• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Im trying to have a serious conversation with a person who is a devout Christian and you guys want to talk about beavers.:rolleyes:

MEH:D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It could have something to do with Adam and Eve. Could be because we were created in God's image, given free will, but we are not God. Everybody sin's, and being perfect God cannot accept sin. But, God's mercy is perfect also, and he's given us an out. It seems easy, but for many people it's very difficult to accept, because it's free, and it requires a willing subjugation of ourselves. We cannot earn it, we can merely accept it, and be willing to become part of something bigger. This is very difficult for folks like us, because we are independent, and some think they are are too big, too good, too strong to submit themselves to a higher authority. I just kind of think of it like joining the military, only with bigger stakes, and bigger reward. We all deserve hell, because all of us do, or have done, something wrong. Only one perfect man has ever walked the planet.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Nope, wasn't looking for just attention. With the other 27 I was looking to educate with the material we handed out. ;)

Dont play semantics with me, you wanted attention to what you were doing. If you didnt want attention you would of just handed out leaflets in the park.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with what you did, heck one day I will probably be standing next to you.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Dont play semantics with me, you wanted attention to what you were doing. If you didnt want attention you would of just handed out leaflets in the park.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with what you did, heck one day I will probably be standing next to you.

I hope they were trying to draw attention. It would be kind of silly, and a massive waste of time, to hold a political demonstration and try not to draw attention to your cause.

Or, in the case of your OP, a religious demonstration.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Come on would a guy with 13,500+ post need any more attention..

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Well, I mean, you're right, we wanted the attention, but only to educate.

Oh, and next time is April 19th. That better be your someday mister. :patriot: :D

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Nope, though there was One

...many years ago. ;)

Roughly 2000 if memory serves me :D
    Well from someone who is not a religious person it really doesnt make much sense.

I am far for religious but I have a very personal walk with Christ. Yes I am a Christian.

Not at all, I respect what you guys say. As the local redneck would say

MEH:dunno:

I grew up Baptist. I went to church every sunday until I was 8 or so and then decided I would rather spend my sundays hunting and fishing.

I started to really think about religion in my early 20's and decided it wasnt for me. My wife is Catholic and I support her choice.

So thats where Im at at this point in my life.

I would urge you to find a Non-Denominational church. I think that if you look you will see that many denominational churches teach things that are not in the Bible. I am talking about certain practices etc.

Also, I have spoken with many people that were once athiests. Each of them stated similar things. The blelieved that if they were going to be athiests and not believe in God they should be able to disprove His existance and therefore have a valid argument. Through their process the decided that it actually takes more faith to not believe in God than it does to believe in his existance.

So my question to you would be, why don't you believe?

Top Bottom