• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Snowman, you added the word "afford" when quoting me. If cost is you only concern, look around, you can find better prices than walmart offers. Walmart depends on you being too lazy to look elsewhere.

I don't think you fixed that for me at all.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Snowman, you added the word "afford" when quoting me. If cost is you only concern, look around, you can find better prices than walmart offers. Walmart depends on you being too lazy to look elsewhere.

I don't think you fixed that for me at all.

I have looked around and the only way to beat wal marts prices is at kroger and the distance I have to travel outside of my normal routine costs more than my savings. So even though some of us don't want to patronize them we may not have better options for cost effectiveness.

BBP30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Brownsburg
    FWIW, Brownsburg and Avon Wal-Marts have the same sign...I told the associate "You know that's not actually a law right?" and they just shrugged their shoulders.

I agree wal-mart isn't really the best price out there...on ammo anyway (good in a pinch though), so it is slightly annoying that they have enacted this policy and the drones just go with it.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I was driving back from my girlfriend's house earlier and decided to stop at WalMart in Plainfield. I went back to sporting goods to grab some ammo so that I can go shooting next weekend. I stopped and asked an associate if he could get someone to help me in sporting goods with ammo. He then informed me that they could not sell ammo between the hours of 2200 and 0700. I asked if he could get a manager and he did. The manager then proceeded to tell me that Indiana state law forbids selling ammo between those hours. I've never heard this law before, anyone else hear it? If it's a WalMart policy you can bet that they've lost my business for most stuff. I can get everything that I get there at other stores.

Hi Stephen,

I had this happen at the local Walmart a couple years ago.

They were truthful, and this is what they told me: No, it's not state law, or any law. Walmart does not feel they have enough staff between those hours to safely regulate the sale of firearms and ammo. Additionally, many of the clientele at those times are a bit less-than-sober, and management doesn't feel it's worth the risk of a lawsuit.

Is it right? Maybe, and maybe they're ill-informed.

The employees I talked to wanted to sell me the ammo, but they also wanted to keep their jobs.

I told them I understand that it's a corporate thing, not theirs, and don't worry about it, though they might, if they feel their jobs were safe in doing so, report that a customer would be going elsewhere for ammunition in the morning.

Hope this helps.

Josh

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Hi Stephen,

I had this happen at the local Walmart a couple years ago.

They were truthful, and this is what they told me: No, it's not state law, or any law. Walmart does not feel they have enough staff between those hours to safely regulate the sale of firearms and ammo. Additionally, many of the clientele at those times are a bit less-than-sober, and management doesn't feel it's worth the risk of a lawsuit.

Is it right? Maybe, and maybe they're ill-informed.

The employees I talked to wanted to sell me the ammo, but they also wanted to keep their jobs.

I told them I understand that it's a corporate thing, not theirs, and don't worry about it, though they might, if they feel their jobs were safe in doing so, report that a customer would be going elsewhere for ammunition in the morning.

Hope this helps.

Josh

As I said before, this is not a corporate policy. It is simply the overnight manager does not want to get the keys out of the lockbox in the office. No associate would be terminated or receive any type of disciplinary action for selling ammo during these hours.

bubba16430

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    logansport
    I also have bought ammo at the logansport store around 1-2 am (when they actually have it in stock), and they have never gave me any problems. Around here they are the cheapest place to get. Its about the only thing i buy from them tho.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I have bought ammo at walmart any hour of the day in Brownsburg.What I can't believe is you actually found someone to help you with ammo at the Plainfield walmart. That place is silly in the sporting goods section.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    This has to be all on Walmart and quite possibly this particular store or region... I travel to PA quite often and where I stay there is a Walmart nearby and I have purchased ammo many times before 0700. Yes I have to find someone to get the key but never an issue with purchasing during that time frame.
    JD

sensationals

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    they probably just don't want to have to deal with finding somebody to unlock the ammunition cabinet at those hours. too much of a headache.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I was in the Greenwood Walmart Friday morning. A guy needed help in "sporting goods" (he needed some ammo or something else in one of those display cases). It was at least 15-20 minutes while I was walking around that I kept hearing them page for someone. He was still waiting when I left. This was apx 10am

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'll admit I like walmart at Halloween because I like all the decorations, but I quit going when I couldn't get ammo before a match. It was 10:07 and they said they quit opening the glass at 10pm. I told them I drove to the West side from the east side (about 15 min) just to go there and get ammo. Wouldn't let me talk to a manager or anything. I told them I will never spend a dime in there again if I could not at least talk to a manager about my problem. Its been a year and a half. And I've never even been in a Walmart since.

Daniel686

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Thats walmart bs. I usually get tired of waiting for someone and leave. I got into it with them when they had a price that was wrong. Long story short they pulled some more Indiana law and they wouldnt give me my money back right after i had bought them.

Top Bottom