• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I tried to buy some from walmart on E Washington street here in indianapolis, They couldnt find the keys at first when they did they were in the case.. so they had to try to hunt down the other set.. which they couldnt find. Ended up leaving went to pop guns bought 2 boxes and went on my merry way. I did get an apology at least i got somthing for my wasted time :n00b:

I had this happen before as well. The guy i used to work with at the bus lot also works there (he has a "girls" name) Anyways, he refused to get ammo for me and my friend once not to long ago. Said he did not have the key. I asked if he would call for a manager and he told me know. Said ok, soi went to the front, spoke with the manager. surprise! she had the key! so i got to make a complaint against the guy, got my ammo, and pretty sure he got in trouble :)

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I have bought ammo from the seymour and columbus walmarts during late hours dozens of times, I've never been told that line, only trouble I've ever had was when I try to buy more than 2 boxes, the columbus walmart on 10th st is real strict on that one, the one on 46 depends on who is working the counter, the seymour walmart is hit and miss as well

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    My wife went in the Plainfield Walmart and bought a Mossberg 500 Shotgun a few years ago when they still sold them, and she wanted deer slugs, and they told her she could not buy any ammo from them for 24 hours after purchasing a firearm, they then proceeded to get the store manager to walk the gun out and lock it in her trunk, Which I understand, to a point. So we left and when to Applebees for dinner, and I went back in an hour or so later and tried to buy a box of slugs so we could go hunting the next morning, and they recognized me from being in there with my wife when she bought her gun, and refused to sell them to me. I told them I had not bought a gun from them, and the slugs were for my Shotgun, and they still refused to sell them to me :xmad:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    My wife went in the Plainfield Walmart and bought a Mossberg 500 Shotgun a few years ago when they still sold them, and she wanted deer slugs, and they told her she could not buy any ammo from them for 24 hours after purchasing a firearm, they then proceeded to get the store manager to walk the gun out and lock it in her trunk, Which I understand, to a point. So we left and when to Applebees for dinner, and I went back in an hour or so later and tried to buy a box of slugs so we could go hunting the next morning, and they recognized me from being in there with my wife when she bought her gun, and refused to sell them to me. I told them I had not bought a gun from them, and the slugs were for my Shotgun, and they still refused to sell them to me :xmad:

Really?! wow

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Went in at 4 this morning and had no problems buying ammo at the Logansport Walmart. Kinda bummed, as I was ready to argue with some fools!

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I'm glad I don't have to deal with anything like this. The pennies you save costs some other American a good paying manufacturing job while replacing it with a low paying retail job. Makes little sense to me. I simply refuse to shop at Chinamart. Solved all my guilt issues with one fell swoop :D

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I'm glad I don't have to deal with anything like this. The pennies you save costs some other American a good paying manufacturing job while replacing it with a low paying retail job. Makes little sense to me. I simply refuse to shop at Chinamart. Solved all my guilt issues with one fell swoop :D

I'm not an economics major or anything, but I don't understand how buying a Mossberg or Marlin from Wal-Mart, or Federal or Winchester ammunition, is costing anyone a manufacturing job. :dunno:

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a retail department store that only deals in goods that are made in the US.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Maybe but you would be very hard pressed to find anything at all manufactured in the USA on sale at Walmart. I'm hearing even the Remington shotshells on sale there are actually manufactured in China. I flat refuse to give Walmart one red cent of my money and this supposed ammo manufacturing deal is recent and long after I stopped shopping there so whether it's true or not I dunno. I do know that the all American brands like Rubbermaid, Vise Grips, Levi Jeans etc now manufacture in China because of Walmart influence.

Ole Sam is probably rolling over in his grave since he made the franchise selling made in the USA goods.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I know for a lot of us its a pain to not use walmart but I try my best to not go in there. It seem like everytime I go in there I walk out pissed off and wanting to choke someone. I have given up and my blood pressure has gotten better because of it. The last time I was in there I was thrown out because I had my pistol on me. I have a LTCH and I didnt see a sign on the door that said I couldnt carry inside. The manager said it was agianst the law. I guess they make there own laws so screw em.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Yes I understand what your saying, if that's all you got then it is what it is! I'm truly fortunate to have other options. Sometimes those options are a little farther out of my way but that's a small price to pay. It's been years and years since I've been in a wallyworld and I don't feel like I've missed a whole lot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Given that every Walmart employee is a magna sum laude graduate from one of the nation's elite law schools, I simply cannot understand all the talk in this thread implying that a Walmart employee was mistaken about a fact of law... :dunno:

;) :D ;)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

So where do you shop that has 100% American made products? I guess if it isn't made in the USA you don't buy?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    1911Shooter...

I went to the manager at our local CrapMart and asked about carrying, if they had some accross the board rule. She said "Well, we dont like you carrying, as it might make some customers uncomfortable, but if you are licensed there is nothing that can be done about it. If you would keep it hidden, it would make everyone a lot happier, but again there is nothing we can do to stop you from carrying."

Mind you the guy in the sporting goods section said he loves it when people are carrying, its a crime deterrent. I guess the folks in charge at our CrapMart have a bit more of a clue.

-MColford

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    So where do you shop that has 100% American made products? I guess if it isn't made in the USA you don't buy?

It's sad but you can't always find American made products. Walmart just happens to be part of the root cause of this phenomena. There are a few places around that seem to have more American made products than others. Just because it's hard to find American made stuff doesn't mean I need to run off to Walmart and save 50 cents or less on something. I'm protesting more their way of doing business than the stuff made in China. You should research it sometime. Competition is good for business. Lopsided competition is bad for everyone.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas

I was once told at their ammo counter that they wouldn't sell me ammo for a gun i had on me. I had to break it to the guy that the one on me was already loaded, getting FMJs were for the range. They wouldn't budge.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Here is the reply I got from BATFE on this subject.
    This proves you were lied to.
    It could be a Wal-Mart policy.
    But there is not a Federal or State law prohibiting ammo sales between the hours of 2200-0700

This is in response to your email, dated February 21, 2011, to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). In your email, you inquired if there is a Federal law prohibiting a licensee from selling ammunition between 10 P.M. and 7 A.M.

There is no such Federal law that dictates the hours in which a licensee can operate. However, there may be State laws that pertain to this activity. ATF has no jurisdiction over State law. Contact your State’s Attorney General office with any questions you may have concerning State law. A list of their offices is available at: NAAG | Welcome for further assistance.

Additionally, licensees may dictate their own business practices and policies. ATF has no jurisdiction over such policies and practices unless a violation of Federal law has occurred. If you have reason to believe this licensee has violated Federal law, please contact your local ATF Field Office.

Should you have additional questions, please contact your local ATF office. A listing of ATF office phone numbers can be found at: ATF Online - Field Divisions.

Regards,
    Firearms Industry Programs Branch, ATF

Top Bottom