• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    As a Walmart associate of 10yrs and manager of 6 yrs, I apologize for the idiots that work in some of these stores. As we know, this ammo hours of sale is not a law or a corporate policy. It is simply the overnight associates/ managers are too lazy to get the keys and take care of the customer. If you have trouble, get the store number and and call 1-800-walmart. When you talk to someone, mention a manager and the district office as well as the store will be notified. You should receive a call back from the store. This is part of the store managers evaluation, but I didn't tell you that.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    As a Walmart associate of 10yrs and manager of 6 yrs, I apologize for the idiots that work in some of these stores. As we know, this ammo hours of sale is not a law or a corporate policy. It is simply the overnight associates/ managers are too lazy to get the keys and take care of the customer. If you have trouble, get the store number and and call 1-800-walmart. When you talk to someone, mention a manager and the district office as well as the store will be notified. You should receive a call back from the store. This is part of the store managers evaluation, but I didn't tell you that.

Good to know..... they lost a sale of 4 tvs when we had a power surge due to them not selling during the year end inventory, that was about $3k+ in electronics sales....

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The Vincennes Walmart has a sign about not selling firearms during certain hours. I can't remember what they are, but it's something like 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM for example. I took it to mean they wouldn't be able to call in to do the background check.
    Probably other Walmarts have carried that policy over to ammo sales as well because......well who knows why.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Thanks for the info, Jubba. I will most certainly be leaving a nice little message about that WalMart. The three guys were pretty nice about it and kept saying if they could sell it, they would. The manager on the other hand was so sure that it was a law and wouldn't even consider it. A true dbag in my book.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The Vincennes Walmart has a sign about not selling firearms during certain hours. I can't remember what they are, but it's something like 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM for example. I took it to mean they wouldn't be able to call in to do the background check.
    Probably other Walmarts have carried that policy over to ammo sales as well because......well who knows why.

So does Walmart actually sell firearms they have in inventory?

Just yesterday at the Plymouth Walmart my brother wanted to buy a Ruger Mini-14 they had in the case. The salesman told him you can't buy the firearms that are in the cases, that they are for display only.

He said they will order a firearm for you if you want one. Then he told my brother the one he gets will be different from the one on display because they can't get that one. Then why have it on display? Too bad because he really wanted to buy the one they had in the case and probably would have walked out with it yesterday if they would have sold it. :(

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    the walmart by me in plymouth is a joke i quit dealing with them you can never find somebody with a key or a clue

Yup thats the one i go to. I have to go to the automotive section and have them page someone. Another thing i've been told from one of my buddies that works there is that the workers hide all the ammo they want until they can afford to buy it (at a 10% discount). Thats why there hasn't been any .45 auto and 7.62X39 in there for months. Just last week i went in there and there was finally some .45 on the shelf. The employees must be all stocked up for now. He also told me, and i have confirmed this, that the workers will hide say...boxes of 45 behind a stack of 9mm to save for his buddies when they come in. I spotted this a few times and asked them for .45 and they said we dont have any and i walked over there and pointed to the box hiding behind the 9mm and there just like "whoa how did that get there?" :xmad: Grrrr.....F*cking Walmart!!!

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN

Your a good guy Jubba. Thanks for your input.

I drive a lot with my job. I find almost every walmart to be different. Some carry a lot of different types of ammo and are willing to help you, some don't and aren't.

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    I have personally, and recently, purchased ammo on several occasions from Wal-Mart at 3 o'clock in the morning, or around then. It must a a store to store situation. However, if its Indiana Law, maybe I need to turn myself in?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I had them try to tell me that once. Pure BS. Just an excuse to not go find the guy with the key. I made a few calls with the manager right there and confronted him with facts from his superiors. He then found the courage to tell me the truth. The guy who last had the key took it home by mistake and he didn't know where his was as he had NEVER used it.....

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yup thats the one i go to. I have to go to the automotive section and have them page someone. Another thing i've been told from one of my buddies that works there is that the workers hide all the ammo they want until they can afford to buy it (at a 10% discount). Thats why there hasn't been any .45 auto and 7.62X39 in there for months. Just last week i went in there and there was finally some .45 on the shelf. The employees must be all stocked up for now. He also told me, and i have confirmed this, that the workers will hide say...boxes of 45 behind a stack of 9mm to save for his buddies when they come in. I spotted this a few times and asked them for .45 and they said we dont have any and i walked over there and pointed to the box hiding behind the 9mm and there just like "whoa how did that get there?" :xmad: Grrrr.....F*cking Walmart!!!

I understand the frustration, but isn't this an idiot employee issue and not a walmart issue?

If it is really happening, complain to the manager. If you get no where then you have an honest f walmart issue. As of now I see it as the idiot employee.

Ammo has no law on hours of sale.

Calling in a gun sale is legit as the NICS center is only open certain hours. Off the top of my head I don't know them but they accommodate east & west coast time zones.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I understand the frustration, but isn't this an idiot employee issue and not a walmart issue?

If it is really happening, complain to the manager. If you get no where then you have an honest f walmart issue. As of now I see it as the idiot employee.

Ammo has no law on hours of sale.

Calling in a gun sale is legit as the NICS center is only open certain hours. Off the top of my head I don't know them but they accommodate east & west coast time zones.

Yes it is an idiot employee issue, but its just as much a walmart issue because they know its going on and dont do anything about it. The friend i know works in the grocery section, specifically the cooler for the milk i think. And she knows about it. If she knows and has nothing to do with the guns section and never goes over there then everyone in there knows. Next time i see it i will make it a point to have a "head manager" come over there and take a look....but then again how do you prove it. All they have to say is it was a mistake. And what about all the ammo they hide behind the counter and claim they dont have, waiting for their paycheck to pick it up?

Top Bottom