• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    For S&Gs I have a book I would be willing to send you, if you enjoy reading. Its actually about Biblical facts. My treat. If your serious about the investigation, that is.

Much appreciated but that would cut into my internet time.:D

Whats the title, I can pick it up at the library when I take my kids there thursday.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Much appreciated but that would cut into my internet time.:D

Whats the title, I can pick it up at the library when I take my kids there thursday.

books

The Case for Christ

A Seasoned Journalist Chases Down the Biggest Story in HistoryIs there credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God?Retracing his own spiritual journey from atheism to faith, Lee Strobel, former legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, cross-examines a dozen experts with doctorates from schools like Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandeis who are recognized authorities in their own fields.Strobel challenges them with questions like How reliable is the New Testament? Does evidence for Jesus exist outside the Bible? Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event?Strobel's tough, point-blank questions make this Gold Medallion-winning book read like a captivating, fast-paced novel. But it's not fiction. It's a riveting quest for the truth about history's most compelling figure.What will your verdict be in The Case for Christ?"Lee Strobel probes with bulldog-like tenacity the evidence for the truth of biblical Christianity."

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'd love to play here some more, but I have too much effin work to do. It will be 3 am before I get to sleep.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Whew. I had to stop by Beaver Liquors on the way home from work.

Liquor in the front, and poker in the rear.

Great times!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Indy,

My realtor got me a good deal on a house on the lake of fire, beachfront. Want me to put in a word and see if any others are open?!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am not big on public displays of Christianity or any other religion for that matter. People will know you by that heavenly glory that radiates from you and the way you walk,talk,dress and carry yourself speaks loads about the God you serve. Alot of folks nowadays seem to think that you pick the way you wanna serve God then make a sign put on a t shirt and make some public display and that makes you a Christian. I will never forget the day after I got truly saved people just saw something different and that attracted them to our way of life. Some think sticking a finger in someone's face and trying to make them feel guilty or fearful that the end is near type stuff will make them come to the Lord. The scare and guilt tactics doesnt work in my experience. Back to the OP question I am not quite sure what they were trying to say but obviously they should have choose the wording differently. Forgive the rant and misspellings it is very early.

Last edited:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I'm not gonna preach at you, but yes we all deserve hell. But by the Grace of God we can have Eternal Life by asking Jesus Christ to forgive us our sins, and save us from eternal damnation. Praise the Lord tho, my oldest daughter this morning at church, asked Christ to come in to her heart and save her.

I too want to go to heaven, just not today.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I'm not gonna preach at you, but yes we all deserve hell. But by the Grace of God we can have Eternal Life by asking Jesus Christ to forgive us our sins, and save us from eternal damnation. Praise the Lord tho, my oldest daughter this morning at church, asked Christ to come in to her heart and save her.

It is great when our kids come to the Lord. My oldest son (6years old) got baptized in Jesus name and is seeking the Holy Ghost and threw away alot of his toys yesterday because he said that Jesus would not approve of a mean faced man (speaking of some toy figure he had), funny how kids are so real and honest. I just hope that I can become as a child like the bible teaches, sound crazy to some but some here know what I am getting at. Happy for your kid, enjoy them they are blessings.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Which one of your Religion fanatics want to claim the two guys down town with the sandwich board saying "You deserve Hell" and holding a cross?

Isn't this a little like asking. "Which of you 2nd. Amendment Fanatics wants to claim solidarity with the guy who shot up the day-care center in California a few years back?"

Doug

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Isn't this a little like asking. "Which of you 2nd. Amendment Fanatics wants to claim solidarity with the guy who shot up the day-care center in California a few years back?"

Doug

Not at all. It would be the same as if I saw some one open carrying an AR down town. No one was harmed, just too much in your face for me.

I was truly interested in there message, figured someone would have some insite for me. I googles and couldn't find anything.

I didn't mean any disrespect. If your going to carry a sign that says my family deserves he'll then yes you are on the fanantic side of religion.

jayincville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Actually, the Bible says we are deserving of death. Through Christ we are given eternal life. This idea of hell as a place of eternal torture is man made.. Using logic, if Christ offers us eternal life, hell cannot be a place where we live out eternity. I believe, that is reserved for Satan's minions who are spiritual beings already endowed with eternal life.

:dunno:

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    As to the first post topic, back in the day, you would find street people carrying signs touting "The end is near". A warning to all.
    I think these fine citizens are pointing out the dangers of dating my ex-wife.

Top Bottom