkin' I'll get me a can before then. My system is R-22 but it's not old enough to replace yet, then when I do, I can sell the rest for vast sums. Don't just not buy an R-22 system, don't do business with someone that would sell you one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    January 1st 2020 it becomes illegal to manufacture or import R-22 in the US. Thinkin' I'll get me a can before then. My system is R-22 but it's not old enough to replace yet, then when I do, I can sell the rest for vast sums. Don't just not buy an R-22 system, don't do business with someone that would sell you one.
    I just replaced a fully functional unit at my church because of this. Working today, but if it has a problem 6+ months from now we are screwed.

Granted its been running since the early 80s at best, likely the original unit installed in the mid 70s. Yep. Thats right, no absolute markings to tell us exactly when it was installed. Probably a good time to upgrade as we got our money'w worth. And Williams Comfort Air gave us one HELL of a sweetheart deal as a not for profit (probably not much above cost). This was a package deal along with another unit the same age in another part of the building that actually failed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Of course, working double shifts on two of the hottest days.
    1st double over in an hour.
    And everything couldn't go smoothly.
    Temperature sensor went out for the liquid steel. A burned up "pipe" with wires in it.

And a 3 AM, a joystick for the shroud went off its zero.
    The shroud is a metal/ceramic "straw" the steel goes through, about 6 foot tall and a foot wide.
    So adjusting a tiny set screw. Using gloves any time I have to touch anything not a tool.
    Then removing gloves to deal with tiny screws.
    Standing on a grate that was just over the steel. It's called the "grill", cause while standing on it you're like food on the charcoal grill.

Good thing they pay decent.
    And now I'm gonna stick my head against the A/C vent in the shop.

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Wife admitted she screwed up and bought regular paper towels, not those half sheets. She says I could go ahead and divorce her now. What should I do?

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    And another thing....I have read most of the 19pp of that silly "Can you solve this equation...." thread. It's like slowing down for a car accident. You don't wanna look, but ya gotta.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    And another thing....I have read most of the 19pp of that silly "Can you solve this equation...." thread. It's like slowing down for a car accident. You don't wanna look, but ya gotta.

There’s your problem... you need to set your preferences to 40 posts/page.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Of course, working double shifts on two of the hottest days.
    1st double over in an hour.
    And everything couldn't go smoothly.
    Temperature sensor went out for the liquid steel. A burned up "pipe" with wires in it.

And a 3 AM, a joystick for the shroud went off its zero.
    The shroud is a metal/ceramic "straw" the steel goes through, about 6 foot tall and a foot wide.
    So adjusting a tiny set screw. Using gloves any time I have to touch anything not a tool.
    Then removing gloves to deal with tiny screws.
    Standing on a grate that was just over the steel. It's called the "grill", cause while standing on it you're like food on the charcoal grill.

Good thing they pay decent.
    And now I'm gonna stick my head against the A/C vent in the shop.

Off-thread, I guess, but you went from subs to steel mills? You some kind of masochist?

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    There’s your problem... you need to set your preferences to 40 posts/page.
    OMG, I did that and it's like a page will never end, all that scrolling and scrolling and............
    Thanks buddy!

Top Bottom