• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Which one of your Religion fanatics want to claim the two guys down town with the sandwich board saying "You deserve Hell" and holding a cross?

I tried to get the wife to give me the camera so I could get my picture taken with them but she wasnt having any of that.:D

Im not bashing the guys, I was just wondering what their message was if someone could fill me in.

Great night downtown. We took the boys and grabed some sandwiches from Jimmy Johns and sat on the circle and ate them. Then Ice Cream from the South Bend Chocolate Factory.

Oh, man, I always miss the good stuff! Last time I was on the circle, I just saw a man with a portable speaker system screaming the Good News, a pair of wanderers in camo whispering outside of Starbucks about how they need to stay away from the cops and go into hiding the next day, and a drunken wedding party climbing all over the monument!

I'm a bad Methodist - I'm not very good at the proselytizing part - but yes, their point was that while we all deserve hell, the cross gives us an "out." Jesus has already paid for you. It's a free ticket to heaven if you reach out and take it. Then again, I also believe that there are other ways to get your ticket to heaven. In Christianity it's free, in Judaism you work for it (although hard core Jews don't believe in an after-life). Jesus is a good path for me (maybe 'cause I like free stuff)...but Buddha or another path might be good for you. Do those boards actually work? It's like the pamphlets left on my door...I'm never, ever gonna go to your church after you stop by all high and mighty assuming I need your help finding my way.

Glad you had a good evening with the family. :yesway: Sorry your wife didn't let you get your picture taken with them , though. They might have freaked out if you snapped a pic, though, claiming you stole their souls or something.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    That's probably why they were holding that particular sign - hoping you would ask them.

Just sayin'...

I read what you guys have to say everyday and it still doesnt make me want to walk into the Parish when I pick my kids up from school.:D

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Well from someone who is not a religious person it really doesnt make much sense.

Ooops...guess I didn't actually answer the question.

The "deserving to go to hell" part comes from Adam and Eve. They ate the forbidden fruit, and then all of mankind were sinners from birth. Gee, thanks, Adam and Eve. Jesus would not have had to do all that for us if you hadn't screwed up at the beginning.
    But, it's just a story. It's a tale to tell the Hebrews (the Jews) how the nature of man is sinful. It's a explanation for desire, for lust, for wrongdoing. Then part two comes in, the New Testament, and Jesus then gives us that free ticket. :woot:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Glad you had a good evening with the family. :yesway: Sorry your wife didn't let you get your picture taken with them , though. They might have freaked out if you snapped a pic, though, claiming you stole their souls or something.

I knew my wife had the camera in her purse. I started to ask for it and she shut me down before I could get the whole sentence out of my mouth.:D 12 years of being together, she knew why I wanted it.

I dont think these guys would of freeked out. Other than holding a cross and big ole signs they were normal middle aged white males. What did Jeffery Dahmer look like?:D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Ooops...guess I didn't actually answer the question.

The "deserving to go to hell" part comes from Adam and Eve. They ate the forbidden fruit, and then all of mankind were sinners from birth. Gee, thanks, Adam and Eve. Jesus would not have had to do all that for us if you hadn't screwed up at the beginning.
    But, it's just a story. It's a tale to tell the Hebrews (the Jews) how the nature of man is sinful. It's a explanation for desire, for lust, for wrongdoing. Then part two comes in, the New Testament, and Jesus then gives us that free ticket. :woot:

Ok that makes sense, thanks.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I thought we were already in "Hell" ( ooops, can i say that?)
    the way i understand it we go from here to heaven.... But hey what do i know:dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Religion should be added to the Political sub-forum like any other forum I've been to...Jesus is my Lord and Savior, but it's starting to get out of hand here in the break room.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Sure, then we can get into why Im a non believer.:D

SWEET! Those stories are usually much more interesting than the "why I am a believer" stories. Those who are almost always have some terrible dying, tragic, depressing story. The who aren't often have happier stories like, "Well, one day I woke up and decided not to go to church. Then I was happy, and I've been happy ever since."
    And I'm not kidding - if that's what makes someone happy, then awesome! And, while I'm gonna get crucified for saying it (haha, crucified - Easter - haha), a lot of posters on here are probably more Wiccan than they'll ever admit to, what with their nature worship in tending their gardens and hunting and all.
    And with that, I'll go into hiding now...:stickpoke:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Religion should be added to the Political sub-forum like any other forum I've been to...Jesus is my Lord and Savior, but it's starting to get out of hand here in the break room.
    Its "THE BREAK ROOM" i always thought any & all nongun & gun related discussions could go here ??? Thats why its called the breakroom:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    But hopefully what I say here isn't directly responsible for you avoiding faith either.

Not at all, I respect what you guys say. As the local redneck would say

MEH:dunno:

I grew up Baptist. I went to church every sunday until I was 8 or so and then decided I would rather spend my sundays hunting and fishing.

I started to really think about religion in my early 20's and decided it wasnt for me. My wife is Catholic and I support her choice.

So thats where Im at at this point in my life.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom