• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I understand the frustration, but isn't this an idiot employee issue and not a walmart issue?

If it is really happening, complain to the manager. If you get no where then you have an honest f walmart issue. As of now I see it as the idiot employee.

Ammo has no law on hours of sale.

Calling in a gun sale is legit as the NICS center is only open certain hours. Off the top of my head I don't know them but they accommodate east & west coast time zones.
    During the great ammo shortage of '09 there were cases of employees tipping off gun shop owners when a shipment came in and stashing the cases of ammo behind the counter until they could get there. Of course there were special gun prices for these wally world employees at the gun shop in return....

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    During the great ammo shortage of '09 there were cases of employees tipping off gun shop owners when a shipment came in and stashing the cases of ammo behind the counter until they could get there. Of course there were special gun prices for these wally world employees at the gun shop in return....

Yup and all this comes back to why i started reloading....I'll never have to go to wally world and hope they have a box of ammo in that i need. I can now sit down at home and make as many as i want.:rockwoot:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I've never bought ammo at Walmart..I rarely go to Walmart period. But I can say that as a retail manager in a corporate owned store, everyone who's advised going up the chain of command is exactly right. Different managers even in my company will pull out "rules" that don't exist just to keep from doing something they don't like. And then there are unwritten rules that they give us some flexibility on. But customer service comes VERY high on our list...we're allowed to bend certain rules if it makes a customer happy.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I stood and waited at the ammo counter about 10 minutes at the Clarksville store once. I finally spotted a "team leader", some kid with a shirt and tie, happily skipping down the main aisle. I gave him a big "HEY" and I think it nearly scared the crap out of him. I asked him if he could get somebody to come to the counter so I could buy something, and he says, "OH ummm, I don't think we have an associate working this counter today". I looked at my wife, took the cart from her (which probably had $150 worth of stuff in it), and shoved it down the main aisle. Told the kid to have a nice day and left. We don't go to WalMart anymore.:xmad:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Yup and all this comes back to why i started reloading....I'll never have to go to wally world and hope they have a box of ammo in that i need. I can now sit down at home and make as many as i want.:rockwoot:

I went the exact opposite way. I used the ammo shortage as a way to justify buying a gun of every caliber :D It works for me!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Time of the day should have nothing to do with people buying things. There are plenty of people working night shifts and treat the night just as most treat the day.

Agreed... especially since I have no beer in the fridge this Sunday.

Sometimes I miss St. Louis. :D Sometimes...

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I remember their sign saying the key was lost. P***** me off because it was the first time I had found .32 rounds for a few months. I also seen the signs saying it's the law they can't sell between those hours. :noway:

Now I buy ammo at gun stores and army surplus as much as possible and only at my local Wal-mart when I want it that day. I can always find someone to help me out here pretty quick.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Thanks for the info, Jubba. I will most certainly be leaving a nice little message about that WalMart. The three guys were pretty nice about it and kept saying if they could sell it, they would. The manager on the other hand was so sure that it was a law and wouldn't even consider it. A true dbag in my book.

No problem. Plainfield is actually hosting the firearms training for our region for those stores getting guns back and using the new computerized 4473. Let's hope the idiots from this experience are not involved.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I could e-mail the store manager in Plainfield to inform him of his misinformed employees before they train everybody else wrong.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    If you have this trouble anymore just tell them you will take black powder and roofing nails instead, then ask if they have marbles in the toy section.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I NEVER believe what a Wal-Mart employee tells me. They are always so misinformed! I get all of my gun info from Gander Mountain. You might want to call them and see if that's a real law.

Top Bottom